Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's obviously on crapspeak autopilot when he does the shows.....because they're on the blurdy channel on a regular basis..hasn't everyone who wants one got one of these overpriced 'collectors item' (ha, ha, ha!) watches by now? Perhaps IW should invest in a few robots to present the shows, they would be better than the presenters. How in the name of Mick can these watches be sought out by 'collectors'? Antiques Roadshow, eat yer heart out...
'They don't let me and Kevin do these shows very often, this is only the, I think, fourth one'...... Kevski sits there like a nodding dog

Eh? They are on every week or more, what's that all about?

Mutts, if you get withdrawal symptoms for the old 'this price cannot be right' routine, just switch yourself over to Gemporia......and of course we believe it every time (not).

Oh please, not the wrong price routine again... Haven't seen that for at least a fortnight.

Mutts, if you get withdrawal symptoms for the old 'this price cannot be right' routine, just switch yourself over to Gemporia......and of course we believe it every time (not).

Yeah I know what you mean! And Mark on The Jewellery Channel is brilliant, the stunned look, the comments "I don't know what just happened" blah blah, hilarious!!

Dirty perv at it again...."you're telling me this watch is water resistant to 350m for £30 odd"

No you cluntard, that is a quarter of the price. And the fact that the so called expert says "yes" makes me want to punch him. Why don't the production staff have a word in his earpiece???

Dirty perv at it again...."you're telling me this watch is water resistant to 350m for £30 odd"

No you cluntard, that is a quarter of the price. And the fact that the so called expert says "yes" makes me want to punch him. Why don't the production staff have a word in his earpiece???

Another so called expert who doesn't know the difference between a moonphase and a day and night feature! Where do they find them?

Get it insured - Check
Take a photo - Check
Its rare - Check
Highly collectable - Check
We cannot get them - Check
Very Valuable - Check
We've only got an handful - Check
We weren't allowed any more - Check

Last edited:
Get it insured - Check
Take a photo - Check
Its rare - Check
Highly collectable - Check
We cannot get them - Check
Very Valuable - Check
We've only got an handful - Check
We weren't allowed any more - Check

LOOK AT THAT - Check
LOOK AT THIS - Check

Just made the mistake of viewing Peter Simon - Ideal World facebook page,some sad people on there.

Lost count of how many times he quoted the price of a watch last night, but was just mentioning a single flexi payment. And NOT following it up by saying it was indeed the first instalment. And his little side kick Del Boy not bothering to correct him.

And Dirty Pete....if a watch has a price listed, then it isn't actually priceless or incredibly valuable. It is literally worth the price it is selling for you numpty.

Lost count of how many times he quoted the price of a watch last night, but was just mentioning a single flexi payment. And NOT following it up by saying it was indeed the first instalment. And his little side kick Del Boy not bothering to correct him.

And Dirty Pete....if a watch has a price listed, then it isn't actually priceless or incredibly valuable. It is literally worth the price it is selling for you numpty.

Not to mention the Gold plated Mathey Tissot for around £200, which he kept calling a Gold Watch.

All the Watches are very rare and valuable, no matter how low cost they really are. Of course they all must be photographed and insured. Who on earth insures a Watch that costs £200 - £300?

Paz may I ask.As you seem to be Mr Simon's no 1 fan could you please explain why you feel compelled to defend him so loyally.What redeeming qualities does he possess that make him worthy of your loyalty?Have we really misjudged him?Also ,something in the style of your writing leads me to ask.......are you tech expert Janice?

Paz may I ask.As you seem to be Mr Simon's no 1 fan could you please explain why you feel compelled to defend him so loyally.What redeeming qualities does he possess that make him worthy of your loyalty?Have we really misjudged him?Also ,something in the style of your writing leads me to ask.......are you tech expert Janice?

One way to find out, are they posting from a 4 year old iPad model?

Thank you for your politeness. Who I am really doesn't matter. And as I've said before, I find Peter a good laugh, as simple as that. If he tells a joke that is funny, it makes me laugh. If he tells a joke that isn't funny - let's be honest: that's most of them - that makes me laugh too.

