Perfume?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did I hear right that RL is thinking of starting a perfume range? I don't think she was joking when she asked people to give her ideas for a name.
OMG! That wouldn't surprise me in the least. There's no way on God's earth that a perfume with her name behind it, or God forbid on the bottle would do very well in the world of normal shopping (the shops) but bung it on QVC and it'll be lapped up! Just off to think of a suitable name but Ruthless would seem the obvious choice! I'm calling on our very own Duke of Cheese to come up with something.

Wots betting it'll be Maggie or whatever her dog's name is. Buying perfume with her grin slapped on the packaging is just too awful.

The thought of buying ANYTHING with her name on - like the box of gloves with her name plastered on it, or the bag with her logo on, is the equivalent of giving someone an Embassy record from Woolworths (back in the day). I wouldn't insult anyone - and as for the pricing, ****** ridiculous. Michael Korres she isn't, Amanda Wakeley she isn't, She's a QVC own brand, that in itself is an insult.

Oh, the old celeb perfume.

Right, this is how it goes.

Company approaches X we want to create a perfume for you. Oh, how wonderful, said celeb. They go to a giant lab that creates loads of perfumes of everyone and their granny. Real perfume houses have their own in house noses to create for them. So celeb arrives and shown loads of test tubes with numbers on them as and asked to sniff which one do you like? That one! Okay, that is your perfume and of course you wear it yourself all the time. So it is released and some months later when it does not sell so well another one is pushed out. They are inexpensive to make as well, they have gallons of it always just waiting for whatever celeb to put their name to it.

The classic one was some years back Nicole Kidman was paid big money to be the face of Chanel No5, a TV ad costings ££££ to make etc. So, she was appearing on a US chat show and the host asked her which perfume she wore? She was honest and said Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose which was a reasonable price drug store perfume. 🤣

I've said for years that probably the same happens with 'named' creams and potions. Linda Lusardi, Tess Daly, - Abbi Cleeve ???? but all done in 'classy' packaging - where most of the cost goes, - to give it more of a spa look.

To be honest Qurio or Q isn't a bad name for a perfume, but it doesn't really link in with Ruth, it would have to have her signature on it in some way, shape or form. The name Ruth doesn't lend itself to a perfume. If the rumour is true then Lord knows what she'll end up calling it, but I shan't be indulging that's for sure!

Wots betting it'll be Maggie or whatever her dog's name is. Buying perfume with her grin slapped on the packaging is just too awful.

The thought of buying ANYTHING with her name on - like the box of gloves with her name plastered on it, or the bag with her logo on, is the equivalent of giving someone an Embassy record from Woolworths (back in the day). I wouldn't insult anyone - and as for the pricing, ****** ridiculous. Michael Korres she isn't, Amanda Wakeley she isn't, She's a QVC own brand, that in itself is an insult.
What's an Embassy Record? Was it a 45 or something?

Ah, probably only anyone over 65 will remember that Embassy was the name of Woolworth's own brand for their 45 records - the pop music of the day recordings but not by the original artists. So say Cilla Black's "Anyone who had a Heart" would be sung by some obscure female singer. That's why they were cheaper than the genuine article. I think if I remember correctly that I paid 6/4d (31p) for a 45, but the Embassy version would be about 1/6d (6p).

Latest posts

Back