Qvc addiction over!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 3549

Guest Shopper
Something dramatic has happened to me- I have broken the qvc addiction!

To date I have made 1 purchase from qvc this year that was only because it was cheaper than on the high street. However, there has been no tsv purchase, no random purchases I never knew I needed.

Basically I have just fell back in love with the high street and utilised you tube to see what the beauty bloggers are raving about (the ones who don't get stuff for free). I have found some great products and also got great make up application techniques. I still have a stock pile of my liz Earle, elemis skin are and enough toiletries from Christmas so I'm not going without, just not buying any more! Consequently with the money saved I can enjoy trips to the high greet and get stuff there and then

I reckon qvc must loose quite a few of us who have been with them a while. I am basically bored with them. Once we used to look forward to tsv's, now there is nothing on the channel that excites me. I rarely watch anymore- it's great!

Ditto MissKat! At one time I was definitely addicted and not a week passed without me ordering (mind you I was working & earning then!) - but now I've definitely slowed down...I ordered three items from SBC when it was P & P free, and I ordered my ABC skinwash, which is a regular repeat purchase, but often I go days at a time without watching, or even checking to see what's on, so I think I'm cured! Deffo life after QVC!

Ditto for me too. I rarely watch now, whereas a couple of years ago I would watch nothing else. I have ordered the recent Liz Earle TSV and that is all. The prices seem to have rocketed and I find that there is nothing now to tempt me. I do think that the presenters brain-wash you into thinking that you need a particular item. My bank account is looking a lot healthier!

Same for me. I am not working now and when I think of just how much I have wasted over the years on beauty product I could kick myself. I have 3 outstanding easy pays left from last year but other than that no spends this year. I may be tempted with Emma Hardie or Elemis TSV's though.

I'm long how much I'm saving and using it to a) save and b) actually buy real things in boots, mac make up, paperchase............

Only problem is I don't visit forum as much as keep forgetting qvc exists. Have been checking in a few times deliberately though to see whats happening as miss the forum!

The boyfriend tells me that he read an article in today's Telegraph about a woman who stole £135,000 from her company and spent in on QVC. Apparently the house was full of perfume, makeup, jewellry........
I think I'd be bored before I'd spent that. I can only cope with so many polyester dresses.

I got cured when QVC sent me a print out of all my purchases when I rang up to ask what the item number was of a product I wanted to re-order. The 5 figure sum stopped me in my tracks :eek: (as I'd only been a customer for 3 years at that time.)

I now only re-order things that I've bought from QVC before and liked and can't get elsewhere, and I either 'hit' the High Street or I order from the secondary market because I can get things I've bought from QVC cheaper there.

In my defence though :wink: ........ I've only sent four items back to QVC, and my only non-repeat order was the recent TSV slow cooker.

I'm still a recovering QVC-holic and succumed to the recent Gtech TSV.

I've just received a multi-page list of all my purchases since 2004.

When I get chance I'll use some of these items to continue my thread about the tat I've been sucked into buying.

I was about to start a thread on this very subject, I have not bought anything from them for 3 months now which is a record for me. My reasons are as follows:

1. I only work part time as my health is not brilliant so have about a third of the salary I was used to

2. The p and p is a total and utter rip off and I have found that adding it on to the cost of any item that does catch my eye acts a total wake up call and puts me right off ordering.

3. I have enough jewellery and make up to open my own shop and do not need any more.

4. When I do go to the dreaded high street I can get what I want there and then

5. Other on line retailers have stuff that takes my fancy at far more competative prices

However, I do still watch it at times to keep up with the chat on here and I love this forum as have so many laughs on here with you witty people.

Do you think it's just that, apart from everyone having to watch the pennies, QVC and the other channels have simply become boring? They've been selling the same old stuff now for a couple years, with only an occasional new line. My attention span is shot due the tedium of the products and hearing the same old spiel from the presenters. I've bought four things since start of January that just happened to be on screen when I was channel hopping, sent one back. I have to force myself to watch these days just so I can keep up with what the presenters are up to!!! :bandit:

What a great thread. I've also cut the QVC habit, I only buy after I've done my homework now and checked out reviews and prices. I think QVC is just too predictable and the lines are too limited, a while back a funny forum poster (I think it was Mrs James) predicted the TSVs for the forthcoming weeks and was pretty much bang on the money.

I haven't bought anything since December and have bought clothes from the High Street.

Stopped buying from The Q ages ago.

Once I put all the skincare products together, body products together and shampoos multiplied by £ X per bottle that was enough for me.

Compounded by:-

Lack transparency about beauty products e.g. ingredients, these should be listed on their site.

Pointing out the '1 unique' ingredient that no other producer sells, so you can only buy it from here.

Other places do skincare that suits me at a fraction of the price - going to check out M&S next as they have the bunny symbol. Specially interested in their serums & moisturisers (found this out thanks to Keelygate).

Bored with same presenters, got to the point where I knew the 'phrases' they would use off by heart.

I checkout Nail Polishes - and that's it.

I look at the total price including P&P & the colours in the pack & if they are old colours ( or in QVC speak our most popular colours) - like the last OPI TSV I'm not buying no matter what the price.

