Q & food offerings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to say I cannot understand why anyone would buy food from the TV.

My friend did order some sausages years back (I never got round to asking her why..............don't think I really wanna know!!!).

She said they were OK nothing special,wouldn't buy again.Apparently as it was a new range - QVC rang her and asked her opinion.Because of her comment,they refunded her the money.....................as TBH how would the 30 day MBG work,once you've decided to cook and eat them.......but actually,you'd really rather send them back?!

I agree the chicken looked undercooked on the midnight TSV - we will have to wait to see if Jilly comes down with a dicky stomach ! Lol

We always cook chicken or any form of poultry till it falls off the bone, like the other member said you just cannot take the risk.

No please don't. I have had Campylobacter poisoning twice through chicken not beng cooked properly. Trust me you do not want it. I thought I was going to die as felt so ill. The last lot put me in hospital with a drip up etc. It was awful. That came from a 4 star hotel in the Cotswolds :sweat:

I can't believe the irresponsibility of QVC over this. I have rung them today & told them so.

Talking of undercooked meat all those cookery shows on any tv channel show meat that's barely sealed yet alone cooked. I always cook all meat until it's cooked, no raw bits anywhere! My food poisoning story is undercooked fish. I was so I'll my gp called to give me an anti sickness jab.

Talking of undercooked meat all those cookery shows on any tv channel show meat that's barely sealed yet alone cooked. I always cook all meat until it's cooked, no raw bits anywhere! My food poisoning story is undercooked fish. I was so I'll my gp called to give me an anti sickness jab.

I love Masterchef but I don't know what "Chef Michel" would make of the meat he'd get in this house - he'd consider it vastly overdone! I don't like any blood on show thank you! I too have been ill after eating restaurant chicken ...it's virtually the only meat I eat and when I do mine the legs fall off as I lift it out of the roaster...no way it's going to cheep at me!

The chicken DID look undercooked. This was reinforced when Alison Young was eating it and said it seemed really much softer than "normal" chicken. Just made me think it wasn't cooked fully. TBH I prefer my chicken really dry. At least I know it's fully cooked.

The sausages also looked really pink in the middle last night. Eugh. Revolting.

If I'm going to spend that much on meat, i'd at least want to be free range organic. This stuff just looked like a load of average supermarket stuff, made out to be something special.

Have to say I groan out loud when I see them cutting beef/lamb and the blood runs out on these cookery progs. :puke:

I suppose it's because I was brought up to believe you got tapeworms from undercooked pork/sausages, and gawd knows what from undercooked/reheated chicken etc. :wonder:

I haven't seen anything in the food production industry that leads me to think anything has changed for the better to mean we can't be infected. If anything it's the other way around now that the emphasis is on numbers/profit as opposed to quality. :confused:

I too like to support our local shops - shame though that people haven't done the same with our major industries, which is why this country has sadly gone down the pan. Can you buy any cookware these days which hasn't been made in China/Far East in this country?
At least in the USA you can still buy USA manufactured goods.
Too many people like Jeremy Clarkson in this country too ready to slag off British made goods. :angry:

I still have my Kenwood Chef which I won in a competition aged 11 and it's going like a dream. Shame they were forced to take the business to the far east too. Funny how the price didn't come down though! :taphead:

Having a vomit phobia which has really affected my life, I'm totally paranoid about food being cooked properly. I watched the repeat this morning and that chicken looked pink to me. I'd like to bet Jilly H won't be seen for a while.

Undercooked chicken not good.Years ago I went for a meal in Covent Garden with a group of friends & only one didn't have the chicken.The next day we were all struck down I was slumped in a toilet & didn't care what happened to me.I am very particular at home although I prefer my steak pink in the middle.I have a friend who like it 'cremated' & will insist on eating steak in France!It usually has to go back.

Just watching the Real Pie Co show - the pies look revolting and very expensive. £42 for six "large" pies. They look large due to a hefty pastry lid and the meat pies look very dry and devoid of any gravy etc.

