Perfume week

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yep, methinks you could be right!
maybe he'll have more time to tell us his stories of 'd'ya know when I first came across this fragrance'.....oh joy!

But he won't have time to discover them though deedee, jeez I'm gutted.

Mind you, we might some decent ones now.

Why all the bile? Are Bid so much worse than everyone else? Theres currently a BT Broadband advert on primetime slots where they advertise it at only £7.50 a month. At the bottom of the screen in small print is a caption informing you that this is only for six months and then it goes up to £15 a month but only if you also rent a BT line at another £15. In other words the real cost is 30 quid not £7.50. Remember, this is a reputable, mainstream company on primetime TV. Companies pay advertisers and marketing men gazillions of dollars in their attempts to get money out of us. We are drip fed BS every day of the week by car manufacturers, holiday companies, the diet industry and pharmaceutical giants. They're no different to Bid TV they're just better at it. I've got this great idea for all of you with a downer on Bid - go and buy your stuff cheaper on ebay or amazon and stop watching it. You'll save lots of money and save time watching tv and having to come on here to comment on how bad it is. You could even spend that free time actually doing stuff. Simples.

Why all the bile? Are Bid so much worse than everyone else? Theres currently a BT Broadband advert on primetime slots where they advertise it at only £7.50 a month. At the bottom of the screen in small print is a caption informing you that this is only for six months and then it goes up to £15 a month but only if you also rent a BT line at another £15. In other words the real cost is 30 quid not £7.50. Remember, this is a reputable, mainstream company on primetime TV. Companies pay advertisers and marketing men gazillions of dollars in their attempts to get money out of us. We are drip fed BS every day of the week by car manufacturers, holiday companies, the diet industry and pharmaceutical giants. They're no different to Bid TV they're just better at it. I've got this great idea for all of you with a downer on Bid - go and buy your stuff cheaper on ebay or amazon and stop watching it. You'll save lots of money and save time watching tv and having to come on here to comment on how bad it is. You could even spend that free time actually doing stuff. Simples.

Very very very very true. but unfortunately BID dont play any adverts for these companies. and as most people on here cant change the channel for fear of losing count of how many products they cant spend the £10 voucher on (the free voucher that they dont have that is) its unlikely anyone will be able to agree with your point (although i suspect they will disagree lol)

apart from me that is. and i think its a brilliant well made point.

maybe one day bid will clone debbie greenwood and only sell Lulu Guinness all day. maybe then people will run out of stuff to whine about and get on with their lives lol

The Aramis Tuscany seems to be quite a good price compared to the high street, even with p+p.

Schlock has some Clarins Eau Dynamisante on offer today. I wonder how he'll pitch it?

'ooh d'ya know I first came across this fragrance when I was The Mayor of Paris and was given a bottle as a gift by Gerard Depardieu'

Schlock has some Clarins Eau Dynamisante on offer today. I wonder how he'll pitch it?

'ooh d'ya know I first came across this fragrance when I was The Mayor of Paris and was given a bottle as a gift by Gerard Depardieu'

well if its over £20 and you have a credit you can get an AMAZING BIG BRANDED product delivered for FREE... wahoooo...

Bid are not so much worse than everyone else and indeed some of the presenters are very informative and entertaining. However, some of their practices are very suspect such as asking people to try out products and if they are no good send them back (which costs the customer the postage charge as well as the well documented hassle with the call centre) and making outlandish claims about perfumes, 'art' and jewellery etc. They also are very careful with their price checks which is disingenuous to say the least. There are other forums to slag off BT, car companies etc but these companies generally have tighter checks and balances than Bid TV obviously do. People join this forum to discuss and critique certain aspects of Bid TV in a gently mocking manner. They actually enjoy BidTV as an entertainment but at times are disgusted by its shoddy practices.

Sadly you couldn't use your free £10 credit on the Clarins Fragrance.

