Peony Faux Flowers are back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As far as I know they didn’t go over to IW. They just disappeared off our screens but are now coming back. Maybe competition from Bloom spurred them on.

And the Bloom lady had her hair done and a style make over too. Never mind seemed too up her own backside for me😆

Bloom are all on clearance prices so they must be showing them aside to make room for the return of Peony flaarrs.

A faux flower shop is back in bloom after being closed since the start of the pandemic.
Peony Faux Flowers in Shifnal has been shut for nearly two years, initially closing due to lockdowns and remaining shut due to uncertainty with government guidance and rule changes.
But now it's back with a bang in time for Christmas. The shop opened a couple of weeks ago, but held an official relaunch event last week, including a champagne reception.
Throughout the lockdown periods when the shop was closed, owner Julie Bates kept things ticking over by appearing on QVC television channel and Australian shopping channel TVSN to sell her wares.
She had to let some staff go due to the impact of the pandemic. But the shop has survived and has opened its doors again for people to visit.
Julie said: "Everyone's been so keen for it to reopen. People have been driving down the driveway for weeks and months to check if we're open.
"We did Christmas drinks and there were so many people. They absolutely loved it. They had champagne and mince pies while they browsed.
It has made people very happy that we're back open. There's nothing like it in the whole country.
"We're open now and welcoming everyone back. In the new year we're going to be having our new spring collection."
She added: "We've got a new website as well, which has gone a bit mad. It's been so busy. We've been getting orders from throughout the country."

I bought a couple of small items from Peony, when they first aired, but I personally wouldn’t pay the high prices for their bouquets. I went to Dunhelm for those and, depending on the flowers you choose, they look just as realistic in my opinion.

I also bought a Phalaenopsis from Peony when it was on offer and it is lovely, but so is the one I bought from Dunhelm at a better price.

A faux flower shop is back in bloom after being closed since the start of the pandemic.
Peony Faux Flowers in Shifnal has been shut for nearly two years, initially closing due to lockdowns and remaining shut due to uncertainty with government guidance and rule changes.
But now it's back with a bang in time for Christmas. The shop opened a couple of weeks ago, but held an official relaunch event last week, including a champagne reception.
Throughout the lockdown periods when the shop was closed, owner Julie Bates kept things ticking over by appearing on QVC television channel and Australian shopping channel TVSN to sell her wares.
She had to let some staff go due to the impact of the pandemic. But the shop has survived and has opened its doors again for people to visit.
Julie said: "Everyone's been so keen for it to reopen. People have been driving down the driveway for weeks and months to check if we're open.
"We did Christmas drinks and there were so many people. They absolutely loved it. They had champagne and mince pies while they browsed.
It has made people very happy that we're back open. There's nothing like it in the whole country.
"We're open now and welcoming everyone back. In the new year we're going to be having our new spring collection."
She added: "We've got a new website as well, which has gone a bit mad. It's been so busy. We've been getting orders from throughout the country."

I think there might be a bit of over-egging the pudding with her comments. Really ? people actually driving up to buy faux flaaaaarers, I find that hard to believe.

Ah ha. So that's why Mr CC has had a haircut and bought a new shirt. Miss stiff frocks Julie is coming back on the TV. I KNEW there had to be a reason.

I've had some small peony items in the past and I couldn't fault the quality but if one spending habit has to go in today's times then I'm afraid it would be fabric flowers, along with the candles and copious amounts of beauty products.

I will get the QVC TV schedule though and allow Mr CC his little fantasy ;)

CC

Since lockdown has stopped some time ago and she was able to send stuff to Australia I think Covid has been milked a bit there. Probably didn’t like Q‘s new contract terms or was in financial trouble, or both

If you were to buy the Grecian vase they're recommending to put them in, it would total £120.90. :eek: I bought some small bouquets in vases, years ago and ended up giving them to the charity shop. They really aren't what they make them out to be.

Latest posts

Back