Qvc getting on my nerves

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

curlyblonde

Registered Shopper
i ordered the butler and wilson skull bag for a present for my niece for xmas, its been lost and now after ringing twice i have still not received the non receipt declaration letter, they have now said i have to wait until upto 22nd december to receive the non receipt letter, what good is that to me, thats means my neice now has no christmas present, this is a joke!!

If they posted the non receipt letter first class that would help but they never do. What lame excuse did they give for not being able to get the letter to you quicker than 22 December, that really is a joke. Yet another example of their customer service getting worse.

Standard practice to allow a couple of weeks to receive a letter. Doesn't help really when the backlog caused by the snow is throwing all deliveries out of sync.

Post is held up all over the UK just now due to all the bad weather, letters, parcels etc....are all arriving at odd times and it is not just royal mail, many courier companies are struggling too.

Did they send you a declaration letter to sign to confirm non-receipt of the first declaration letter....and so on and so forth ad infinitum? Aaaagh my brain hurts!

Jude xx

I complained twice about not receiving something from QVC and I was told that they would send the non-receipt letter on both occasions. I received it once (about 2 weeks after I had complained) the 2nd one I never received at all. It seems to me that they only have snail mail, which seems to take an exceptionally long time to arrive, what is wrong with them? Do they not know that 1st class exists? It puts me off ordering anything from them now.

Lots of trouble before all the postal troubles recieving my non receipt letters, on different items as well, they are just not rushing to send them out IMO - better for them but not for you I'm afraid. Here's my thread http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25568 on all the troubles I've had with QVC recently, some excellent advice from FM which 3 of us followed through and got good results. Might be worth trying the same Curlyblonde.

Why can't these declarations of non receipt be handled via email?? I realise QVC wouldn't have a hard copy with a signature but if the declaration is sent to the customer's registered email address that is on their account surely that would be good enough. It would save so much time which equates to money in business admin costs plus it would increase customer satisfaction. If a claim was for a high value item where a signature would be important for an insurance claim then those letters should be sent via recorded delivery.
mysmilie_55.gif

Why can't these declarations of non receipt be handled via email?? I realise QVC wouldn't have a hard copy with a signature but if the declaration is sent to the customer's registered email address that is on their account surely that would be good enough. It would save so much time which equates to money in business admin costs plus it would increase customer satisfaction. If a claim was for a high value item where a signature would be important for an insurance claim then those letters should be sent via recorded delivery.
mysmilie_55.gif

Very good suggestion,PPC.

:thinking: However, until QVC move into the C21st, here's the Blue Peter method that I use:

1) make a copy of any spare 'declaration' forms received;

2) tippex (or cross) out - redact, in modern parlance - the particular details at the bottom of the form; and

3) make some copies for future use.

When an item fails to arrive, contact customer services and report non-delivery, then complete your own Blue Peter form, adding the name of the customer service operative with whom you spoke and the date, and send off using 1st class stamp.

When Q's declaration form turns up, you have another 'blank' to amend and add to the pile!

I concede that it is a bit of a hassle, but at least the money is returned much earlier than it would have been, were you to have adhered to standard QVC procedures.:happy:

Jay

I suspect their reasoning for pratting around with 2nd class post and avoiding the common sense email approach is that they hope the item will miraculously turn up in the meantime.

Jude x

Update on this

i rang again yesterday and complained saying it was for xmas and they have given in and have re sent me the item and i have to post the non receipt back when i get it but i will get the bag for xmas yipeeee:)

I suspect their reasoning for pratting around with 2nd class post and avoiding the common sense email approach is that they hope the item will miraculously turn up in the meantime.

Jude x
I expect so Jude but they could diarise the non declaration emails as 'pending' on their system until after the deadline for the item to turn up has passed and then they could be actioned immediately.
mysmilie_55.gif

i rang again yesterday and complained saying it was for xmas and they have given in and have re sent me the item and i have to post the non receipt back when i get it but i will get the bag for xmas yipeeee:)

I hope you do get it. I had a similar issue with a Centipede coat last year. They promised I'd have it for Christmas but it never showed, not even after Christmas. I don't want to be a Jonah, but it might be worth making a backup plan, just in case. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though!

Fingers crossed the replacement arrives safely in time for you.
Also hoping if it's B&W item it actually arrives with everything intact.

:sun:

I hope you do get it. I had a similar issue with a Centipede coat last year. They promised I'd have it for Christmas but it never showed, not even after Christmas. I don't want to be a Jonah, but it might be worth making a backup plan, just in case. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though!

yes ill get an emergency pressie just in case :)

Fingers crossed the replacement arrives safely in time for you.
Also hoping if it's B&W item it actually arrives with everything intact.

:sun:

oh no it better had, if its broken that will be the last time i buy from qvc cos my last few purchases have all been rubbish and i really think they arent as good as they used to be.

Post is held up all over the UK just now due to all the bad weather, letters, parcels etc....are all arriving at odd times and it is not just royal mail, many courier companies are struggling too.

You're not kidding, my last qvc order was dispatched (RM) on the 1st dec and didn't get to me until the 15th.

Latest posts

Back