QTechnology

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

Good morning everyone! Apologies for starting with a moan, but I needed to vent a little about this and see if I was alone in my thinking. Last night, out of boredom, I decided to have a hunt through the listings and ended up checking out what is on over the weekend. Not including repeat hours, from Friday night through until Sunday, both with TSVs, there are 16 hours of this QTechnology show. I appreciate some are going to enjoy bits of this, but 16 hours? Ugh. Are they just short of ideas or what? Let's face it, we all know it's going to be cameras, sat nav and big tellies. Maybe with some sort of recording device thrown in for good measure.

I'm not totally house bound, but very limited in what I can get out and do and, for me and others, I'm sure, QVC used to be like visiting a shopping mall. I'd get to see lots of different types of products from different brands, even if I couldn't afford or didn't particularly want them. I wouldn't go to a mall and spend all day in one shop and yet this is what is happening to QVC again. Some of the programmes they are showing are three hours long. As someone mentioned yesterday, there are plenty of people who are living in rural areas and don't have easy access to high street shops. QVC seem to forget about them sometimes. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want a big flat TV, sure, but don't leave the rest of us out in the cold please QVC. I hope it bombs so they won't be tempted to do it again. We want variety. This is a shopping channel, not ElectronicsDirect or something.

I'll put my soap box away now :)

Last edited:
I agree. I don't always think the "themed" weekends are a good idea. I like the beauty shows but having hours of them in one go is boring and I tend to miss some of them as I don't want to be stuck in front of the telly all day. Variety is definitely spice of life :grin:

I agree. I don't always think the "themed" weekends are a good idea. I like the beauty shows but having hours of them in one go is boring and I tend to miss some of them as I don't want to be stuck in front of the telly all day. Variety is definitely spice of life :grin:

We have had overkill of NN as well :angry:

I'm with you Pollybelle, I would love the thought of 16 hours of technology much as others may like their jewellery or clothing but if I had a budget and it got spent in the first hour the other 15 hours would be pointless. Nor would I wait til the end THEN make my decision.

That is presuming that it was 16 hours of varied stuff I had never seen before and I couldn't get it quicker and cheaper from somewhere else.

These marathons make no sense. It turns QVC into Ideal World...

(mum writes)

Good morning everyone! Apologies for starting with a moan, but I needed to vent a little about this and see if I was alone in my thinking. Last night, out of boredom, I decided to have a hunt through the listings and ended up checking out what is on over the weekend. Not including repeat hours, from Friday night through until Sunday, both with TSVs, there are 16 hours of this QTechnology show. I appreciate some are going to enjoy bits of this, but 16 hours? Ugh. Are they just short of ideas or what? Let's face it, we all know it's going to be cameras, sat nav and big tellies. Maybe with some sort of recording device thrown in for good measure.

I'm not totally house bound, but very limited in what I can get out and do and, for me and others, I'm sure, QVC used to be like visiting a shopping mall. I'd get to see lots of different types of products from different brands, even if I couldn't afford or didn't particularly want them. I wouldn't go to a mall and spend all day in one shop and yet this is what is happening to QVC again. Some of the programmes they are showing are three hours long. As someone mentioned yesterday, there are plenty of people who are living in rural areas and don't have easy access to high street shops. QVC seem to forget about them sometimes. I'm sure there are plenty of people who want a big flat TV, sure, but don't leave the rest of us out in the cold please QVC. I hope it bombs so they won't be tempted to do it again. We want variety. This is a shopping channel, not ElectronicsDirect or something.

I'll put my soap box away now :)

Well now you know how it feels if you are male,you get use to all that female crap thats on morning noon tonight there is very little on this channel for men even at xmas it's the same so if your a house bound male with QVC it's tuff cheddar nothing for you.

Not a great lover of technology (or anything else) for hours on end either. However, I have gone mad and ordered the Fuji camera. Been looking to upgrade for a while,and while I know I can get this camera elsewhere a lot cheaper, have convinced myself that the bits and bobs it comes with, together with the 30 day MBG make it worth a try.

Not a great lover of technology (or anything else) for hours on end either. However, I have gone mad and ordered the Fuji camera. Been looking to upgrade for a while,and while I know I can get this camera elsewhere a lot cheaper, have convinced myself that the bits and bobs it comes with, together with the 30 day MBG make it worth a try.

me too...even beauty days and silver days, you just can't sit still and watch the whole day thru even if you want to, which tbh I don't, I'd spend far too much! A 2 hour show is fine but that's about all I can manage. Good luck with the camera anyway MA..hope you enjoy and don't end up returning it!

while I understand what you mean about overkill,surely nobody spends the whole day watching QVC anyway,do they???? I mean there are other channels to watch,other things to do so why would you watch 16 hours on 1 channel.I pick and choose the programmes I want to watch or record if they clash with something else,so "themed" days don't bother me.To be fair as well there are lots of beauty and "fashion" programmes for us ladies so the techy ones for the men should get a look in too.

I'm a girlie and I'd much rather a couple of days of techie stuff (bring back LJ, not seen her in yonks) than hours on end of Alison young screeching on or obsessive-compulsive down-plumping NN hours.
I don't think technological hours ought to be stereotyped into "male" and "female", that's a bit sexist :wink:

Are cleaning hours and cooking hours just for women? I hope not...or we'll be back to 1952 before we know it :grin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back