If I can get a better price elsewhere - then I'll buy there.

They need to work harder for my custom - unique colours or finishes at an excellent price.

Last edited:
the tsvs have totally lost their magic for me, I used to love the beauty ones but there was always something in it i did not use or want and now I just go to Boots (there is a massive one where I live) and just buy what I actually have run out of. This is generally cleanser and cotton wool pads! I think I have said on here before that I am only allowed to wear small stud earrings at work so I am buying much less jewellery and this tends to be from Amazon as they do great deals. I have also made myself sort out and use what I actually have and believe me there is a lot!! I no can afford or indeed want to go on adding to my stash of stuff. I like to have treats , they lift my mood and help me to feel that I am not just working to pay the bills but Q is boring and increasingly out of my league price wise. My treats these days are fresh flowers, good coffee and books. I still fancy a good splurge but will have to save for this and I have a feeling I will enjoy it all the more as I will have to wait and look forward to it.

I think I'm over it too, or at least getting there.
I've only ordered two things since mid december, the LD TSV & the Judith Williams one last week, whereas it used to be around two a week.
This month should see off the last of my easy pays, the Clarissonic TSV before Christmas.

Like many of you I have so much stashed away that it will take me ages to use up beauty stuff & enough jewellery to last me a lifetime. Might be tempted still by LG or really good value TSVs of sets not easily available elsewhere.
At least the jewellery is no longer tempting with the huge hike in prices they have on it.

The programmes I hardly watch now, just so boring now.

Something dramatic has happened to me- I have broken the qvc addiction!

To date I have made 1 purchase from qvc this year that was only because it was cheaper than on the high street. However, there has been no tsv purchase, no random purchases I never knew I needed.

Basically I have just fell back in love with the high street and utilised you tube to see what the beauty bloggers are raving about (the ones who don't get stuff for free). I have found some great products and also got great make up application techniques. I still have a stock pile of my liz Earle, elemis skin are and enough toiletries from Christmas so I'm not going without, just not buying any more! Consequently with the money saved I can enjoy trips to the high greet and get stuff there and then

I reckon qvc must loose quite a few of us who have been with them a while. I am basically bored with them. Once we used to look forward to tsv's, now there is nothing on the channel that excites me. I rarely watch anymore- it's great!

My sentiments exactly!! I suppose I did what everyone does, join QVC and get excited ordering everything that I hadn't been that into before- decleor/liz earle/emma hardie/bobbi brown and really enjoy it for a while. After 12 months or so you then realise actually most of the stuff is available elsewhere on the internet or on the high st with no p&P, quite often significantly cheaper and that QVC just sell the same stuff repeatedly. Still like to look at the beauty tsv when I'm interested in it, even with p&p they can still be good value. But there's just no variety at the moment- boring.

I think I'm over it too, or at least getting there.
I've only ordered two things since mid december, the LD TSV & the Judith Williams one last week, whereas it used to be around two a week.
This month should see off the last of my easy pays, the Clarissonic TSV before Christmas.

Like many of you I have so much stashed away that it will take me ages to use up beauty stuff & enough jewellery to last me a lifetime. Might be tempted still by LG or really good value TSVs of sets not easily available elsewhere.
At least the jewellery is no longer tempting with the huge hike in prices they have on it.

The programmes I hardly watch now, just so boring now.

Breeze you sound just like me, this is exactly the stage I am at in my relationship with Q, my last easy pay is due on 27 Feb, Revitalash which I have been very pleased with. Had a bit of a phase of Kipling bags but have found some lookey likeys on Amazon which are a third of the price and cost £1.99 p and p so they will keep me going if I feel I need a treat. I know I keep harping on about the p and p on Q but it really has stopped me ordering from them so it is a "positive negative"! I am also thinking about closing my account with them when the last easy pay is done but don't feel quite ready to do this. A bit like a drug user giving up but not deleting the dealers' numbers from their phone!!

I'm with you on this although I made my first 2 purchases, since the 19th December, this week: the slow cooker and the Clarisonic but the QVC remains off bounds on telly. Both I felt were items representing good value although the p&p did make make mr think a while before ordering. QVC refunded the postage on the slow cooker because it still hadn't left the warehouse 2 days after ordering (and after my mini lecture to CS about the virtues of Amazon). I don't intend to buy anything else until at least the Clarisonic easy pays are paid off and will only do so if I think the item represents very good value. But I find QVC and it's presenters quite boring these days, same old stuff and boring sales patter.

I'm with you on this although I made my first 2 purchases, since the 19th December, this week: the slow cooker and the Clarisonic but the QVC remains off bounds on telly. Both I felt were items representing good value although the p&p did make make mr think a while before ordering. QVC refunded the postage on the slow cooker because it still hadn't left the warehouse 2 days after ordering (and after my mini lecture to CS about the virtues of Amazon). I don't intend to buy anything else until at least the Clarisonic easy pays are paid off and will only do so if I think the item represents very good value. But I find QVC and it's presenters quite boring these days, same old stuff and boring sales patter.

That's a good idea, I'll try that if it happens to me, with the cost of P&P it should at least be a good service

Latest posts

Back