M&S make delicious fresh chilled not frozen pies at half the price.

Sausage rolls - 10 for £17. You can't beat Gregg's sausage rolls.

Yes you can beat Greggs sausage rolls-you can buy English ones! All Greggs are Danish.

If eating all that meat makes you look like that revolting man, count me out.

Why does he keep saying "in number". What the hell else could it mean?

Also he's driving me mad by keep saying "phenomenal". No it really isn't you irritating little man.

Ugh. All this talk about undercooked meats reminds me of that time my mother, grandmother and I ate at this restaurant in Cardiff. My grandmother (may she rest in peace) decided to have chicken salad and chips. She was given half a chicken. On the surface it looked fine, but when she cut into it, the meat was pink and ******. My mother (a nurse) played balls with the manager. Now my grandmother had a lot of problems with her health and didn't have a very strong immune system, so eating the chicken probably would have been the end of her. To be fair, they did replace the meal with one that been properly cooked straight away.
I've had food poisoning before from eating a tuna mayo roll from this bakery near where I live (this bakery has since shut down). Granted, it wasn't life threatening, but it was still horrible. Vomiting, diarrhoea and feeling like your whole digestive tract is on fire for about a week. Never again... :frown: I still eat tuna mayo now, but I'm very picky about how it's prepared. I guess it's one of those foods that you have to eat pretty much straight away or else.... :devil:

QVC Response

I have recieved a reply from QVC regarding the meat content of the sausages.
Here is their response.

Thank you for contacting QVC.
This pack contains 2 x 454g KR beef & horseradish sausage selection (16 sausages), 2 x 454g Wild Boar and Apple Sausages (16 sausages).
If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

I have e mailed them again saying they had misread my email and could they advise the meat content.
I am not holding out much hope but I will continue to ask until I get an answer. As far as I am concerned if they do not want to tell you something it is genearlly because they have something to hide.

now thats funny. when i buy sausages i always see on the packet what the meat content is. we have the qvc guest chatting about michelin stars et all but important info like what you are paying for is convieniently left out.
qvc used to be so good at information now is all hard sell with no real inforamtion given.

I remember my Aunt ended up in hospital in either 1988 or 1989 suffering from awful food poisoning when she was living with my Uncle in Blackpool. She'd bought a steak and kidney pie from the chippy , ate it and then (as my friend Malcolm puts it) it coming out of both ends was rushed to hospital. She was poorly for weeks then when she was finally discharged she came home to Birmingham and had to wear a mouth mask. God she freaked me out wearing it even though i was 10 or 11 at the time.

I loathe seeing the KR woman cooking as it always seems to be never properly cooked imo... Ugh it turns my stomach... x

I haven't watched the shows bar a few minutes but apart from not liking the prices i didn't like the look of sausages that were pink in the middle, the cook said don't worry it was the colour of the meat. Hmm and I don't like to make personal comments normally but the bloke from KR reminds me of a West country version of Rab C Nesbitt.

i just happen to have a couple of boned chicken thghs in the fridge. so i spread some tomato pesto in the middle. wrapped some smoked back bacon round it and a nice slice of chedder on top.season lightly and put in the oven 25-30 mins. serve with salad and some rice.

What is this modern obsession with undercooked meat? on Come dine with me on channel 4 everyone moans if they are served meat that is not swimming in blood,it turns my stomach just looking at it.

I have recieved a reply from QVC regarding the meat content of the sausages.
Here is their response.

Thank you for contacting QVC.
This pack contains 2 x 454g KR beef & horseradish sausage selection (16 sausages), 2 x 454g Wild Boar and Apple Sausages (16 sausages).
If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

I have e mailed them again saying they had misread my email and could they advise the meat content.
I am not holding out much hope but I will continue to ask until I get an answer. As far as I am concerned if they do not want to tell you something it is genearlly because they have something to hide.

Surely they have to declare the meat content by law!
E,mail them back and remind them of this fact.

Latest posts

Back