QVC Returns Fiasco

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fulhamphil

Registered Shopper
I made the dire mistake of ordering the luxury 500tc Northern Nights duvet set a few weeks ago - well, I'd had a rather stiff G&T so that must have addled my brain!

I hated it as soon as it arrived. I just thought it was a pile of sh*te. Had a really strong chemical smell when I opened it. What was supposed to be ivory was more a pale lemon colour (mistake no. 1, don't try to colour match off the tv!). And if that was their idea of 'luxury', I dread to think what the other stuff is like. I've since done some research - that spiel Suzy reels off about thread count is bollocks. After about 200 or 300 hundred, tc is meaningless, there is so much more to quality than that. You also need to ensure that it is 100% Egyptian Cotton.

So next day I went to Selfridges and bought myself some lovely Yves Delorme and phoned up QVC and asked them to collect the NN. A week later it remain uncollected. Phoned them again - another week went by and it remained uncollected. Phoned them again last week and they said it would be collected Tuesday. No one turned up. Phoned them Wednesday, they said someone would collect Thursday. No one turned up. Phoned again today and they said they would refund me today and someone would collect Monday.

Frankly I couldn't care less if anyone comes on Monday. All I was interested in was getting my refund. This is the first time I have ever sent anything back to QVC. I shall certainly be very careful in future about what I order from them - don't think I could stand going through this ordeal again. :wave2:

Maybe you ought to do what that lovely scottish lady did the other night, get through to the live show and complain about CS :)

I made the dire mistake of ordering the luxury 500tc Northern Nights duvet set a few weeks ago - well, I'd had a rather stiff G&T so that must have addled my brain!

I hated it as soon as it arrived. I just thought it was a pile of sh*te. Had a really strong chemical smell when I opened it. What was supposed to be ivory was more a pale lemon colour (mistake no. 1, don't try to colour match off the tv!). And if that was their idea of 'luxury', I dread to think what the other stuff is like. I've since done some research - that spiel Suzy reels off about thread count is bollocks. After about 200 or 300 hundred, tc is meaningless, there is so much more to quality than that. You also need to ensure that it is 100% Egyptian Cotton.

So next day I went to Selfridges and bought myself some lovely Yves Delorme and phoned up QVC and asked them to collect the NN. A week later it remain uncollected. Phoned them again - another week went by and it remained uncollected. Phoned them again last week and they said it would be collected Tuesday. No one turned up. Phoned them Wednesday, they said someone would collect Thursday. No one turned up. Phoned again today and they said they would refund me today and someone would collect Monday.

Frankly I couldn't care less if anyone comes on Monday. All I was interested in was getting my refund. This is the first time I have ever sent anything back to QVC. I shall certainly be very careful in future about what I order from them - don't think I could stand going through this ordeal again. :wave2:

Silly question I know but couldn't you have taken it back to the Post Office:thinking2:

What a drag, glad you got your refund sorted. It's so hassle free shopping with QVC :4:

if you take it to the post office you would have to p&p yourself..
northern nights...more like nightmare nights.thin,cheap flimsy terrible fabric that if it was sold in the shops they would not shift a thing...
went to the dreaded high street and house of fraser have thier own range of 500 thread count.pillow cases should be £30 are now £9 and a set of sheets one fitted,one flat and a pillow case singel bed £30 a bit more for double but the feel is just out of this world.real luxury from the high street no less. in the shops if an item does not present itself well on the shpo floor it just wont sell.qvc rely heavily on hype and peopls weak moments when it comes to this range in paticular. i agree s...te

Latest posts

Back