Qvc us

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Boris Bear

Registered Shopper
Just been watching Anthony Heywood presenting a drill on QVC US. The guest was very knowledgeable about the product and Anthony listened without interrupting whilst she spoke then he had a turn to speak and she listened. There was no talking over each other or interrupting as happens so often here. He briefly mentioned using this to assemble furniture in his new apartment and she mentioned using tools when she first left home, but there was no irrelevant talk of blogs, family, retreats, books etc.. It was so professional compared to the UK.

I didn't know AH had moved to QVCUS, the last I heard he was on cruise ships.

He was good, as was Tim Goodwin for techs stuff, unlike Abbi Liar Horne.

I do not imagine for one moment QVC would permit all the presenters promotion of their side hustles would be tolerated! QVC UK management are weak, and the presenters who are the worst offenders have the best sales figures no doubt, so now things are difficult, QVC don't care discipline them for fear they will quit, or worse, stay and underperform. That's my opinion and the conclusions I have drawn from the relentless decline in presenters' professional standards, the appalling manners exhibited in air by a growing number of presenters, the desperate voucher offers, the reduction in the number of products on site and on air.

Manners, generally, count for something in the USA.

I watch Laura Geller on qvc us what a bliss listening to a professional presentation.

Do you think it's just us here in the UK? By that I mean are we on this board generally better mannered and more like QVC US?

I just wondered as I belong to a few boards in the US, where everyone is polite, friendly and supportive, but this is the only one I like in the UK as others I've been on are more like QVC UK - rude and shouty!

I had a look on their website last week, and some of the products looked way better than anything you'd ever get on QVCuk which is like a watered down version of QVCusa. Saying that, when QVCuk first started it was mostly USA imports, so it was something different but its obviously become too expensive to do that so are now selling more things we can readily buy on any other website and highstreet, thing is though they've got to charge more to pay for their huge overheads, pair that with the postage were most places it's free, definitely capped, I can't see QVCuk being able to sustain the extra expense they expect the customer to pay for much longer.

That's interesting. I see the U.S QVC offers up to 6 easy payments. That would be handy for stuff like iPads etc.

But they have different credit over in the US compared to the UK. That is why we only get 4 as after that in the UK they must add interest on top and a credit check.

Way back QVC UK also did the QVC credit card as they do in the US but the interest rate on it was very high. I like to read the QVC US community forums and people on there complaining they had the credit card removed as they did not use it enough or even cleared it at the end of the month to escape the interest charges.

Latest posts

Back