Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

:mysmilie_17: Oh gawd, can you imagine it? From the team that brought you Batman.....Pratman!! I thought he was going to wet himself with excitement yesterday over the Patriotic Petunias... I wouldn't be surprised if the guest didn't have to tell him herself that they were called that because they come in red, white and blue - or did he figure it out for himself?

Sounds like all he needs is a pair of red undies over that blue suit and a cape, I could just picture him now running out of a phone box (if he can find one) shouting "super prat!!!!"

:mysmilie_17: Oh gawd, can you imagine it? From the team that brought you Batman.....Pratman!! I thought he was going to wet himself with excitement yesterday over the Patriotic Petunias... I wouldn't be surprised if the guest didn't have to tell him herself that they were called that because they come in red, white and blue - or did he figure it out for himself?

Pratman that's hilarious!! :mysmilie_15: not only does he look ridiculous in tights, not only does the name fit, not only does he not have a clue, not only would he not know a Petunia (or Betunia) if it bit him on the bum, not only does he wing it through the hour saying "not only"..............

I agree with you Adam. When Paul Brodel comes out with anything to do with eating healthier or cutting down on fat I am always drawn to the idea of a skin expert trying to advise me on acne or spot creams whilst having a face full of spots! Or 'Jane' of the Jane Plan diet, coming on TV, giving it the big'un on losing weight....... whilst being a size 28! So why oh why do they ever let Brodders on with anything supposedly to do with healthy eating? As someone else pointed out on here, I just watch, sort of through my fingers, waiting for him to explode live on air.

I agree with you Adam. When Paul Brodel comes out with anything to do with eating healthier or cutting down on fat I am always drawn to the idea of a skin expert trying to advise me on acne or spot creams whilst having a face full of spots! Or 'Jane' of the Jane Plan diet, coming on TV, giving it the big'un on losing weight....... whilst being a size 28! So why oh why do they ever let Brodders on with anything supposedly to do with healthy eating? As someone else pointed out on here, I just watch, sort of through my fingers, waiting for him to explode live on air.

Don't forget 42% of the remaining 28% of stock is in 15% of your baskets. There is a 50/50 chance you will lose it, as we approach the busiest part of the show - aw my gaud, what were we selling again??

Looking at the size of him, it could be any time soon!

Shauny with the telescopic ladders...we had a new story.
We had a family story of how his brother fell off a ladder once so we should buy one.
whatever next.

It was "oh, me angina" at one point, when he puts a hand on his heart and pretends to be so shocked that he's having palpitations.....the man's a total prune. Come to think of it, he could have swiped a pair of the leggings that they were flogging after the plants hour. His Pratman outfit would then have been complete.

Pratman that's hilarious!! :mysmilie_15: not only does he look ridiculous in tights, not only does the name fit, not only does he not have a clue, not only would he not know a Petunia (or Betunia) if it bit him on the bum, not only does he wing it through the hour saying "not only"..............

:mysmilie_17: Shouldn't laugh, but does he belong to the most accident-prone family in the world, or not? I'm sure he's told other stories about things happening to members of his family. Then there's poor old Gran, who didn't have a proper mattress to sleep on, Dad with no wheelchair or mobility scooter (why, we might ask?). Perhaps his brother couldn't afford a proper ladder, so had to nail planks of chipboard to 2 upright posts? Who knows (and who knows how much truth there is in the story, either)?
Shauny with the telescopic ladders...we had a new story.
We had a family story of how his brother fell off a ladder once so we should buy one.
whatever next.

We are bored of iw and their health and fitness rubbish. They have really good products on the website start selling them on telly please. Please start selling useful things.

Do we have proof that it wasn't an IW one that his brother came to grief on - maybe he was dazzled by the sheer quality of it and came over peculiar? Perhaps they should consider giving out a lifetime's supply of superglue when you purchase? That family should have an H & S inspector following them around.:giggle:
So is this one falloffproof then?