I wouldn't say I defend him loyally, I just find it sad that so many posters here feel the need to (a) watch him so often, (b) note the things he says so often, and (c) come on here to slag him off repeatedly. Looking further around the Ideal World forum, however, it seems most posters hate EVERYTHING - the presenters, the service, the products. For one poster to label the Facebook page full of sad people - simply because they praise the station - is hugely ironic, as well as unkind. If you despise the station as much as most of the posters here clearly do, why watch? I genuinely don't understand why people here should enjoy hating something so much. Genuinely.

Thank you for your politeness. Who I am really doesn't matter. And as I've said before, I find Peter a good laugh, as simple as that. If he tells a joke that is funny, it makes me laugh. If he tells a joke that isn't funny - let's be honest: that's most of them - that makes me laugh too.

I wouldn't say I defend him loyally, I just find it sad that so many posters here feel the need to (a) watch him so often, (b) note the things he says so often, and (c) come on here to slag him off repeatedly. Looking further around the Ideal World forum, however, it seems most posters hate EVERYTHING - the presenters, the service, the products. For one poster to label the Facebook page full of sad people - simply because they praise the station - is hugely ironic, as well as unkind. If you despise the station as much as most of the posters here clearly do, why watch? I genuinely don't understand why people here should enjoy hating something so much. Genuinely.

Actually who you are does sort of matter -unless of course you are prepared to state that you have no association with the company.
In the context of this thread it would be interesting to know, and an unequivocal reply would be welcome.

Actually who you are does sort of matter -unless of course you are prepared to state that you have no association with the company.
In the context of this thread it would be interesting to know, and an unequivocal reply would be welcome.

The implication is that only someone associated with the company should be appalled at the level of relentless, casual online vitriol on display here. I shouldn't have to justify my posts by claiming one thing or another any more than anyone else should. Forgive me if I've misread your tone, but it does seem rather high-handed of you to challenge me to be 'prepared to state that (I) have no association with the company.'

I have no association with the company at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all well and good saying you find dirty Peter funny. And it wouldn't be such a problem with some of his antics, if it wasn't all done while trying to sell items on TV.

The casual dirty little comments and then throwing in the mention of the price.....except not really the price, more likely a quarter of the price, and no mention of that when he says it.

It all just feels like a slimey way of trying to con viewers - acting all silly or smutty, and sneakily mis-quoting prices. Or claiming items are worth more than they really are.

The mind boggles that people can abide that kind of behaviour when it is seemingly done to disguise less than stellar goods, or trying to hide the true cost of something.

I'll say that for me personally, I watch it because I don't sleep well, and so sometimes I'm watching repeats in the middle of the night. Or sometimes because they do have decent prices.

And if I see them claiming an ancient iPad is the most amazing thing ever. Or that the price comparisons show IW's to be the best, when they have cherry picked which retailers prices to list, then I'll come here and say something. This is a place for discussion, good and bad. And if someone interested in buying an iPad or similar, does their homework first before buying and uses google, then perhaps they will stumble across here and learn the truth.....because god knows the Ideal World presenters aren't going to tell them.

Last edited:

Speaking for myself ,I do not hate everything about IW as a channel.Indeed,if asked to choose between it and its closest rival QVC I prefer the former.At least I W is transparently awful in many ways whilst Q pretends to be an online Harrods.Pretentious presenters act like z list celebs.Abysmal postage charges vs IW's more realistic ones . Unfortunately,like many on here I do not like some of the practices used to get people to buy .As this is a discussion forum and negative things are more likely to cause people to react,more negatives than positives are discussed.As another forum member mentioned,this is often to help others not to encounter the same situation or problem.Sometimes a person has commented on service or goods from IW which have been particularly good.Like most people I will give good feedback when it is deserved. As to PS.Although not able to watch often ,he always seems to be on when I do.I cannot find anything funny,relevant,or family orientated in many aspects of his behaviour(My sense of humour is very good) He also fails to describe items or prices accurately on many occasions. There is no hatred towards him but just wonder how he gets away with it.Also you said you have no association with the company at this time. Very cryptic .......I'm sure you are Janice or P.Remblance.

Last edited:
I don't like lies he tells. Like Laurelle, a cheap nasty poundshop type perfume they were selling. Tellling us they had a shop in Regent Street. That was a lie. The company used an accommodation address to receive their letters to impress people that they had a swanky london office. He knew that but said "their main department, their main store, is in Regent Street. I live in London and checked. Then emailed the ASA.who found in my favour. He had to receive training. Well that worked didn't it.

Latest posts

Back