Postage & Packing costs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought 6 slankets the other week.It cost me £22.26 in postage.(more than the cost of another slanket)I doubled up on colours to save a bit on p&p.If I could have got these anywhere else I would have.They should do a capped p&p.Even Ideal world manages to do this.My stupid fault I know for paying it.:angry::angry::angry:

I know we have a pop at IW here but there are much better at P&P than QVC. You can buy one of everything in a show for £6.99 or thereabouts - I know they cap it. If they can do this why can't QVC? I don't mind having to pay some P&P ultimately but a huge charge on every item is stupid. Even if they offered bundled incentives it would help - for eg buy a kim and co top and trouser (sic!) together and get P&P free on the trouser. Also, one item on their Flexipay in your basket means you can have it on everything you order with it. And it lasts all day, not just for the stupid hour it's shown in! Come on QVC, we know you can do better. How about considering customers and not just shareholders? :) Or can you not be seen to have egg on your corporate face and stand down over this issue? Get customer friendly as you say you are. So many of us here are put off buying - think of all those non-forumites doing the same!

I totally agree with everything that has been said & am fed up as well with the extortionate P&P charges. It has made me order far less than I used to from them.
Particularly when you have to pay double for ordering two of the same items but just in a different colour or size.

The trouble is they aren't going to do anything about it until it seriously affects sales & I think there must be so many people still ordering by phone or Q-cut, who don't seem to realise other online suppliers lower postage rates, that sales aren't affected much by it.

Phoned up today about my missing item (despatched on 28th and still not arrived) and was told, after they checked their tracking system that it was "at Hermes sorting office".

QVC have no idea why and they can't do anything about getting the item to me.

So now I have to wait for a missing item declaration form, fill that in and claim the cost of the item back. AND it was a last clicks item so it looks like I'll miss out.

Not impressed!

reviving this thread as when I was watching today I swear that all the p and p was over the three quid mark for even the lightest teenyest (not sure that is a real word) item and nudging £7 for other stuff. It is a shocking rip off, but of course while they are having sell outs they will keep doing it. It has put me right off shopping with them as it is looking like blatent thieving.

Was watching the presentation of the Kipling folio whilst reading the most recent post in the thread.
As I had the RM web site open thought I do a bit of research.
Think the cost of postage for the bag was £4.45 and according to RM you can post a parcel 1st class weighing 1.2 kgs for £4.50.

:angry:

some suggestions for qvc re:postage costs

i hate paying postage but i was thinking .qvc sells huge volumes of stuff everyday so maybe they cannot absorb the postage costs. they have a vast warehouse which has to be staffed/heated/maintained in liverpool.the call centre is staffed by british people not in dehli. as julia roberts has said the staff have to pick the items,items have to be packed packaging is not cheap.we also have free phone calls for buying and customer services.

i like the fact tbh that we are supporting jobs in britain in the troubled times we live in this is a good thing.

i think if anything what would be an improvement is the delivery times. they should warrant the high costs that qvc customers pay for p&p. we should get items within 2 days not my average of a week or more. also there should be a better rate for small items of cheaper jewellery of say £2.45 or even £1.95.

if you order multiples of the same thing in anather size or colour as long as its going to the same address there should be a better rate.:sweat:

What Miss Roberts didn't mention is that a lot of the QVC suppliers provide and ship the actual boxes containing their products that are then posted on to the customer.

:sad:

Last edited:
just a suggestion. i do factor in the postage costs when i buy.

ideal world does do good deals on p&p but my sister waited a month for it to arrive. she got it 5 weeks after ordering only after several phone calls on a 0870 number staffed by someone in india who neede lots of info and chatting to solve the problem.

i would never shop with ideal world after hearing that.
qvc do provide excellent customer service. they are not perfect but no company really is.

But... if Amazon can do it (i.e. cheap or free postage AND excellent CS) then there is no excuse for QVC not to provide the same also IMO. There really is no getting away from the fact that their P&P charges are a genuine rip-off and no matter what propoganda they come out with, 99% of people wont be taken in by it! No offence intended boffy! :nod:

Rich

Last edited:
no offence taken stumpybloke (fun name) and i buy oodles from amazon and other online shops and clap my hands when i have saved on postage . i suppose i was comparing them to other shopping channels more than anything.

the chances are if you look elsewhere you will get a better deal more often than not from anather source.

like others have said you vote with your feet. i buy only when i cannot get something other than from qvc but that is rare.:sweat:

no offence taken stumpybloke (fun name) and i buy oodles from amazon and other online shops and clap my hands when i have saved on postage . i suppose i was comparing them to other shopping channels more than anything.

the chances are if you look elsewhere you will get a better deal more often than not from anather source.

like others have said you vote with your feet. i buy only when i cannot get something other than from qvc but that is rare.:sweat:

I suppose it depends where you live ----in the country or no large town to shop in.There is now only LG makeup which I can't get within a short distance from where I live.Out of town shopping usually has free parking & if I hit town being a pensioner I use my bus pass!So can use the P&P costs to buy something else!

irony is a funny thing. julia has just said that the bag can easily be put in a jiffy bag as it is so light therefore saving on p&p costs.
qvc p&p: £3.95
my cost: £1.30

never mind!!!!:doh:

Latest posts

Back