Perfume week

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I would love to find out how they are able to manufacture a parfum for this price using such rare and exotic oils under the guidance of experienced parfumeurs in exclusive perfume labs. It's a shame the buyers aren't able to experience a real parfum to compare. I believe they would be astounded by the difference. I own several parfums and spent a lot of time in Roja Dove's retreat at Harrods discussing how parfums are made (costs and skills involved) so I speak from experience.

The Fragrantica and Basenotes websites usefully explain about the different types of perfumes on the market but I'm sure you know better than me what goes into a good one.

But put basically there's perfumes and there's, ahem, perfumes :mysmilie_59:

The Fragrantica and Basenotes websites usefully explain about the different types of perfumes on the market but I'm sure you know better than me what goes into a good one.

Indeed, you are so right!

There's a huge gap between something like Obsession and the distinctive odour of cut-price toilet cleaner, so we're glad that Bid and Price-drop have highly knowlegeable and informed experts that are able to steer us through the minefield of cut-price toilet cleaners towards the scent of our dreams :mysmilie_59:

There's a huge gap between something like Obsession and the distinctive odour of cut-price toilet cleaner, so we're glad that Bid and Price-drop have highly knowlegeable and informed experts that are able to steer us through the minefield of cut-price toilet cleaners towards the scent of our dreams :mysmilie_59:

Indeed but let's look on the bright side.

I believe Nikki Beach was particularly rank but it doubled up as an exceptionally effective moss remover :mysmilie_59:

Indeed but let's look on the bright side.

I believe Nikki Beach was particularly rank but it doubled up as an exceptionally effective moss remover :mysmilie_59:

Ah right, I must try that on my decking, I've only used it as a car de icer and paint stripper so far
Isn't it wonderful how useful and versatile the channels' products are

Ah right, I must try that on my decking, I've only used it as a car de icer and paint stripper so far
Isn't it wonderful how useful and versatile the channels' products are

This is it deedee, their multi functional products are what make Bid so unique.

Take Perfect Polish for example. Not only will it brighten your brass and metals to a brilliant shine it's also the perfect antidote to Soy Sauce spillages :mysmilie_59:

This is it deedee, their multi functional products are what make Bid so unique.

Take Perfect Polish for example. Not only will it brighten your brass and metals to a brilliant shine it's also the perfect antidote to Soy Sauce spillages :mysmilie_59:

that's exactly it Wirral, the versatility of their products is what I love most
T&K t-shirts make very effective dusters
and I rather creatively crafted a wedding veil out of some of their net curtains
hey, I think this could run as a thread in it's own right - Bid's Multipurpose Miscellany! :mysmilie_13:

that's exactly it Wirral, the versatility of their products is what I love most
T&K t-shirts make very effective dusters
and I rather creatively crafted a wedding veil out of some of their net curtains
hey, I think this could run as a thread in it's own right - Bid's Multipurpose Miscellany! :mysmilie_13:

It's good to hear you have discovered the product's exciting versatility deedee.

Of course it's only fitting the merchandise is multifunctional when many of the presenters are too. I doubt QVC have many Art Experts, Perfumiers, Sound Technicians, Electricians and Rumba Dancers among their roster of on air talent.

Indeed they even have a Gusset Guru* in Peter Simon :mysmilie_59:

*Trademark Pending

It's good to hear you have discovered the product's exciting versatility deedee.

Of course it's only fitting the merchandise is multifunctional when many of the presenters are too. I doubt QVC have many Art Experts, Perfumiers, Sound Technicians, Electricians and Rumba Dancers among their roster of on air talent.

Indeed they even have a Gusset Guru* in Peter Simon :mysmilie_59:

*Trademark Pending

hmmm, a gusset guru? Peter Simon? that really is quite revolting
the thought of him researching the gussets of ladies' undergarments is vomit inducing (as is the man himself)
however, your point has merit, the presenters constantly display diversity within their skills and knowledge set
it clearly demonstrates an expert recruitment process within the company

hmmm, a gusset guru? Peter Simon? that really is quite revolting
the thought of him researching the gussets of ladies' undergarments is vomit inducing (as is the man himself)
however, your point has merit, the presenters constantly display diversity within their skills and knowledge set
it clearly demonstrates an expert recruitment process within the company

At this juncture it's not clear whether they all possessed their skills at the recruitment stage but they certainly possess them now.

I'm a strong advocate of on the job training :mysmilie_59:

At this juncture it's not clear whether they all possessed their skills at the recruitment stage but they certainly possess them now.

I'm a strong advocate of on the job training :mysmilie_59:

I understand completely, I was in no way shape or form implying that they possessed these skills when they ere employed
I, like you Wirral, totally advocate personal and professional development
I think it's so important to explore one's role and push the boundaries of training and development, it's how they grow as people and professionals!

I understand completely, I was in no way shape or form implying that they possessed these skills when they ere employed
I, like you Wirral, totally advocate personal and professional development
I think it's so important to explore one's role and push the boundaries of training and development, it's how they grow as people and professionals!

I should coco.

Their training programmes must be stellar.

It was fun watching him do a shift on price drop a few weeks and having to remember a new number.

Does anyone out there know what Guy Kean is an expert in? Apart from reading out the telephone number 0904...

Yeah, but he does it so nicely lol He is one of the few I can watch for more than five mins. No idea what he is expert at....

At least he is an expert in something. I couldn't think what it could be! On a different has anyone else noticed that Caroline is always selling tools on price drop. She may be doing a brilliant job, I am not an expert although I have a tool box and can construct simple flat pack book cases. It just seems odd that every time I switch over she is selling tools.

At least he is an expert in something. I couldn't think what it could be! On a different has anyone else noticed that Caroline is always selling tools on price drop. She may be doing a brilliant job, I am not an expert although I have a tool box and can construct simple flat pack book cases. It just seems odd that every time I switch over she is selling tools.

Price Drop are big on showcasing tools right now and I don't mean Paul Evers.

Latest posts

Back