Presenter shakeup?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Looking at the TV guide there appears to be something afoot.

I suppose it could be the scheduled presenters are wrong (highly likely); it's all part of a re-jig while Debbie Flint is in China; or something more significant is happening.

Jackie Kabler filled in when Jill Franks was ill for the Leighton Denny TSV launch, and even though she's always been breakfast or daytime, she's suddenly seemingly scheduled for several TSV launches.
Pipa Gordon never does TSV launches, but she's listed for two consecutive ones in April.
Jill Franks is down for Richard Jackson's Garden and KitchenAid TSVs. I know they got her to do Vitamix but I don't think I've ever seen her do a garden show.
Weirdest is Alison Young down for a TSV launch of Attitudes by Renee. Then I notice she's down for other non-beauty hours as well eg: Electronics on the go 18th April.

I think the only people I would be shocked to see doing a TSV launch would be Kathy Tayler or Simon Biagi, as they seem anchored to only doing mornings and daytime.

Could this be some kind of major shake-up?

Jill Franks said the other night it is t cover DF's shifts coz she is in China training them to sell sell sell Roders.

Looking at the TV guide there appears to be something afoot.

I suppose it could be the scheduled presenters are wrong (highly likely); it's all part of a re-jig while Debbie Flint is in China; or something more significant is happening.

Jackie Kabler filled in when Jill Franks was ill for the Leighton Denny TSV launch, and even though she's always been breakfast or daytime, she's suddenly seemingly scheduled for several TSV launches.
Pipa Gordon never does TSV launches, but she's listed for two consecutive ones in April.
Jill Franks is down for Richard Jackson's Garden and KitchenAid TSVs. I know they got her to do Vitamix but I don't think I've ever seen her do a garden show.
Weirdest is Alison Young down for a TSV launch of Attitudes by Renee. Then I notice she's down for other non-beauty hours as well eg: Electronics on the go 18th April.

I think the only people I would be shocked to see doing a TSV launch would be Kathy Tayler or Simon Biagi, as they seem anchored to only doing mornings and daytime.

Could this be some kind of major shake-up?

Pipa is launching Kipling TSV tonight

As for AY doing non beauty shows, I suspect it is meant to say Alison Keenan

Be interesting to see if the changes continue after Debbie returns from China. After all, Sara Griffiths was only supposed to be back to cover Pipa's sabbatical and yet she's been permanently added to the presenter roster.
I think Ali Keenan would make more sense... something else that's not well executed on the website ...:doh:

There's a rejig of the daytime hours from April onwards with a lunchtime show - maybe like the Morning show format; less formal and with a selection of product. Oh they could call it a "QVC Selection"!!! :mysmilie_59:

Since the rest of them have to cover everything going, there must be something in Alison Young's contract that stipulates beauty only, so I agree with Sazza that it must mean Alison Keenan. It would be interesting, though, if it wasn't. It shows what a gap DBF's slow boat to China must have left and how they seem to rely on her because like her or loathe her, she must over-achieve sales targets all the time. Maybe the Chinese are in for a practical course in the traditional British custom of polite finger-pointing.

I do the odd survey for QVC(never won the voucher prize though), and recently a few have asked about formal or informal types of shows we would like to see. Mainly fashion or household products.

I would think Charlie is down for all the food shows, not many can shovel food in like Charlie, and Craig will down for when ass licking is required....lol

I've seen Alison Young stand in for absentee presenters on an occasional jewellery hour many years ago. She was as good as the rest of them and easier to watch than some of the actual literal presenters.

Does anyone the producer/director called George with dark brown har who used to fill in when there were no presenters available, she was very calm and didn't fall into all the usual presenter bad habits or talking over people and relying on cliches - mind you that was probably true of many presenters back then. I think she left QVC to work elsewhere. This was back in the day when Pipa was the stand-in guest for BluBlockers sunglasses when the American guy wasn't in town, and Jill Franks fronted all things oral.

Good times...or am I seeing it through rose-tinted specs?

Erm, I cant remember any re-jigging when Ali K was off for months due to her illness, or when Chloe was also off sick. So just exactly what makes DF so special that re-arranging schedules is necessary ????

l remember on here that Julia R was regarded as THE queen bee of presenters, but she has now been usurped by DF

If they want to replace DBF's sales targets then there is no point in putting some "nice" like Kathy T on as it needs a hard nose ***** to entice the vunerable to buy 4 of everything when then dont even need one of the bleeding things.

I can imagine AY being good on a jewellery show. She has popped in on some of the diamonique shows which featured her ring designs.

I think, like her or not, a selling channel needs the Debbie Flints of this world. They are the ones that enable the channel to also have the gentler souls who don't practically drag your credit card out of your wallet and dial for you. Personally, when confronted by hard sell in any situation I try to avoid, as politely as I can.
A sales pitch which is a conversation in which the sales person listens to you and matches your stated needs to the right products, not simply the product on promotion is more likely to get me to spend.

One thing I do like about AY is that she will say if your skin concerns are xxx this product is not for you (and usually she's clever enough to recommend something else in the show, which probably keeps her on the right side of the producer/director for the show).

Maybe they should do another search for a star like they did to find Craig? It would be interesting to see what us viewers pick. I wonder how many of the existing presenters would have made it through?

It's very interesting to think that there wasn't such an upheaval when Ali K was off for months at a time.

I can imagine AY being good on a jewellery show. She has popped in on some of the diamonique shows which featured her ring designs.

I think, like her or not, a selling channel needs the Debbie Flints of this world. They are the ones that enable the channel to also have the gentler souls who don't practically drag your credit card out of your wallet and dial for you. Personally, when confronted by hard sell in any situation I try to avoid, as politely as I can.
A sales pitch which is a conversation in which the sales person listens to you and matches your stated needs to the right products, not simply the product on promotion is more likely to get me to spend.

One thing I do like about AY is that she will say if your skin concerns are xxx this product is not for you (and usually she's clever enough to recommend something else in the show, which probably keeps her on the right side of the producer/director for the show).

Maybe they should do another search for a star like they did to find Craig? It would be interesting to see what us viewers pick. I wonder how many of the existing presenters would have made it through?
It's very interesting to think that there wasn't such an upheaval when Ali K was off for months at a time.

That will never happen. Apart from anything else in this politically correct world, rather than it be left to chance by a voting audience, there will be pressure to go down the ethnic minority route, so that the correct target numbers are reached.

Well I don't understand how DF has muscled her way to the top of the class. She turns me right off and I reciprocate with the remote. She never pauses to draw breath and just comes across as totally insincere. The persona she projects seems completely out of character. She always sounds so innocently surprised and impressed that, for example, a jumper has two armholes so hurry up everyone and get in quick for one in every colour because who knows if such an opportunity will ever come again. Can't bear it.

Latest posts

Back