H2O X5 5-in-1 Steam Mop & Handheld Steamer TSV 30/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My Mammy had one of the older models and said it was rubbish, the handle bent every time she put a bit of pressure on it. Mammy was not impreesed and sent it back pronto.
(Just been watching 50 ways to kill Mammy, usually call her Mum)

I had one years ago, it lasted four weeks then packed in so they replaced it, then that one was better it lasted two months, so they replaced it, the handles snapped on the third so I got a refund. I had to ring them up as well because Phill Parker kept saying you can put the water in while it's still on and it clearly stated in the instructions that you most definitely can't, he kept saying it for a while after but I know I done my part, don't know if he still says it because I rarely watch now. Makes me laugh when they say how many have sold, but not how may were returned.

I recently saw the guy do a presentation of another version of this, or at least on a different number, and it looked fantastic. Fortunately I decided to check the reviews which were terrible! Numerous one stars saying it was a,rubbish purchase. I saved my money....

How they can get away with the demos of this product I do not know, it mustn't meet the advertising standards agency standards as they use gravy browning etc to mimic burnt food stains on cookers and hobs. Ridiculous. And the reviews are abysmal. Anyone who owns a steam mop (me) knows you don't just gently glide it over a surface that dirty in one sweep to clean it! (get a Shark, they're much better than the h2o).

I enjoy the UV light demo, where Phil Parker takes a light, having dramatically called for dimming of the studio lights, and illumines the bacteria left on the floor after cleaning with a normal mop. It glows blue. Very CSI, it's like searching a murderer's house with luminol to illuminate blood spatters in a blue glow.

Only one problem, Phil. The UV only shows up moisture. Your tank of water in the H2O shows up solid blue. By your demo, you would be showing that your clean water tank was a heaving bacterial soup.

Sympathies, Madmax. Horrible pressure to be under for you, but I hope you get lots of interest and a buyer very, very soon, things do seem to be picking up out there selling-wise. Good luck with everything.

I have had one of those spin mops in the past and it worked well until the spin mechanism in the bucket failed so maybe I will have a look on Ebay and see if I can pick up a cheap one, as every penny counts right now, I really need to get my house sold before the building society send in the bailiffs. And apparently a clean kitchen floor is an ESSENTIAL.

Thanks for all of your good wishes,
It has taken over my life and is the reason I haven't been around as much as in the past, but I have done all I can now and it is in the hands of God as to when I find a "good" buyer.
I have had a couple of silly offers from people who haven't even got their property on the market yet.

good luck mad max

Thanks for all of your good wishes,
It has taken over my life and is the reason I haven't been around as much as in the past, but I have done all I can now and it is in the hands of God as to when I find a "good" buyer.
I have had a couple of silly offers from people who haven't even got their property on the market yet.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, my sincere apologies for what you're going through right now, genuinely hope everything works out for you.

How they can get away with the demos of this product I do not know, it mustn't meet the advertising standards agency standards as they use gravy browning etc to mimic burnt food stains on cookers and hobs. Ridiculous. And the reviews are abysmal. Anyone who owns a steam mop (me) knows you don't just gently glide it over a surface that dirty in one sweep to clean it! (get a Shark, they're much better than the h2o).

I agree, you can blatantly see that it's gravy they use as dirt, I too don't know how they get away with the deceit.

Good luck to you, Madmax, it's not a brilliant position to be in.

I've just been watching The Lunchtime Show (I know!) and this H2o guy is doing my nut in. Forever sticking his oar in everything. Pipe down, lad!

I've got the show on at present (on mute, as I've no desire to hear Phil Parker's dulcet tones). Micéal must be in 7th heaven... finally he's on with a guest who makes him look tall!!

H2O seems to have descended into a parallel universe where the colour is the selling point rather than the effectiveness of the product.

It's telling that there are no earlier item numbers up there so you can compare reviews... and the TSV already has a single, one-star review to its name!

Oh - and disingenous! They just flashed up the Good Housekeeping Institute logo. Shame they don't point out that H2O is rated by them as a good hand-held steamer, not a floor steamer. Phil currently gallantly tackling the baked on goo on the oven which definitely has the appearance of gravy browning.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back