QVC have reached new levels............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC think we're all stuck in 1993 like them, no computers, no iPads, no website, no ability to check. I've said before these new breed of shoppers who have grown up with the internet, their first instinct is to check prices first it comes natural to them, that's why over the past couple of years QVC cut call centre staff, dropped an hour from air time, stopped competitions, stopped customer panel freebies, and brought in a whopping £5 off promotional offer to draw in "new customers", oh yes the cracks are definitely showing.........Back To The Future anyone? :mysmilie_3:
:mysmilie_471: Actually it's a great one, as always you've summed them up good & proper.

I've been using Roger & Gallet soaps for a couple of years, now. I hunt the internet for the best prices, and usually buy several boxes of 3. But this year the fragrances seem weaker. Still nice, though, and they don't dry-out my skin. I used to be an SBC girl, until converted to R&G. I haven't used L'Occitane soap for ages, but Mr EM loves the almond shower oil.

I always used to buy Roger and Gallet soaps in the January sales. They used to do three big bars in their sturdy boxes but with a clear lid for the sales. Terrific value. They always had loads of them in department stores but I haven't been able to find them for years now, at least not so much soap for such a good reduction, and certainly not in such volume in the stores. I used to lug a bagful back! However, as is always the case here, I still have tons of bars from then and later TSVs so soap purchases are currently baneed, LOL.

PS. This is why I am so hopeless. I immediately went online to look for R&G soap! I did spot that John Lewis sell the boxes of three 100g soaps for £15 but Fleur De Figuier is currently online at £7.50. I managed to avoid buying thankfully. Amazon is dearer.

Yes, I find Amazon consistently dearer for R&G. All Beauty & Escentual generally have the best prices. £15 for 3 soaps is the regular price, but sometimes can be found for £12, or even £10 a box.

:mysmilie_471: Actually it's a great one, as always you've summed them up good & proper.

Thanks T, have a great Christmas and new year, may it be peaceful, happy and full of love, we've had some laughs this year haven't we, I know 2019 will be just as good, big hug and lots of love :mysmilie_3: xx

That goes for Sazza and Graham who make it possible for us all to meet up, grab a bargain, have a moan but most of all laugh, so to all my Forum buddies, have a great one, I love you all I really do. :mysmilie_508:

Thanks T, have a great Christmas and new year, may it be peaceful, happy and full of love, we've had some laughs this year haven't we, I know 2019 will be just as good, big hug and lots of love :mysmilie_3: xx

That goes for Sazza and Graham who make it possible for us all to meet up, grab a bargain, have a moan but most of all laugh, so to all my Forum buddies, have a great one, I love you all I really do. :mysmilie_508:

:heart: Merry Christmas Shops. I know you will have a wonderful time with all your family & I wish your son continued good health. We certainly have had lots of laughter & it will continue courtesy of the sales staff at Q department store. Merry Christmas to each & every one who visits this happy place & for those who will find it not so merry, be kind to yourselves. :heart:

Might not have time to say Merry Christmas or Peace of the Season as we're away on Saturday until the New Year. Whether you celebrate or not, have the best of times. Catch you all in 2019.

CC, Mr CC and wee Bry xx

:heart: Merry Christmas Shops. I know you will have a wonderful time with all your family & I wish your son continued good health. We certainly have had lots of laughter & it will continue courtesy of the sales staff at Q department store. Merry Christmas to each & every one who visits this happy place & for those who will find it not so merry, be kind to yourselves. :heart:

You too, and thank you I'll pass on your Kindness to him, you all have a good 'n' T. xx. :mysmilie_3:

Might not have time to say Merry Christmas or Peace of the Season as we're away on Saturday until the New Year. Whether you celebrate or not, have the best of times. Catch you all in 2019.

CC, Mr CC and wee Bry xx

I'm the same CC, I'll be out and about next couple of days so wanted to pass on my best incase I didn't get a chance before, have a nice time away and see you next year.xx :mysmilie_3:

Some years back L'Occitane store in Belfast was classed as L'Occitane Ireland and not the UK. But, every time they had a sale all the normal stock had 20% discount. I used to buy the 500mls size of the Shea Butter Body Lotion and it was a steal! They had a range of perfumes Flore Notre(sp) which were £56, I refused to buy as hell that was the price of a Guerlain! Then they went on sale at half price I bought the two I was interested in Iris and Cedre. Now this is the weird thing, on the UK website they stayed at full price for many months before being discontinued.

Then about 5 years ago I walked into the Belfast store as the sale was one and said is the normal stock 20% off? No, it seems the Belfast store was now classed as L'Occitane UK and suddenly the extra offers gone. Even the SA commented on how Ireland got much better deals and they also got the makeup range which never came to Belfast.

l'occitane fragrances for the money recently are not worth the money. nothing lasts longer than 20 minutes on me and the prices are high end without the quality sadly

I've been using Roger & Gallet soaps for a couple of years, now. I hunt the internet for the best prices, and usually buy several boxes of 3. But this year the fragrances seem weaker. Still nice, though, and they don't dry-out my skin. I used to be an SBC girl, until converted to R&G. I haven't used L'Occitane soap for ages, but Mr EM loves the almond shower oil.

Yes, R & G are lovely. I've a feeling they may have sold to loreal /another biggie so that may be why the smell is milder. Donna would know about sell outs if she's reading!

I don't wear any fragrances as such - only my Dr Organics coconut deodorant from Holland & Barrett.

What's enraging me at the moment, is repeat shows with Lee "I wish my name was Steve Apple Jobs" Hohbein and the old model iPad pro, and they are asking more money for it than the current gen, much more powerful and sleek version.

Of course, he does his best to convince people they need the tech support voucher, while always insisting they are easy to use. And then gives examples of what people might be stuck with "for instance you might want help with family sharing" or "you might need help with family sharing" or "maybe you need help with family sharing" or....well, you get the idea, on multiple shows...dozens of shows?

The only example he ever comes up with for the tech support line is family sharing. He makes my blood boil. That other companies are suckered in by his so called "expertise" as well, is absolutely mind boggling.

Latest posts

Back