It sold for, somewhat predictably, £19.99 :mysmilie_12:

Carol from Peterborough rang in today. She has a collection to rival Schlocks and has a 'cupboard of loveliness'

Salleh asked her if she'd bought any perfumes that she hadn't smelt and of course the answer was 'yes, all the time' off Bid of course. She's buying Schlock's fragrance today.

They asked Carol if she was on FB and she said she was but said something like she isn't very good at it. They asked her to take a pic of her cupboard of loveliness and put it on FB and she said she would.

After much laughter, Carol's minute of fame was over.

Carol from Peterborough rang in today. She has a collection to rival Schlocks and has a 'cupboard of loveliness'

Salleh asked her if she'd bought any perfumes that she hadn't smelt and of course the answer was 'yes, all the time' off Bid of course. She's buying Schlock's fragrance today.

They asked Carol if she was on FB and she said she was but said something like she isn't very good at it. They asked her to take a pic of her cupboard of loveliness and put it on FB and she said she would.

After much laughter, Carol's minute of fame was over.

Ah, Carol sounds lovely.

I hope she enjoys her Divine Decadence, cock eyed label and all :mysmilie_59:

Maybe Schlock was suffering from a dry tongue when he was licking the stickers?

It is becoming so clear what their demographic is. People who are of a certain age and not particularly computer literate to their financial detriment.

It is becoming so clear what their demographic is. People who are of a certain age and not particularly computer literate to their financial detriment.

Spot on Joe. Bid TV has as much of a long term future as the Cathode Ray Television :mysmilie_59:

Ah, Carol sounds lovely.

I hope she enjoys her Divine Decadence, cock eyed label and all :mysmilie_59:

Maybe Schlock was suffering from a dry tongue when he was licking the stickers?

A wonky label to match his lovely wonky face lol! His words btw!

I would be interested in trying some of this perfume, but I just can't afford to make mistakes. Such a shame they can't find a way of sending the customers perfume samples, even if they were just like a piece of card doused in the fragrance. I've bought a few perfumes from Bid and have mostly been lucky, only one was nauseating and it came in a set with another perfume that I knew and loved. I used to buy a lot more when they used to allow you to pay one p&p on online orders but of course they soon put a stop to that - Now I won't take the risk. I know they say you can try the fragrance in a shop, then if you like it order it from them, the way things are at the moment you're more than likely better off buying in that shop, or searching for a different online retailer who doesn't charge the earth to have it delivered!

I would love to find out how they are able to manufacture a parfum for this price using such rare and exotic oils under the guidance of experienced parfumeurs in exclusive perfume labs. It's a shame the buyers aren't able to experience a real parfum to compare. I believe they would be astounded by the difference. I own several parfums and spent a lot of time in Roja Dove's retreat at Harrods discussing how parfums are made (costs and skills involved) so I speak from experience.

Sadly you couldn't use your free £10 credit on the Clarins Fragrance.

It sold for, somewhat predictably, £19.99 :mysmilie_12:

£19.99???? A penny below the minimum to use the credit? Clearly a conspiracy!! I bet they will sell it at the slightly unusual price of £20.00 after the credit redemption period is over!!

A wonky label to match his lovely wonky face lol! His words btw!

I would be interested in trying some of this perfume, but I just can't afford to make mistakes. Such a shame they can't find a way of sending the customers perfume samples, even if they were just like a piece of card doused in the fragrance. I've bought a few perfumes from Bid and have mostly been lucky, only one was nauseating and it came in a set with another perfume that I knew and loved. I used to buy a lot more when they used to allow you to pay one p&p on online orders but of course they soon put a stop to that - Now I won't take the risk. I know they say you can try the fragrance in a shop, then if you like it order it from them, the way things are at the moment you're more than likely better off buying in that shop, or searching for a different online retailer who doesn't charge the earth to have it delivered!

I predict a deluge of unknown fragrances will hit our screens before long. I doubt the trade fair that the buyers are going to that Schlock keeps mentioning is going to be for household names (but of course I could be wrong).

And sadly the name grabbing fragrances this week have often been more expensive than the high street let alone online retailers.

But fair play to them, at least they brought some brands in.

Latest posts

Back