Peter Simon joining TJC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

"I say it as it is"

He's spitting out all the classic catchphrases this evening. They must've bottled up inside him just waiting to fizz over. He'll be out of material, okay, before the end of the hour, alright.

I hopped on for 5 mins last night and they were flogging a watch. It dropped from whatever to around £799. Cue surprised look from Peter and Marina.

Peter: Producer, is that price right? I have £1,285 on my list here?!?'

Cue a bit more of Peter and Marina looking around with a faux puzzled look on their faces.

You can say chill out, it's just sales patter. Or equally you can say it's a sales technique intentionally used to mislead the viewer they are getting a better deal than they should be.

I know which one I think it is ;)

I only watched till 11.30 but for his standards thought he was pretty restrained

For balance plenty on TJC have tried to sell the Pyrex set as a "18 piece" which technically it is (with the lids) PS kept saying 9 pieces

I hopped on for 5 mins last night and they were flogging a watch. It dropped from whatever to around £799. Cue surprised look from Peter and Marina.

Peter: Producer, is that price right? I have £1,285 on my list here?!?'

Cue a bit more of Peter and Marina looking around with a faux puzzled look on their faces.

You can say chill out, it's just sales patter. Or equally you can say it's a sales technique intentionally used to mislead the viewer they are getting a better deal than they should be.

I know which one I think it is ;)

No thinking for me, it's DEFINITELY a deceitful sales technique, one that really shouldn't be perpetrated on a TV shopping channel, especially as said TV channels are supposed to be regulated in order to protect the general public against this sort of deceitful behaviour. OFCOM, ASA your utterly useless.

TBH I thought we had seen the last of Peter Simon.

Desperate times at TJC?

In terms of choice with some yes in terms of financial strength no chance the only way TJC close in the next 5 years is if they decide to leave the UK market which I can't see happening

That could come back to bite me but the parent company really is massive

I concur with the point made earlier in that for me, he seemed incredibly calm- soporific by his standards, even. How many times did he say the word 'agreed'? More times than an unrealistic timepiece RRP is pushed to encourage the thought you're getting a bargain. No bargains with those watches I saw. When he quotes outrageous RRPs on a £100 Rolex hour (can you imagine??), I might take all that pricing BS seriously.

No thinking for me, it's DEFINITELY a deceitful sales technique, one that really shouldn't be perpetrated on a TV shopping channel, especially as said TV channels are supposed to be regulated in order to protect the general public against this sort of deceitful behaviour. OFCOM, ASA your utterly useless.
What wouldn't surprise me is, to avoid being accused of outright lying, they very possibly do have higher prices printed on their meaningless sheets of paper than the eventual selling price. So Peter and Marina maybe did have £1,285 (or whatever it was) on their sheets, whilst knowing all the time the product would drop to half that.

Latest posts

Back