Obviously my turn for a load of problems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That is what I used to do before retiring. It always worked very well except when the Northern Nights feather bed came. I had assumed it would be as portable as a duvet!!! Instead I could barely lift the box and I had to take a cab home!!!!! And the driver had to help me carry it to my door. :giggle:

Good point - I'll remember that for a big item, it would still be best to get it delivered to home. Thing is... making sure that someone's in given how useless it is to rely on QVC's 3-5 working day delivery estimate :mysmilie_11:

qvc do it on purpose to make it hassle to return anything to put you off. but it puts me of ordering

Mission accomplished, I had a few things on advanced order and have just taken great delight in cancelling every single one of them.

Update though - I have had my refund for the faulty item, but they haven't refunded the original p&p, which I am pretty certain I am entitled to as the item was faulty and not just a change of mind. Still waiting for 'the call' regarding the Tarte TSV though and am going to be close to telling them to keep it when they do call.

I've now begun having stuff delivered to my place of work, as none of the courrier firms can lie about delivering stuff or attempting deliver and finding nobody in :mysmilie_10:

I tried that before Christmas last year, office building is open 24 hours a day, can access it 24/7, yet Hermes returned 3 packages because they 'couldn't access building' I was absolutely fuming!

When my delivery is out for delivery on a Saturday they know that the building is closed and update the system in a couple of hours saying 'courier to re-attempt'.

When my delivery is out for delivery on a Saturday they know that the building is closed and update the system in a couple of hours saying 'courier to re-attempt'.

This was a weekday and it went straight from 'couldn't access building' to 'returned to sender' it was quite obvious they didn't even bother.

This was a weekday and it went straight from 'couldn't access building' to 'returned to sender' it was quite obvious they didn't even bother.

That was my experience too - if you get a bad experience with Hermes it's really very bad. I told Customer Services to mark my account as no Hermes delivery after this became my normal experience with them. They delivered to me by exception.... it's sad, because previously I'd had a fantastic experience with my local Hermes delivery man.

Thing is, if you try to go to Hermes their normal CS won't deal with it because it's the dedicated QVC account. I just contacted QVC CS and told them bluntly that Hermes had lied about trying to deliver... I got sick of no cards (so clearly no attempt made), waiting in for deliveries that never came... even when the tracking said the item was out for delivery.

I have had no problems with hermes as the couriers have always lived in the villages where I have lived
But yodel have always been dire
Last year I ordered one of those plastic cushion/tool storage boxes
I am at home all day nothing arrived when tracking showed out for delivery
Checked and it showed unable to deliver no safe place
I was home we have a huge car port and no card left
Waited the next day nothing
Looked on yodel failed attempt unable to access property
I should think so :mysmilie_17:
I only what you to knock at door ,again no card and 1 was in
Even if I was in the garden my dog would let me know before they had stepped on the gravel
Rang yodel and they said they would check with driver
He told them that he could not get through the gates We don't have gates
And he had run out of cards
A different driver would deliver the next day
Did they No
Checked if had been delivered and sign for
Well not to me or the few neighbours I have
Rang yodel
Yes it was delivered to house with yellow door a young man signed for it
I live in a Bungerlow with a white door and no young man here more the pity lol

Contacted Homebase who said item was out of stock at warehouse
They would track one at store and get it sent by another courier
The next day it turned up at 8.30 am
Two days later about 11pm
Dogs ears sprung up
We thought it was something in the garden
But no, there on the front lawn was my missing delivery
The cheeky driver had parked up the lane and walked down the grass verge and left it
I rang home base and they said keep both
Yodel said they were investigating the matter

I used to have problems with Yodel in Surrey but since moving to East Sussex and my deliveries come out of the Maidstone depot I have not had a problem. They delivered yesterday and I could follow the tracking online. Had 2 deliveries today one via Royal Mail and one via Hermes, again both on time. There was also a delivery the day before as well, must stop looking at the sales! So tempting.

I ordered the Kim&Co TSV on the 7th of June it arrived on the 10th I posted it back on the 13th and had confirmation of my refund this morning. So I can only say well done QVC. I am only sorry everyone doesn't get this kind of service.

I ordered something and it arrived on 9th June. I sent it back on 10th June and it showed up as 'returned' in my account yesterday. I got confirmation of my refund today and the full amount is being reimbursed, including the P&P.

