Problems with the Site

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's a shame Glinda because they are a great company imo. Why not email them and explain the problems you are having and I'm sure they would do their very best to sort it out for you. Talking of which, I should probably do the same!

Thank jacqualina, but i probably won't bother. A lady at work has brought a few items from rockstv and the quality was poor. That, coupled with the technical issues has put me off. Thank you for the suggestion though :1:

Thank jacqualina, but i probably won't bother. A lady at work has brought a few items from rockstv and the quality was poor. That, coupled with the technical issues has put me off. Thank you for the suggestion though :1:

I can honestly say anything I have purchased from Rockstv has been of top quality.

Hello everyone,

I'd like to look into this issue of slowness a little more with you, if we can.

Certainly, Rocks.tv is a very intensive website - in addition to the video stream, there are lots more little bits of information that change frequently than on most other sites.

If, for example, you have one window open with the live auction and another with the schedule, this will mean a lot more information going backwards and forwards as the schedule page updates a lot as well.

What I'd really like to try and get to the bottom of is exactly what the circumstances are when you experience slowness. For example:
- Do you have any other browser windows open, if so, what are they?
- Are you running any downloads at the time?
- Is it all the time, or just when we change the item in a lot?

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] and I'll continue to look in to it!

Kind regards

John

John, with me last night I had st.com open and rocks auction page.
I was on IE7 and had horrendous problems when I tried to place a bid, it looked like it was refreshing to place the bid for me then just went to a white screen for what seemed like ages so I opened mozilla firefox and got in that way but it was still very slow and the video kept freezing, then it went off (the video) and it asked me to download a flash player if I wanted to watch the video, it slowed st.com down as well as it was taking ages for anything to load/post and as soon as I logged out of rocks it speeded up immediately.
It seemed to happen at peak time (8 ish till I logged out about 10 ish).

It doesn't happen to me all the time though, just now and again, usually when a certain garnet bracelet is about to be auctioned :rolleyes: I call it sods law :D

Hi John

Just wanted to say I think your rocks are tops.

luv
Argey

I'm glad you love your jewellery, MrsM, Lady Darls and Argey! Glinda, don't forget - we have a no-nonsense approach to customer service so if you are not delighted with any items you can just send them back.

Lady Darls, next time you have a problem, would you mind going to www.speedtest.net for me please and doing a speed test? You'll be given a link to the results that you could email me.

Also, just so we can hone in on the cause a little more, can you switch the chat off next time and see if that makes any difference.

Kind regards

John

John I'm glad you mentioned chat as I was coming on here to moan about it.

I found the website very slow just a few mins ago. I was browsing the catalogue & switched chat off to try and speed it up a bit - but chat does not stay off!!!!!! ARGH. My arms were cringing while I was waiting as I was getting sooooo annoyed with it. In case u done know what I mean - I switched chat off, viewed the detail of an item and chat was back on. Oooooo I can feel my arms cringing just thinking about it. I then tried to look at the live auction & could see the lots, but no live tv bit, but as my arms had been cringing I gave up.

All I had open was outlook express (no messages were being received) and your site. Apologies - I'm not doing a speed test thingy now as I want to get off the pc - too much arm cringing :lol:

Latest posts

Back