:mysmilie_17: Shouldn't laugh, but does he belong to the most accident-prone family in the world, or not? I'm sure he's told other stories about things happening to members of his family. Then there's poor old Gran, who didn't have a proper mattress to sleep on, Dad with no wheelchair or mobility scooter (why, we might ask?). Perhaps his brother couldn't afford a proper ladder, so had to nail planks of chipboard to 2 upright posts? Who knows (and who knows how much truth there is in the story, either)?

If previous tales are anything to go by, it’s quite possible that Shaun’s brother (despite the obvious dangers) had no choice but to use his own improvised ‘ladder’... cle.jpg

He was also forced to use a primitive version of the Wagner paint sprayer (see picture), a detail that will almost certainly get a mention in a future show: "You know, when I think of the all the hurdles my brother went through just to paint a room..." :wonder:

If he's Pratman, he needs a sidekick. Any suggestions?

:mysmilie_61::mysmilie_17:
If previous tales are anything to go by, it’s quite possible that Shaun’s brother (despite the obvious dangers) had no choice but to use his own improvised ‘ladder’...View attachment 11349

He was also forced to use a primitive version of the Wagner paint sprayer (see picture), a detail that will almost certainly get a mention in a future show: "You know, when I think of the all the hurdles my brother went through just to paint a room..." :wonder:

how about 'Robbing'? (with apologies to the original Batman & Robin). Suggestions for the role of sidekick are limited to any other presenter who can fit easily into the Pratmobile - Sally J. has to be a leading contender, on the grounds that (a) they could dispense with the car's sirens - her voice is plenty adequate - and (b) if the horn malfunctions she can just shriek
If he's Pratman, he needs a sidekick. Any suggestions?

how about 'Robbing'? (with apologies to the original Batman & Robin). Suggestions for the role of sidekick are limited to any other presenter who can fit easily into the Pratmobile - Sally J. has to be a leading contender, on the grounds that (a) they could dispense with the car's sirens - her voice is plenty adequate - and (b) if the horn malfunctions she can just shriek

........and she's so tiny she'd easily fit into a matchbox if needs be

Check out your baskets or we relocate them to the phone lines :mysmilie_51: . This so old fashioned why don't they separate stock for phone lines only and web only,. Get your **** together ideal world people are browsing your website to see what else to buy. Something needs to be done about ideal world and the basket and phone line nonsense maybe time to stop phone line buying and just concentrate on the website. If you haven't got the web tough luck, the phone lines are old fashioned and most people have the web or if you haven't got the web you can buy a dongle for a tenner. get a netbook for cheap in a gadget shop for £150.Get a grip ideal world. GET WITH THE TIMES. Like people say they buy from the website. Having very limited stock like 10000s is pathetic for a national shopping network. YOU need 1000000s of stock whoever is running this channel is pure incompetence. Or they doing this deliberately.

Last edited:
Check out your baskets or we relocate them to the phone lines :mysmilie_51: . This so old fashioned why don't they separate stock for phone lines only and web only,. Get your **** together ideal world people are browsing your website to see what else to buy. Something needs to be done about ideal world and the basket and phone line nonsense maybe time to stop phone line buying and just concentrate on the website. If you haven't got the web tough luck, the phone lines are old fashioned and most people have the web or if you haven't got the web you can buy a dongle for a tenner. get a netbook for cheap in a gadget shop for £150.Get a grip ideal world. GET WITH THE TIMES. Like people say they buy from the website. Having very limited stock like 10000s is pathetic for a national shopping network. YOU need 1000000s of stock whoever is running this channel is pure incompetence. Or they doing this deliberately.

My take on it is, if it's in the basket, it's almost a sale but not until checkout is it a proper sale. The phone line is most likely someone that is buying instantly. So, they're making out stock is flying to hurry you and your basket to the checkout.

If I lost something out of my basket, I know I could put it back in there next day lol.

Latest posts

Back