QVC delivery ( again)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

greatgable

Registered Shopper
Compare and contrast:

On Thursday morning I ordered 2 items from a small family firm in Oxfordshire. The items were awkward to pack. They arrived today 48 hours later.

The last item I ordered from QVC was ordered on a Wednesday and arrived the following Tuesday.

I still can't understand why QVC with its much vaunted warehouse takes so long to deliver, when many of its commercial rivals can deliver much quicker!

I have to admit that Amazon get most of my business now.

I must say I have never had a problem with their delivery perhaps it's the courier who delivers the item to you that doesnt get the items out very quickly. I always get items quicker by courier than royal mail

I was almost ringing CS a while back to check up on a late delivery when it arrived via courier - told him I'd been expecting it earlier and he said he'd had it for a few days but his car had been off the road....:headbang:...what can you do when you're up against that kind of thing!

I was almost ringing CS a while back to check up on a late delivery when it arrived via courier - told him I'd been expecting it earlier and he said he'd had it for a few days but his car had been off the road....:headbang:...what can you do when you're up against that kind of thing!

Order from elsewhere???

This sort of thing should definitely be reported to CS.

Having been a courier, I know what it's like. Your car/vehicle is given a hammering to say the least and you're expected to work 6 days a week, all year round, with no cover provided unless you can find someone yourself. It's not as easy being a delivery driver as some might think. I quite liked the job, but the pay is ridiculously appalling and I got so fed up of getting flat tyres because of nails left outside the depot. 1 flat tyre = 2 days work for nothing.

It seems that QVC employing "private" couriers who have to use their own cars is "delivery on the cheap" DESPITE QVC charging extortionate delivery costs to their customers.

Last edited:
Well I've recently had a ****** nightmare with Amazon. A friend had a nasty accident and a group of us did a collection to get her a Kindle. Two weeks on has she had her Kindle? Has she bugger! I won't go into the details suffice to say she will be out of hospital before the damn thing, along with vouchers for her to buy books, gets there. And I'm yet to be convinced it will arrive at all.

I too have given up on QVC for most things. I always look elsewhere first. On Thursday at 3pm I ordered some boots from Javari (believe they are Amazon) and they arrived on Friday at 10.30am. FREE OF CHARGE!!!!! Free returns too if you need it. QVC is such a large Company but it really needs to up its game. Its customers appear not to matter anymore.

Order from elsewhere???

This sort of thing should definitely be reported to CS.

no I wouldn't report him, he's a nice bloke and usually pretty good, at least makes an effort to leave packages with someone if I'm not in, unlike Royal Mail, who will leave a card and just chuck the parcel back in the van and return it to the depot to be collected! OK I know it saves him a return journey but even so I HATE having to go and collect from the sorting office!

I know its an age old story but I cannot understand why QVC take so long with their deliveries when they charge such a premium rate.

I regular order from Littlwoods,and get my orders the next day.I order from amazon and get it the next day or the day after.Both do not charge me for P&P,although I do admit,catalogue prices are inflated compared to the high street.

I find at christmas I can order from (most) popular websites for free.QVC needs to start waking up and responding to this.I know I've taken my custom elsewhere as I'm not prepared to pay the P & P anymore....................and I believe other people are going elsewhere too.....................lots of people here didn't buy the recent L'Occitane TSV because of the P&P price -as did others as imagine as it wasn't a full on sellout as they thought.Their FB page is full of the price of P&P.

Although I see the point about couriers,in my experience QVC have taken literally days to process my orders at times.Its hardly a premium service for the price.I actually really like my courier and believe her when she says the minute the parcels get in,she gets them out,as she doesn't want the responsibility of them.

As a matter of interest Tinkerbelle, have you tried to have it delivered direct to her in hospital? If so, I wouldn't be surprised if that's why it's not arrived.

No it's supposed to be going to her home address for her husband to deliver.

The latest update is that they've resent it but they've taken it into their heads to deliver it to the last person I sent something to and not where I originally wanted it sent.

I know its an age old story but I cannot understand why QVC take so long with their deliveries when they charge such a premium rate.

I regular order from Littlwoods,and get my orders the next day.I order from amazon and get it the next day or the day after.Both do not charge me for P&P,although I do admit,catalogue prices are inflated compared to the high street.

I find at christmas I can order from (most) popular websites for free.QVC needs to start waking up and responding to this.I know I've taken my custom elsewhere as I'm not prepared to pay the P & P anymore....................and I believe other people are going elsewhere too.....................lots of people here didn't buy the recent L'Occitane TSV because of the P&P price -as did others as imagine as it wasn't a full on sellout as they thought.Their FB page is full of the price of P&P.

Although I see the point about couriers,in my experience QVC have taken literally days to process my orders at times.Its hardly a premium service for the price.I actually really like my courier and believe her when she says the minute the parcels get in,she gets them out,as she doesn't want the responsibility of them.

My thoughts exactly. Paying high P&P for a relatively slow delivery time does some a strange way of doing things to say the least.

It was interesting to note that some have had quick delivery from QVC and some have had problems with Amazon - good too see that there lots of different experiences.

I never have a problem with Hermes or RM. DHL on the other hand seem to think it's acceptable to leave parcels on view to everyone. The problem with ordering from anywhere isn't just a case of what happens at the delivery end - it could be QVC and their warehouse or sometimes when you buy from shopping channels/amazon, you're buying from a company which then sends the item out from their stock...logistics is a complicated thing and it's practically impossible to pin the blame in any one place unless you know the exact process.

I find Amazon excellent, I am also impressed by their account page, it is so easy to keep track of what I have ordered and when to expect it. Personally I find QVC rubbish in comparison. I was tempted by the Lola Rose TSV today but the p and p was 5p under £6 which is a total rip off. I have not ordered anything from Q for a couple of months now as the cost of postage is so high and I can no longer afford to waste money this way.

Tinkerbelle, what a lovely idea to get a Kindle for your poorly colleague I do hope it turns up soon, how disappointing. Hope she is on the mend.

I find my QVC deliverys have been coming quite quickly lately.When this subject comes up it seems to depend where you live about delivery's from couriers.

Latest posts

Back