Pecking order

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Glen Campbell is on at present and he is trotting out his usual claptrap and I was just wondering what position I would put him on the top 10 list of those who go over them same spiel time and time again.

The coat is lovely and light for summer BUT will keep you warm in winter.
White is so lovely for summer but sooooooo fashionable now in winter
Dressy but sporty
Can wear it over a dress but under a coat (double coating?)
Navy is the same as black - they both cover you up (!)

Etc etc etc

I get annoyed when I hear it trotted out that a particular style suits all shapes and sizes ..its so wrong ... I worked in ladies wear for 20 years and I know that some women have no idea what suits their shape. I always replied politely when asked as to whether they suited a dress etc or not ...they must be on commission !! Its so dishonest!!

I get annoyed when I hear it trotted out that a particular style suits all shapes and sizes ..its so wrong ... I worked in ladies wear for 20 years and I know that some women have no idea what suits their shape. I always replied politely when asked as to whether they suited a dress etc or not ...they must be on commission !! Its so dishonest!!

Same with how Q sell make up, "this shade suits everyone". No, it really doesn't.
They are sales people on commission, they'll say anything. Shame some people fall for it.

Further to your point, it's astonishing how many women have no idea what clothes shapes suit them (or more importantly don't suit them...) isn't it?

Latest posts

Back