Obviously my turn for a load of problems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Chrissi

Registered Shopper
Please bear with me here, but I need to get this off my chest.

Returned an order last week as it was faulty, had the usual call up CS, wait for returns label, fight with the Post Office to get them to accept it etc, a week after it being posted and now 5 days after the latest return date (I know this now doesn't apply as it was a faulty item) it's still not showing as returned on my account. That's the first gripe.

Second one, my Tarte TSV was apparently delivered by Hermes at the weekend and "Delivered to porch" well, neat trick there, I don't have a porch! It was apparently delivered Saturday evening, but I was away until Monday, so it's now long gone. I checked with neighbours (old Hermes driver was brilliant and would always give any parcels to them if we weren't in), checked behind and in the bins, but nothing, so I am now waiting on the declaration letter from the Q and will have to go through that whole farce of a process before a replacement is sent out.

No wonder I rarely order from them nowadays, any problems are dealt with in the slowest way possible.

Grump over.

Returned an order last week as it was faulty, had the usual call up CS, wait for returns label, fight with the Post Office to get them to accept it etc, a week after it being posted and now 5 days after the latest return date (I know this now doesn't apply as it was a faulty item) it's still not showing as returned on my account. That's the first gripe.

Second one, my Tarte TSV was apparently delivered by Hermes at the weekend and "Delivered to porch" well, neat trick there, I don't have a porch! It was apparently delivered Saturday evening, but I was away until Monday, so it's now long gone. I checked with neighbours (old Hermes driver was brilliant and would always give any parcels to them if we weren't in), checked behind and in the bins, but nothing, so I am now waiting on the declaration letter from the Q and will have to go through that whole farce of a process before a replacement is sent out.

No wonder I rarely order from them nowadays, any problems are dealt with in the slowest way possible.

Grump over.

We have had a similar problem. Website said no one in and card left. This was at 9.00am, we were in and no card had been left. When we contacted the supplier they told us that the courier is supposed to leave a photo of the property were the parcel was left. Apparently they had a picture of the courier's steering wheel!!!!! Parcel was delivered the next day.

I thought I was jinxed a couple of years ago, back in another lifetime when I worked full time and parcels left on my step were gone by the time I got home. It happened so often I think QVC believed I was being dishonest and insisted on signatures for everything for a couple of years afterward. It suited me because I stood a better chance of getting my delivery. I also felt sorry for the postman and Hermes courier because I'm sure they were also under suspicion.

Years on, being at home all the time I've become the "hub" for the neighbours deliveries and I'm happy to oblige (cos I can disguise my own deliveries as being for next door or "Gertie from number 30" :mysmilie_59: )

Since then I've been reading this forum (14 or 15 years?) and more recently facebook. It's not just a run of bad luck there seem to be daily reports (facebook especially) of fragile items being lobbed over gates, left in dustbins. You all know the kind of thing.

No practical help Chrissi but I feel your pain!

Chrissi, this is maddening. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Grump over.

Sometime last year I ordered some Alpha H from Beauty Bay. The delivery was supposedly left in the porch by the Hermes delivery person. Like you Chrissi I don't have a porch! I took a picture of my front door and emailed it to Beauty Bay who said they would take it up with Hermes. 2 days later I had an email to ask me if I wanted a refund or the item which would be delivered by another courier company. This is how things can be done and creates good customer service that sticks in people's minds, QVC are sadly lacking in this imo

qvc are rubbish when things go wrong too much emphasis on the customer doing lots of paper work and a lot of waiting. to cutdown on waiting for the decleration form i asked qvc to send me it via e- mail and i would print it off and sign it then photgraph it and send the dowmloaded pic to qvc vis e mail. after a week of doing this madness qvc said thier computer system was not up for sending e mails with attatchments.

i find qvc tiresome, slow and behind the times when things go wrong. love them or hate them amazon are great. good prices and excellent range of poducts and fast customer service

My Hermes lady comes in a car and is really lovely. But they are all classed as self employed and get very little for each parcel, no wonder so many will just dump front door busy main street or throw over a wall. So I blame Hermes for their work practice and QVC for not employing a company who take pride in their service. I had two parcels from QVC ordered last week, the Tarte was Hermes and shipped Thursday, second shipped on Friday bigger parcel and came RM. The second one arrived on Monday before lunchtime(the postie signed the card and put in usual place), Hermes around 6pm by Hermes.

Loads of complaints about returns and refunds on the Q Facebook page. Seems they count a time line of up to 28 days when it arrives in the warehouse!

I used to have a good Hermes courier, which was great because IW don't use Royal Mail at all, even a lipstick gets sent by Hermes in a box so it doesn't get lost, but he left at the beginning of the year to be replaced by a courier who just doesn't care. First thing he delivered was a multi cooker that he threw over my back fence in the rain. I emailed Ideal World, good enough they got me a replacement out the next day, collected my old one and gave me ten pound credit and my p&p back. They also put in a report about him and he's been good as gold ever since.

