Qvc addiction over!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3549
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The P&P charges are a REAL put off for me.I have ordered things like Birkenstocks in the past but then they don't fit & have to pay to return.I told myself a long time ago that I would not buy anything which needed trying on & have stuck to that.I ordered from Liz Earle website the other week & the offer included free P&P & it arrived in a couple of days.I have returned some jewelley items over the last few months as they just didn't look value.More & more is on EZP which is their incentive to get us buying.Not working for me!

I haven't bought anything since July last year. I have gone back to elemis but better deals can be found elsewhere. Found a great set on ebay with pcmc for £28.50 inc p & p! I have stopped using L'Occitane as really can't afford to spend £50+ on washing products but would be tempted if it included perfume/lotions/handcream. I use mineral foundation - lily lolo much cheaper & have other makeup which my lovely sisters got me for my last birthday - still going strong almost a year later. My biggest spend with QVC was skincare but they are no longer competitive. I haven't missed anything by cutting out in fact I can go to the high street & buy what I need as I need it as I don't stockpile & dont need everything in a tsv.

I'm with you on this although I made my first 2 purchases, since the 19th December, this week: the slow cooker and the Clarisonic but the QVC remains off bounds on telly. Both I felt were items representing good value although the p&p did make make mr think a while before ordering. QVC refunded the postage on the slow cooker because it still hadn't left the warehouse 2 days after ordering (and after my mini lecture to CS about the virtues of Amazon). I don't intend to buy anything else until at least the Clarisonic easy pays are paid off and will only do so if I think the item represents very good value. But I find QVC and it's presenters quite boring these days, same old stuff and boring sales patter.

Oh my gawd..it really WAS a slow cooker then...:giggle:..sorry couldn't resist that one!

Only bought Honora in lastclicks, last November , like everybody else it's the same old same old, with outrageous P&P x

I too am getting over QVC.I'm the first to say its boring,predictable,over priced blah,blah - but I could still find enough to buy something most days.

Although I haven't purchased every day - I must have spent thousands on what I have bought over the years.I've slowed right down.My last purchases have been the Honora earring set before Christmas,because of the free P&P.I bought the trespass TSV in early Jan,not expecting to like it,but I did.I bought the lastest kipling TSV mainly because it was on easy pay - and I'm pleased to report that all those purchases are fully in operation :flower:

I have bought today bought some birkenstocks as I want some clog ones for work to cover and protect my toes from demon children :giggle: and I was having trouble finding them at all,let alone cheaper.

Actually writing it down,it doesn't look as though I'm abstaining - but I'm am!!!

I'm actually utilising my "high street" more and look forward to the once a week/fortnightly hour I give myself as treat,browsing and buying what I actually need :muscle:

I have not bought anything so far this year :happy:

I have quite a few things bought from QVC still in their bags hidden in my wardrobe, jewellery that I have never worn, beauty items that I have thrown out because some have gone off (Liz Earle), and NN bedding in the loft.

I used to buy TSV with items in them that I did not want, just because I thought the overall price was good :nod:
I just would not like to think of all the money I have wasted :doh: I also used to stay up to watch the TSV, but not any more. TSV used to be good value, and interesting, but now it feels like they are trying to flog off items that makers want to sell off before a more up to date item is on the market.

I used to love Philosophy toiletries,especially the Pure Grace (which was the only gentle perfume I could tolerate)and once bought the Baby Grace when it was TSV, the perfume was fine, the body lotion just smelled of nothing. It made me wonder, did these companies bring out the stuff that has some problem with them ,that they could not sell in the shops and the departments, as TSV to us, the non doubting customers ?? I was so disappointed with that purchase, (of course I did not send it back, because of the return postage) I have not, and will not order any more Philosophy from QVC.

The P&P is a real rip off, most of the items are $3.45 and above, most are 4.95 (5 p short of £5) Even small and light items are charged £3.45!! Why can't they charge one price for the item in 2 colours or in 2 sizes?
They are always saying "order them in two or more sizes and try them" " get them at home and try them out with things you have in the wardrobes, and if you don't like them, send them back" as though it would not cost us anything! Order boots at $6 p&p!!

