H2O X5 5-in-1 Steam Mop & Handheld Steamer TSV 30/09/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Save your money if what you really want is a steam mop with added extras - this is too flimsy and awkward to use. It is however great as a handheld steamer for every other job and I love mine. Just wish it had a more robust handle that didn't feel like it was about to snap when trying to push the mop around.

Don't believe the twaddle he spouts either about it being dry to touch after steaming, I have to go over my kitchen floor afterwards with a dry mop head as it's so wet. I also agree about it needing a more robust handle too!

I've only used mine about half a dozen times & the on/off button has now jammed in the on position. Unfortunately purchased it some time ago so can't return even under guarantee.

I have just had to put my house on the market after months of deliberation and soul searching and need to be able to keep the floors clean in case of impromptu viewings.
So I desperately need a new steamer as mine gave up the will to steam after cleaning up after my 3 dogs last winter.
I had the original H2O when it very first aired on Q. my last one was a generic one from the DHS and only lasted over the winter.
So do I go for another H2O and make use of Q's guarantee ? Or do I trawl the interweb to try and find something longer lasting ?

Steam mops only push the dirt around the floor. You are better off buying a real mop unless you want the handheld steamer function as well. Various friends have proved the point by steam cleaning the floor then wiping it with a cloth afterwards. The cloth will be very dirty

I have the original Shark steam cleaner, which I bought years ago from QVC and it's still going strong.
However, I always use detergent in addition to the steam, usually I spray diluted detergent on the floor from a trigger spray and clean it off with the sharky, then I change the cloths and go over it all again with just the steam.
If I just need to clean up a quick spill, I'll sprinkle detergent on one side of the cloth, then flip over and use the other side for the second pass. I'd not feel things were properly clean without using some detergent, although that's supposed to be the big draw of steam cleaners.

I have just had to put my house on the market after months of deliberation and soul searching and need to be able to keep the floors clean in case of impromptu viewings.
So I desperately need a new steamer as mine gave up the will to steam after cleaning up after my 3 dogs last winter.
I had the original H2O when it very first aired on Q. my last one was a generic one from the DHS and only lasted over the winter.
So do I go for another H2O and make use of Q's guarantee ? Or do I trawl the interweb to try and find something longer lasting ?

I gave up on using the H2O after a few times because of all the faff. The best thing I found for a quick clean of floors is one of those large head things on a pole which have a microfibre head attached. If you add some cleansing floor cleaning liquid from any supermarket, rather than just water, it gives a pleasant smell to your kitchen as well. Lakeland do these mops, and you have a more than 12 month guarantee if you don't like it.

I have the original Shark steam cleaner, which I bought years ago from QVC and it's still going strong.
However, I always use detergent in addition to the steam, usually I spray diluted detergent on the floor from a trigger spray and clean it off with the sharky, then I change the cloths and go over it all again with just the steam.
If I just need to clean up a quick spill, I'll sprinkle detergent on one side of the cloth, then flip over and use the other side for the second pass. I'd not feel things were properly clean without using some detergent, although that's supposed to be the big draw of steam cleaners.

I tend to do that as well, - use a drop of floor cleaner. I also tend to change the cloth heads 2 or 3 times on my kitchen/diner floor. I had a tiled floor laid when they first became fashionable - about 20 years ago, so when I first used the steamer I had an attack of the vapour's (pun !) when I saw the colour of the cloths - THEN I realised it was the grey grouting colour that was making the cloths look filthy. I still use it because its easy, and I can't be doing with bucket and mop anymore.

i have a shark. i dont love it but its ok. after a while the velcro fails so i have some nappy pins to hold the cloth on. i think a good mocrofibre mop is faster with some kitchen cleaner. cheaper,faster and more thorough

I have had one of those spin mops in the past and it worked well until the spin mechanism in the bucket failed so maybe I will have a look on Ebay and see if I can pick up a cheap one, as every penny counts right now, I really need to get my house sold before the building society send in the bailiffs. And apparently a clean kitchen floor is an ESSENTIAL.

I have had one of those spin mops in the past and it worked well until the spin mechanism in the bucket failed so maybe I will have a look on Ebay and see if I can pick up a cheap one, as every penny counts right now, I really need to get my house sold before the building society send in the bailiffs. And apparently a clean kitchen floor is an ESSENTIAL.

Hope you get what you need done Madmax - I can't imagine how much stress you're under right now, but you have my sympathy.

Awww i hope your ok and get things sorted asap :) x

Thanks for all of your good wishes,
It has taken over my life and is the reason I haven't been around as much as in the past, but I have done all I can now and it is in the hands of God as to when I find a "good" buyer.
I have had a couple of silly offers from people who haven't even got their property on the market yet.

Sorry madmax I can't imagine what it's like it's something I think you probably never think will happen to you, then when it does you're not sure how you deal with it. Good luck..

As for steam mops my parents have the x5 and hate it!! My dad got it but mum mostly uses it and she says it's so poorly made it just wobbles. I've been wanting to get one so she took a photo of a which magazine trial for me from the dentists!! The x5 gets okay reviews IF you're definitely wanting a handheld as well as a main one BUT bad as a general steam mop...
Will look up the chart and report back if I can ;)

Am I allowed to paste in the table (it's a photo of the page) on here?? Not sure I am!

Top mop inc price is an Adobe ADSM4001
The two and three slots are Vax pet fresh and vax s35

The x5 gets placed 3 out of 3 for 2-in-1 mops and 61% rating overall and one of the priciest...
Hope that helps someone!

Latest posts

Back