Grump over.

Yowsers that does seem a run of bad luck, I guess you (in your heart of hearts) know the moral to the story!
With regards to delivery it has been said before that Q are really far behind the times (and they are), all catalogues and even the 'river' have a setting feature whereby you can specify where a parcel is left 'behind wheelie bin'. 'in a shed', 'with a neighbour' etc. Is it really still beyond the remit of Q to not offer this service, I know they couldn't cope with 'next day delivery' last year, I am still surprised that they are in business, given that whilst the 'shop is slick' the rest of the elements (CS and delivery) aren't, yet people still purchase.

I am sorry you have got your woes, though take heart a previous posting (similar thread), I sold on an internet auction website and the parcel somehow went to Northern Ireland instead of Scotland (yes really!) and it took me a few strong e-mails before I got any compensation back. I know this is a rarity, but Q is not the only company out there that are (for want of a better phrase) 'useless'.

Sorry twas your gripe, I will now shut up!

Really sorry you are having lots of grief !! It is something that you can write to head of department about ? Whenever we have real problems with a company we tend to be advised to put in writing to chief office or the likes ....we have had success with our gripes in the past doing this .....good luck and please keep us posted and getting it off your chest is a good thing to do ...and this forum is brilliant for advice and help ....and just a listening ear :mysmilie_848:

I did a delivered to porch thread recently as nothing came despite my being in and on the alert at the alleged time. I had to do the return letter nonsense, although at least this time managed to grasp the photo and email routine. The replacement came last week, hurrah! The night I got a call from a lady saying you don't know me, but I think I have your parcel. She lives in the next road in a block with one word the same in the name. So we described what we were wearing and set out to do a meet in the middle! Marvellous. I rang Q to arrange a collection and on the morning the guy was on his route I was out at the communal recycling bin. I recognised him and said oh are you coming to me for a collection, and he said a collection from a different number! I checked his,paperwork and he was right, but it was my name!!! Most odd cos those labels are just system generated. Dread to think where the Tan Luxe supersize of the month will end up...

I recently ordered a K by Kelly Hoppen necklace it arrived in a massive knot which couldn't be undone unless I broke it so called CS to arrange a replacement they were very friendly and sent out a replacement immediately as well as a label - the replacement arrived before the returns label! He replacement however was broken as there was no clasp!
Called CS again who had to send out a second return label as they didn't want me sending both back using the one lable... What a faff

That's strange, I've been away too and I asked for my Tarte TSV to be delivered at my daughter's address. I received a text from Hermes a few days later to say that my parcel had been successfully delivered. Well, the parcel was NOT delivered and left my daughter chasing next door, looking in the bins etc but nothing! How can they deliver at the wrong house (which I assumed)when they have all this technology, barcodes, tracking system and still deliver at the wrong address?
Has this ever happened to anyone here? Would like to know.

Sometime last year I ordered some Alpha H from Beauty Bay. The delivery was supposedly left in the porch by the Hermes delivery person. Like you Chrissi I don't have a porch! I took a picture of my front door and emailed it to Beauty Bay who said they would take it up with Hermes. 2 days later I had an email to ask me if I wanted a refund or the item which would be delivered by another courier company. This is how things can be done and creates good customer service that sticks in people's minds, QVC are sadly lacking in this imo

That's exactly how it should be dealt with, this having to wait for a letter to be sent out, sign it and return it is just wasting time IMHO.

That's exactly how it should be dealt with, this having to wait for a letter to be sent out, sign it and return it is just wasting time IMHO.

qvc do it on purpose to make it hassle to return anything to put you off. but it puts me of ordering

Every Hermes person I've had has been absolutely brilliant. No complaints at all. I have a new young lady at the moment and she arrives with her little girl (aged about 2) who insists on playing peek-a-boo through the letterbox. It really makes my day.

I think it's literally hit and miss who you get as your courier, I've had good ones and bad ones, it always seems like it's the good ones that leave though.

I think it's literally hit and miss who you get as your courier, I've had good ones and bad ones, it always seems like it's the good ones that leave though.

I've now begun having stuff delivered to my place of work, as none of the courrier firms can lie about delivering stuff or attempting deliver and finding nobody in :mysmilie_10:

I've now begun having stuff delivered to my place of work, as none of the courrier firms can lie about delivering stuff or attempting deliver and finding nobody in
That is what I used to do before retiring. It always worked very well except when the Northern Nights feather bed came. I had assumed it would be as portable as a duvet!!! Instead I could barely lift the box and I had to take a cab home!!!!! And the driver had to help me carry it to my door. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back