Most of the time, things look so nice on TV and when they arrive, they look so "cataloguey" , cheap and not worth the money. Some items especially jewellery items look a lot bigger on the screen than in real life.
Nowadays I argue with myself, asking if I really needed that particular item I am tempted to buy.

I started to cut down last year when I cleared the drawer under my bed and found 5 (yes 5!) L'Occitane shea hand and shower wash. Decided then and there I had to stop ordering unless I did some comparisons online. I did buy the Elemis Christmas TSV, but that was really good value, and I'm afraid I did succumb to an EMU TSV that I didn't check out and really regretted buying. This year I have bought the Ecoegg, because there was no p & p and it seemed a good buy and I've no complaints and the Prai TSV which I haven't yet tried.
The other day I bought 2 lots of items from Debenhams which were delivered in two days. I had a 20% off voucher from the Daily Mail and p & p was free. QVC have to compete with that sort of service nowadays.
I find QVC boring now and rarely see anything I really want. I think it needs a good shake up and re-think, I'd also like to see less American brands and more home grown talent.

Yip me too! If I buy one product a month these days it is a lot and then mainly replacement items only. Even the garden products are better value from elsewhere and as Liz Earle is on my High Street and have also cut my spending back hard................................... Was interested to see this thread and realise that lots of people are bored with both the shows and some of the presenters - and what happened the threatened move out of London - perhaps there will be a revamp then?

Most of the time, things look so nice on TV and when they arrive, they look so "cataloguey" , cheap and not worth the money. Some items especially jewellery items look a lot bigger on the screen than in real life.
Nowadays I argue with myself, asking if I really needed that particular item I am tempted to buy.

I totally agree and because I have no spacial awareness, being told that stones measure Xmm means NOTHING to me, all I can see is the magnified item they are showing and that is what I'm seeing until I open the box!!! The trouble is, I hear "huge" "beautiful" "luxurious"(what the hell does that word mean) "suberb quality"
"you'll wonder how you managed without it" "it does the work for you" " I have one of these" and "it will make you look younger/fresher/slimmer/a million dollars" and I expect it to be so. Is that unreasonable of me?

This inspired reminded me to check my account to see when i last bought from QVC... over a year ago since I last ordered, I've obviously not needed QVC or missed it as I had no idea it was so long ago! Years ago I used to spend a fair bit with them but that was before there was better value, choice and service offered elsewhere. I resent paying the P&P charges especially for it to take 3 days to leave the warehouse. Still I don't mind it forced me to stop being lazy and look at other much better places, and 99% of the time cheaper with free P&P. I rarely watch now but when I do it seems pretty tedious tbh.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I last bought some Bare minerals about a month ago but rarely buy now. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to tot up all my purchase costs but even now I know it ranges well into 4 figures, most of which I no longer use, wear or care about. I now have a house full of stuff, much bought on Clearance that never see's the light of day. When my kids leave home they will have so many Xmas decorations and candles that they'll need a spare room each for all my (junk) gifts. Hate to say I've wasted money but I have, am tempted to get rid of a lot of the stuff but begrudge the lost financesif I just give it away too. Bit of a catch 22.

I am definitely buying and watching less. I must admit to checking out QVC whenever I switch on the TV, but these days I am usually bored / bewildered or slightly amused at what is being sold, not to mention the hideous p&p. My only two recent purchases (shark steam mop and swivel sweeper thingy) were checked out for value prior to purchasing. Had a mad QVC binge in December, spending £250 on Mally make up a.d rings, both on last clicks. The p&p for that lot came to almost a fifth of the total cost! Luckily, adore the Mally sets and gave some as gifts but did send two of the rings back, as they just did not get worn within the 39 days MBG. I am so near to being cured that I am planning to pass on the upcoming LG TSV, because I have,enough bnb to see me through until the next one, and just don't want all the items.

I too would like to see some fresh BRITISH talent, rather then the same old polyester fashion and overpriced U.S p.u bags! But then, QVC is U.S owned so have a vested interest in flogging us their own home grown "talent". Sorry, rant over.

I think that they should bring over more of their US products i.e. rachel zoe fashion and k-dash fashion (I know I hang my head in shame) but their fashions look really good and something that I would buy :up:

Latest posts

Back