Please help me choose which eek pendant to keep!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Weathergirl

Registered Shopper
I ordered pendant number 1 (circle) before I saw pendant number 2 (hearts) both from QVC. It's my 40th birthday on Monday- call it a treat for myself! However I swore I would choose my favourite and return the other. Trouble is I really like both.

The Circle one is epiphany platinum clad, was about £30 more expensive than the heart one! It came back in stock and then must have sold out quickly as it is showing as no longer available after about 2 days. The chain is one of mine as the one that came with it was a bit basic.

The heart one is silver (not epiphany). The gold hearts (one rose gold plated and one yellow gold plated) are fixed not moving about. The chain came with the pendant- just silver curb. The heart pendant is on 3 easy pay and weighs about the same as the circle.

I was actually looking for a circle. But when I saw the hearts I thought about "husband, son, daughter". I thought it would be small and flimsy but it's not. I didn't want hearts but now that I have it I like it and think it is excellent value for money. Is the epiphany worth the extra 30 or it it because of the larger eek stone.

I am lucky to be spending my day off with nothing better to do than decide this! (children are at nursery after a mummy day yesterday).

You ladies (and gents!) always give good advice so what should I do? Which do you think is the one I should keep?

TIA

uploadfromtaptalk1363688730429.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363688798678.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Yes i preferred the heart one too. As the hearts are fixed they should not lose their plating so hopefully will be tiptop condition for a long time. Happy Birthday I enjoyed my forties and hope you do too.

I think the heart one is very nice although I am not a heart person but I like the 3 colour gold effect as long as it is not too brassy.maybe you could go back for the other to celebrate another occasion!? Think how much you have spent on P&P & the return!
Happy Birthday! I am 25 years ahead of you & at a great stage in life--it is good to have the luxury to indulge yourself time wise doing just as you want.I do it everyday now!

Seeing as you`re 40 and seeing as one of them is on easy pay then I`d keep both especially if you love them and even more so if they`re good quality. Eek is going the way of many others items in so far as new pieces are often poorly made and with less weight in them so look upon them both as an investment for the future when you may not like anything they bring out. Add the cost of the circle pendant to the cost of the first EP for the heart pendant and you`re still within a reasonable first outlay of money. That`s what I`d do anyway.

i adore the round one it looks really classic and very expensive. i have a heart shaped one like this with a tiny stone in the top floating. also around the chain are tiny solid siver heart stations. it looks very similar to the one with the round stone my fav sorry ladies x

Well firstly a very Happy Birthday and you should definitely treat yourself.

The circle is very much a classic for today. Very trendy but still something you will wear for years to come.

To my mind the heart is more unusual and I personally love the three colours of gold together. I saw it on air and it really is very pretty.

I'd probably go for the circle though if I was treating myself. But either one would be a very suitable treat and both will be very wearable.

I like Vienna's idea of keeping both if I'm honest.

Weathergirl, they are both very pretty, what are the item nimbers please?

Thank you for your replies so far plesse keep them coming!

Marina the hearts one is 607675 and is still available. It is quite substantial and better than the picture on Q.

The circles one is item number 607041. The picture on Q makes it appear loke a solid chunky piece. It is by no means flimsy, but the picture on Q is taken at a clever angle. When I looked yesterday it was showing as no longer available which was very odd as it was featured on my App as if it was new stock only a week ago!

I always worry that 'cladding' will wear off after a while so I'd go for the circle pendant as the wear will be less obvious than on the yellow gold plated heart... particularly as this is something for a special birthday so it will be a keepsake.

Happy birthday.

Happy 40th birthday :mysmilie_858:

Personally I like both of them they're both so different, are you intending to wear it occasionally or all the time? The Epiphany looks more of an evening piece where as I could see someone wearing the three hearts more often and the three colours means it would go with any other metals. I noticed the round one is in last clicks and once it's gone it's not likely to come back into stock so this may be your last chance to buy it.

I'm with Vienna if you can afford it treat yourself and keep both, but if I had to choose it would be the Epiphany!

i love mt eek pieces speially the earrings and pendants some i have had from the begining happy birthday by the way try and cadge both lol

Happy 40th birthday :mysmilie_858:

Personally I like both of them they're both so different, are you intending to wear it occasionally or all the time? The Epiphany looks more of an evening piece where as I could see someone wearing the three hearts more often and the three colours means it would go with any other metals. I noticed the round one is in last clicks and once it's gone it's not likely to come back into stock so this may be your last chance to buy it.

I'm with Vienna if you can afford it treat yourself and keep both, but if I had to choose it would be the Epiphany!

Thanks forthe heads up Diamond Diva- Q have just refunded the difference as I paid full price and it only arrived yesterday!
To answer your question I will probably wear it once a week as although I don't have a lot of jewelery, what I do have I like to wear rather than have it just sitting there, and pendants are like my signature as I always wear one. My children play with my pendants when they are having a cuddle and if I don't have one on they look puzzled and try to ask where it is but they are too young to know the word pendant!

Last edited:
Glad to have been of assistance Weathergirl, has the refund and that the circle pendant is now in last clicks helped you make your mind up?

If you can afford to I'd keep both if you like them so much that you cant decide.
I tend to buy things I really like when I see it and then put it back in my cupboard above the bed until the next birthday ,anniversary or christmas present time comes around and I have a present ready for hubby to give me that way I always get a present I really like from him and he's happy he dos'nt have to go off and try and find something himself for me so a win win situation .
If money is tight and you cant afford both I like the hearts one personally, Good luck in what ever you chose

Happy Birthday Weathergirl . I think I prefer the hearts one although QVC photos doesn’t do any justice to either one.

The partial refund has certainly helped yes! I may keep both now and although the money was in the bank rather than on a credit card I still hesitate before buying jewellery for myself since the children were born. If I do buy it tends to be from last clicks I have not paid full price for jewelery from Q for years.

I have also replaced the chains on both and they look loads better. A silver Tiffany chain on the heart one and a different epiphany chain off an Ascher (sp) cut solitaire pendant I got for 11 quid in last clicks about a year ago.

First things first....best wishes and many happy returns for your special birthday.

Both choices are very nice. I like them both but the heart pendant is more unusual, like a tri-colour variation on the Russian wedding ring theme? It would look very smart for day or evening and looks quite robust....bit of a necessity with young kiddies around. :happy:

Now if someone said to you 'is there anything you'd like for your birthday'........well, problem solved - keep both! :tongue:

Latest posts

Back