In all the years that I've shopped with QVC I have only had one problem. A bracelet didn't arrive and so I rang CS. They said they'd send me out a form to complete. I was asked if I wanted a replacement and I said that I did. The replacement arrived before the form did.

Fortunately, I have never had a problem with Royal Mail or Hermes delivering things safely (barring that one time.)

Final update. I called QVC on Friday as I still hadn't heard anything from them, no apology from them, no update about what happened, just 'oh yes, it was Fair Sand, we can process another one for you today, or I can process a refund?' Needless to say, due to the lack of promised contact from them I took the refund. It'll be a long time before I order from the Q again, award winning customer service my backside! I would also say I'm disappointed they marked the item as 'returned' but I'd quite like them to send me the dreaded letter and threaten to close my account.

Must be my turn now...afraid I succumbed to 3 recent TSV's, all of which, in my opinion were faulty.

Didn't realise, being my first purchase of fleurs, that all returns had to be sent directly back to the company...returned, signed for 3 days later and now 5 days after that still awaiting refund, plus return postage. Must say quite annoyed that it wasn't made clear that the returns were direct to company and not to Q. Good way to hang on to your money.

Clarks sandals, fit like a glove, apart from one heel strap being positioned much lower than the other causing it to fall down no matter how tight I had it...returned same day as fleurs, nothing showing yet.

Finally VQ Hepburn II DAB/Radio in purple...loved the colour and style, but all the metalwork on the sides and dials/buttons tarnished, looked old and used. Q arranging Hermes collection following email and pics.

Well, after that lot absolutely 'P'd' off and will refrain from any future orders for some time to come...given me a right old headache :mysmilie_1:

My Hermes lady comes in a car and is really lovely. But they are all classed as self employed and get very little for each parcel, no wonder so many will just dump front door busy main street or throw over a wall. So I blame Hermes for their work practice and QVC for not employing a company who take pride in their service. I had two parcels from QVC ordered last week, the Tarte was Hermes and shipped Thursday, second shipped on Friday bigger parcel and came RM. The second one arrived on Monday before lunchtime(the postie signed the card and put in usual place), Hermes around 6pm by Hermes.

Loads of complaints about returns and refunds on the Q Facebook page. Seems they count a time line of up to 28 days when it arrives in the warehouse!

I used to have a good Hermes courier, which was great because IW don't use Royal Mail at all, even a lipstick gets sent by Hermes in a box so it doesn't get lost, but he left at the beginning of the year to be replaced by a courier who just doesn't care. First thing he delivered was a multi cooker that he threw over my back fence in the rain. I emailed Ideal World, good enough they got me a replacement out the next day, collected my old one and gave me ten pound credit and my p&p back. They also put in a report about him and he's been good as gold ever since.

My Hermes lady is a gem too, and she always posts a card through the letter box.
Once we were out, and she came back with the delivery when I rang her .

Have sent my item back due to it being faulty ,they collected it through Hermes ,10 days ,no sign as yet .Substantial amount of money too .Now to wait for 14 days ,then their letter ,to send it back .Gosh am sick .Ordered from Lulu Guiness website and two days later the price had dropped down considerably .Just called them up and within half an hour they refunded the difference .When will QVC ever learn .Sent something back to HOF and in two days they refunded the price of the item plus the P&P even though I had asked for nominated day delivery .

Have sent my item back due to it being faulty ,they collected it through Hermes ,10 days ,no sign as yet .Substantial amount of money too .Now to wait for 14 days ,then their letter ,to send it back .Gosh am sick .Ordered from Lulu Guiness website and two days later the price had dropped down considerably .Just called them up and within half an hour they refunded the difference .When will QVC ever learn .Sent something back to HOF and in two days they refunded the price of the item plus the P&P even though I had asked for nominated day delivery .

It is another method QVC HAS of making money from customers. The longer the money (however small) stays in their bank , they make money! A few pence from one adds up to pounds when collected from many.

As mentioned in my earlier post, I returned something on 10th June. The refund was paid into my account on the 18th which was two days after I got the email about their refunding me. I suppose two days later isn't too bad but it's still a lot slower than some other online places.

And I can't fault Hermes (so far.) My regular courier has told all her team where my 'safe place' is in the event of my being out. I was away at the weekend when something was delivered by them and there was a card through the door saying "Parcel inside green bin because it was raining." So I've now got another 'safe place' thanks to her initiative. Well, it saved a soggy parcel. :wink:

I hope yours is sorted out quickly, Chrissi.

Latest posts

Back