Practical Ideas TSV 30/08/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'll do a search, thanks

Done - - - have they spelt the 2nd word correctly?

Groov-e Ares Wireless Charging Desk Lamp with Alarm Clock
Think so? Do you mean Ares?
Yes that is the model name and is the same on Amazon and elsewhere...
Would look better as Aries I guess!

Another is called Apollo and one is Artemis...

They’re obviously higher price point than Auraglow - different altogether really - but look good quality and interesting tech...

The online presentation has remained the same since midnight, but it is different to 9pm yesterday.

When a TSV is on during the day in the various shows, do they just play the recording, or is it live each time?

Asking for a friend who never watches live QVC.
I’m no expert but as far as I’m aware, the midnight TSV presentation is the one they use for the online video not the 9pm from the previous night...

And then during the day each TSV presentation is generally live...

HTH

They’re obviously higher price point than Auraglow - different altogether really - but look good quality and interesting tech...
Just checked: Ares Greek god of war - other model names obviously Greek god/goddesses too...

I thought they may have interchanged the s and the e :)

I asked on Q's website whether they could be charged whilst switched on, but today's presentation answered this as DF said that they could. She also said they were exclusive to Q :(

Therefore anything with a USB outlet could be used to charge them. I intend to use one to light my keyboard and have it permanently plugged in to a PC USB socket, so it will always be charged, and I can also use it as a torch.

Will probably give one to OH to clip onto her bed headboard as she often reads in bed.

It would be better if the wall brackets were screw-on, not just stick-on, as I don't trust glue. And if it really does stick on well, you won't be able to move it.
I’m sure if you ring 0800514131 customer service on the day of a TSV to ask a question about the TSV. I’m sure they will get an answer for you or if not able to answer will provide a time of when the item will next be shown. Posing the question to be addressed during that presentation. That certainly has been the case for me in the past.

I’m sure if you ring 0800514131 customer service on the day of a TSV to ask a question about the TSV. I’m sure they will get an answer for you or if not able to answer will provide a time of when the item will next be shown. Posing the question to be addressed during that presentation. That certainly has been the case for me in the past.
I've tried that and asked if they could pass my question onto the studio to answer on air.

CS said they would, but it was never mentioned on air, so another sale lost.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but for any sort of gadget there is ALWAYS basic information missing in the description that most people would need, but superfluous info that is not really relevant to a purchase.

I've tried that and asked if they could pass my question onto the studio to answer on air.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but for any sort of gadget there is ALWAYS basic information missing in the description that most people would need, but superfluous info that is not really relevant to a purchase.
I recently had a problem with an item description which didn’t fit with the picture of the item collection. I rang to question which was correct and guy at first thought by not understanding what I was asking could quickly dispense me. But I continued saying that didn’t make sense. Looking again he understood my concern and left me on hold to pose the question. Apparently the person he posed my question to had also been asked about the item. They came to the answer eventually that the picture on the web site was incorrect but that couldn’t be addressed immediately. So they would be more than likely rung and asked the same question by others until the picture was revised.

YES! Sometimes they add it later after a few people have evidently asked the same question...

Not exactly a gadget but been looking at safemore extension towers and most of them didn’t even have length of cable listed - or mentioned on air!

That info has been added or mentioned mostly now but really!

At least on amazon you can ask other buyers and although you often get some nonsense back you get quick response and usually get to the truth!

With some items (especially electrical or technical ones) the presenter and/or guest just skirt round the item’s details. The information that they give is minimal and they’re often too busy telling us how many of the gadgets they have in their own house or showing us photos that they’ve taken. Very useful if you want to know how something works. 🙄

Mine arrived this morning.

Mixed feelings so far, but I'll wait until dark so I can properly judge its brightness before writing a review on Q. I don't think it will be bright enough for OH to read by if it is clipped onto her headboard, but I can't really judge now as the sun has just come out!

One review has said the magnet is not strong enough and if you try to adjust it, the light falls off the stand. I also thought this at first, then discovered you have to really push the lamp firmly onto the ball; then it is OK.

It does seem well made. But my SPERM lamp suits my PC keyboard better than this one (I'll call it the BALL lamp) as this one is a lot higher so less effective for lighting the keyboard.

Did anyone else on here get one?

Like this item no mention the strength of magnification

Latest posts

Back