Polti TSV 21/08/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It annoys me with these kind of irons, that Q very rarely mention that you do really need a 'mesh' ironing board for them to work properly.

It annoys me with these kind of irons, that Q very rarely mention that you do really need a 'mesh' ironing board for them to work properly.

As with the recent Acer tsv, the presenters are selective with the information they give us. Obviously, they don't want to deter us from buying a product but this is, imo, counter productive, as misinformation results in returns.

What a shame it's one of the very few they do without continuous refill. When the tank runs out of water, you have to wait for the unit to lose all its pressure before you can refill - very inconvenient if you have a lot of ironing to do.

If it was cheaper on Got to have It day, and it is more expensive as a tsv, is it a superior model? The price is a bit unfair if it is the same iron. And £7.95 postage is way over the top. I know it will be a heavy item to send, but when is the Q going to realise that a reduction in postage charges will go a long way toward encouraging people to buy, who else would be deterred by exorbitant delivery costs.
I thought I recognised the lady on with the Polti, Katie, and Jilly has just remarked that she brings lots of things onto QVC, but I can't remember what. Can anyone fill me in?

Did think of ordering this iron myself, had a quick look, no reviews, only 3 questions, all of which were answered asking why there were no reviews posted previously and that when first used they had ruined shirts etc by rusty water belching out, so returned...

I bought a Polti Floor Cleaner from the IW when they were on there and admit it's stuck in the cupboard because after every shot of steam, it dribbled everywhere, but thought the iron looked quite good with the ergonomic handle, but after reading the questions and answers, not so sure now, so may give it a miss.

If it was cheaper on Got to have It day, and it is more expensive as a tsv, is it a superior model? The price is a bit unfair if it is the same iron. And £7.95 postage is way over the top. I know it will be a heavy item to send, but when is the Q going to realise that a reduction in postage charges will go a long way toward encouraging people to buy, who else would be deterred by exorbitant delivery costs.
I thought I recognised the lady on with the Polti, Katie, and Jilly has just remarked that she brings lots of things onto QVC, but I can't remember what. Can anyone fill me in?

this is excatly the same price as it was on got to have it day just with the added bonus of 3 easy pays

I have a polti, bought from QVC about 18 years ago. I was expensive at the time at over £250 but my kids were little and it's paid for itself several times over, dealing with spills etc. We also had a lava lamp explode and it got red wax and oil out of the carpet and off an arm chair. I have the iron attachment which is uber, but I use a steam press now because I can't stand to iron anymore. The iron has no real parts to go wrong as it just channels the steam from the main machine rather than heating a sole plate. Polti's customer service was excellent; for a fixed fee they will collect, fix and return it with no added costs regardless of the fault or parts replaced (not sure whether this still happens).

Mr Akimbo always "Polties" his car before selling it and the interior looks like new.

I'm not sure I'd buy a steam generator iron, living in a v hard water area, irons and kettles don't seem to last very long even with regular descaling.

Latest posts

Back