QVC social anthropology

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There`s no doubt about it their fb page will die a death. I rarely posted on it but I did make a point of regularly reading it and in the past 6 months alone, the posts on there have become less and less. I think DF`s groups have done the main QVC page a lot of damage and have caused a lot of ill feeling. I`m not in any of her groups, nor do I wish to be but there does seem to be a case of double standards going on.
On the one hand Q says they aren`t affiliated to any of her fb groups yet on the other hand their presenters and guests ( both of which are paid by QVC ) do webchats or heads ups or chats about upcoming tsv`s etc on her fb groups.
SCW isn`t affiliated to them and yes I agree that he should stick to posting tsv`s and oto and not answer customer service questions but if DF`s groups aren`t supposedly affiliated to them either, then they should both be stopped from posting early tsv`s etc. It smacks of one law for one, another law for another and as I said above, double standards.

Crikey weathergirl will there be a revolution? Will qvc rule the world or will the great unwashed win the day and will we see heads posted on flagpoles in city centres? Hope it's not too gory.

There`s no doubt about it their fb page will die a death. I rarely posted on it but I did make a point of regularly reading it and in the past 6 months alone, the posts on there have become less and less. I think DF`s groups have done the main QVC page a lot of damage and have caused a lot of ill feeling. I`m not in any of her groups, nor do I wish to be but there does seem to be a case of double standards going on.
On the one hand Q says they aren`t affiliated to any of her fb groups yet on the other hand their presenters and guests ( both of which are paid by QVC ) do webchats or heads ups or chats about upcoming tsv`s etc on her fb groups.
SCW isn`t affiliated to them and yes I agree that he should stick to posting tsv`s and oto and not answer customer service questions but if DF`s groups aren`t supposedly affiliated to them either, then they should both be stopped from posting early tsv`s etc. It smacks of one law for one, another law for another and as I said above, double standards.

I agree Vienna, but since when has QVC ever treated anyone fairly and equally? I was with them twenty years never got so much as a code, not that I wanted one it's just funny how QVC say it's all random, yet seems that some are more random than others. I closed my account two years ago and thought "stuff you QVC"............or words to that effect. :mysmilie_17:

Crikey weathergirl will there be a revolution? Will qvc rule the world or will the great unwashed win the day and will we see heads posted on flagpoles in city centres? Hope it's not too gory.

City Centres? Are you MAD? You mean, finding a parking space and risking the Dreaded High Street?!! At least let's make sure the flagpoles are Swarovski-encrusted and LED-lit, perhaps even colour changing.

This is what Ms Flint had to say about this to BTU members:-

"sorry ladies but this is going over old ground , but I've already posted about on here - i can hunt for the post to it here again to help explain it, but believe me this is best all round. THe issue is with sharing things not supposed to be leaked .. As staff, I get given permission to sneaky peek the things i do. Some items will be shared further out but not all, using various means, all of which will be official - some of which will be further than others, some of which will be via emails and newsletters (which anyone can sign up for via QVC page btw) some will be via presenters (all of what I discuss is official, incidentally - it's my job and part of what i do) and some will be via the brands themselves - and it's up to QVC to tie in their own page with the PR plans of brands. THis change has been a long time in coming and it'll be a fabulous new era. Official info will always be accurate too, rather than guess work or innaccurate as it often has been. It's just a change, and will lead to a more smooth running Q page. x"

It does still appear that the brands are only posting in BTU - Linda Magistris being the worst "Offender"!!!

I am a spy in the camp!!!

Yup one law for one and another law for others as I said earlier. Teflon coated DF rides again !

City Centres? Are you MAD? You mean, finding a parking space and risking the Dreaded High Street?!! At least let's make sure the flagpoles are Swarovski-encrusted and LED-lit, perhaps even colour changing.

Personally I refuse to even head towards the city centre without my AK47 over my shoulder:mysmilie_15: Its just too risky.

Debbie Flint is shameless, absolutely shameless. QVC should never have taken her back, all the trouble she causes, and that's from someone who closed their account and rarely watches!

This is what Ms Flint had to say about this to BTU members:-

"sorry ladies but this is going over old ground , but I've already posted about on here - i can hunt for the post to it here again to help explain it, but believe me this is best all round. THe issue is with sharing things not supposed to be leaked .. As staff, I get given permission to sneaky peek the things i do. Some items will be shared further out but not all, using various means, all of which will be official - some of which will be further than others, some of which will be via emails and newsletters (which anyone can sign up for via QVC page btw) some will be via presenters (all of what I discuss is official, incidentally - it's my job and part of what i do) and some will be via the brands themselves - and it's up to QVC to tie in their own page with the PR plans of brands. THis change has been a long time in coming and it'll be a fabulous new era. Official info will always be accurate too, rather than guess work or innaccurate as it often has been. It's just a change, and will lead to a more smooth running Q page. x"

It does still appear that the brands are only posting in BTU - Linda Magistris being the worst "Offender"!!!

I am a spy in the camp!!!

When she comments, do all her followers and fans sit there and read her message from their computer chanting with lit candles all around, the woman sounds like a cult leader, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad, oh yes Ms Flint you are indeed a cult.

And Sharon Harvay's comment on the post:-

"NOT UP FOR DISCUSSION HERE thank you x"

Who the hell does she think she is ?????????????????

When she comments, do all her followers and fans sit there and read her message from their computer chanting with lit candles all around, the woman sounds like a cult leader, it would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad, oh yes Ms Flint you are indeed a cult.

Some probably do Shopperholic - I'm usually rolling around laughing:mysmilie_8:

Delusions of grandeur springs to mind, I bet when she's standing at the till in Tescos she thinks everyone whispering "look! look who it is! It's Debbie Flints mate......who's Debbie Flint? you know the one off that shopping channel that sells all that tat!"

Newbie here, decided to join as after this weekend's shanagins on facebook I am in desperate need of sane people who happen to use the internet and shopping channels!

Quoted post tipped me over the edge. Who is this person to say what can and cannot be discussed?

Seeing as Ian will continue to post previews on here, this is where I shall now frequent! Facebook fast becoming like a school playground and cant help but think if QVC just banned Debbie Flint from social networks (like many companies do, I for one am not allowed to divulge any details of my employment on social media) they may, just may be able to crawl back some respectability.

Sharon Harvey has had lunch with Tova, don't you know. That makes her so famous, Julian Fellows is currently writing a tv series about her fabulous life.:mysmilie_15:

Newbie here, decided to join as after this weekend's shanagins on facebook I am in desperate need of sane people who happen to use the internet and shopping channels!

Quoted post tipped me over the edge. Who is this person to say what can and cannot be discussed?

Seeing as Ian will continue to post previews on here, this is where I shall now frequent! Facebook fast becoming like a school playground and cant help but think if QVC just banned Debbie Flint from social networks (like many companies do, I for one am not allowed to divulge any details of my employment on social media) they may, just may be able to crawl back some respectability.

You sure you're a newbie??

Welcome Calisto!
Thanks/likes to everyone who has posted on here. (Use an app without a like function and can't be bothered to turn the laptop on again! )

Ok I was a bit squiffy last night but although tongue in cheek (of course Q is not really taking over the universe! ) but honestly. They are behaving like the Borg. I can imagine DF's followers, like the bride's of Chucky (ahem, Manson) lighting candles and moaning and humming every time she posts. I hope more from the FB page find their way over here.