Phillipa the T-Caller

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Is this lady on commission from QVC? It seems like every time I watch at the moment she rings up to talk to the presenters.

She's been on at least 5 times in the last month on various shows raving about products or sucking up to the presenters. She's just been on again now talking to Julia (who she's spoken to at least 3 times), the last time she was hectoring her for a signed photograph after Julia hadn't replied to her letters! :bandit: She sounds very posh and is well spoken, but my goodness does she bum lick.

Now having written all that I'm praying she's nor a member on here...:wink: but she is becoming ubiquitous.

Anyone else heard her or is it just me?

I heard her..I still believe these callers are production crew wandering the corridors of QVC. The same ones that call them when the product is a DECT phone or similar.

It's you isn't it Mrs James? You've been ringing up to tell the presenters how beautiful they look in an overpriced terry towel robe and flip-flops! You've been demanding signed photos with menaces! You've been ringing in to tell Charlie how super duper pooper scoopers he is! Your secret is out :wink:

not heard her but i always turn off when someone calls in can't bear them banging on about how good a product is or how wonderful a presenter is if only you could skype in bet that phillipa is nowhere near posh inreal life she prob uses her phone voice

not heard her but i always turn off when someone calls in can't bear them banging on about how good a product is or how wonderful a presenter is if only you could skype in bet that phillipa is nowhere near posh inreal life she prob uses her phone voice

ditto - as soon as there's a caller I hit the mute button...cain't stands it! Tho many years ago I did ring in myself and speak to the Supernails woman to ask a question! I always use Qcut on order online now tho, never speak to anyone - just call me anti-social..!

I also think these t-callers are made up people. Probably actors who are resting - or practising their accents.

Funny how they often have strong regional accents, but aren't actually from the place they are phoning from (e.g. it's Madge from Bristol and she talks like a norfolk turkey)

Giving this thread a little nudge with a wet flannel as it seems to be Phillipa season again on Le Q. She's rung up a few times in the last few weeks, raving about how marvellous Kim and Co was and again on this afternoon with Mally (fair dos though, Mally is fabulous). Something is really making me wonder whether they are paying people to ring up - this woman does not ring true at all... :wonder:

Ashamed to admit it..........

but not all callers are made up. I hate listening to callers but did give in once when they asked me to speak to the presenter. I didn't gush though and didn't put on my posh voice - well, not much any way! :mysmilie_477:

:giggle:I think Phillipa really does exist. If it was a set up I'd like to think that they would figure out it would be a good idea to vary the name???? On second thoughts, maybe that's expecting too much!:giggle:

but not all callers are made up. I hate listening to callers but did give in once when they asked me to speak to the presenter. I didn't gush though and didn't put on my posh voice - well, not much any way! :mysmilie_477:

Well done you, wish I had the nerve :clapping:

Many moons ago when I rang to place an order they asked me if I wanted to 'go live' and speak to the presenter. I was horrified at the idea! Being a person of few words, I couldn't think of anything I'd like to do less!
I think some of these T callers are your typical chatty ladies who don't like to pause too long for breath as they've got so much to say and so little time to do in in. Speaking to a presenter is just an added ear to bend in their chatty day!
It could well be that some of them are lonely too and see QVC and the presenters as familiar friends.

When I was in the Mall of America in Minneapolis, where they have a QVC shop - the assistant asked if I would like to go talk with them in the studio and be live on QVC USA. The answer was NOOOO!!

They asked me once (Q Cut wasn't working so I had to speak to a human being) but I declined as it would have been way too much of a temptation to say something negative. They must have some way of filtering it because surely someone's had a go, just for a laugh. Even though some callers sound like they're a pint short of a full crate, they all ar*e lick.

I heard the t-caller gush to Mally earlier today.. Didn't realise it was the famous Philippa :bandit:

Latest posts

Back