Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hoped that this news was just a rumour and that this couldn't possibly be true. However I have just come home from the dreaded shops (a deeply pleasant experience actually) and turned on my television and switched on TJC. I now know that it is true... Shall we run a sweepstake to work out the next ex-Bidder to crawl back. My money's on the charismatic Guy Keane.

You love her really Muttley.

Now that we have taken Lola back from Australia it's surely only fair that they take Rick Hay back? :mysmilie_59:

Oh my word, sorry if this has been said but couldn't find the forum last night. Peter Simon on with the awful, awful kevin watch schiller last night, goodness made me laugh so many times with the Matt Le Tissier watches :)
That Kevin bloke comes accross as THE most desperate man in shopping telly history, but Pope Pete and the mispronunciations were worth every second or creepy Kevin :)
Listen next time, and tell me you don't hear Matt Le Tissier, he of football fame :)
Sheer brilliance.

Oh my word, sorry if this has been said but couldn't find the forum last night. Peter Simon on with the awful, awful kevin watch schiller last night, goodness made me laugh so many times with the Matt Le Tissier watches :)
That Kevin bloke comes accross as THE most desperate man in shopping telly history, but Pope Pete and the mispronunciations were worth every second or creepy Kevin :)
Listen next time, and tell me you don't hear Matt Le Tissier, he of football fame :)
Sheer brilliance.

I heard him a week or so back with those Mathey Tissot Watches and his mispronunciation of the brand name, nothing new there of course!

Yesterday he was selling an Electric Bike with Zoom Forks. First he was calling them Voom Voom Forks, then it became Volvo Voom Voom Forks. He's a complete Plank!!

Sheer brilliance.

I heard him a week or so back with those Mathey Tissot Watches and his mispronunciation of the brand name, nothing new there of course!

Yesterday he was selling an Electric Bike with Zoom Forks. First he was calling them Voom Voom Forks, then it became Volvo Voom Voom Forks. He's a complete Plank!!

if Guy Keane is signed up by IW, I will purchase an item and spend 10 minutes phoning their premium rate phone line abroad... I will be that happy.

Tonight at 8.00pm we have Nanty and Caroline Garrard selling DeLorean Timepieces that 'represent the visionary symbiosis of sportivity, innovation, supreme technology and uncompromising quality'.

For anyone that doesn't know DeLorean is a long since defunct (Bankrupt) Car Maker. The company was mired in scandal for much of it's short existence. It mostly had a reputation for supplying extremely poor quality cars for which there was very little demand.

Basically they were crap, absolute garbage. But I'm sure the watches are blooming marvellous :mysmilie_59:

Hmmmmmm I don't think she ever sold anything :wink:

No, I guess so Momma. I wonder what she actually did 'at' Garrard?

I suppose a Carpet Fitter who fitted a Carpet at Garrard could be said to have worked 'at' Garrard :mysmilie_59:

Yes it's never 'for' is it?

Doesn't look like it Momma.

But let's face it, most of the 'Chefs' aren't Chefs. Not sure how Creepy Crawley became an expert on all things soft furnishing (other than perhaps a natural love of Scatter Cushions). Suzy became an expert in Bedding because she worked 'in' some Apartments. Schlocko's Perfume Credentials were never that clear (other than his youthful visits to his local Department Store Perfume Counter for a quick sniff of Elizabeth Taylor's latest brew).

Kevinski doesn't appear so clued up on the terminology used for Watch Glass. Vanessa Feltz Fan Club has never explained what Torricelumn (TM) is and just says that 129 year old Lizzie 'discovered' it (with the help of her friend, Charles) despite already being supposedly smothered in it in Hospital. We all know about Granny Smith, bless her, not much left for her to shill these days. I'm half expecting her to trawl out Reconditioned Sinclair C5 Cars (I wonder if she worked 'at' Sinclair too?).

And then there's little frumpy Doddy Flump Rick Hay, 'The Superfoodist'. I wouldn't even know where to start with him.

The mind boggles, it truly does :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Come on then, it's time to get your hands on some really collectible and really rare Timepieces.

So rare that they come in a choice of 3 Colours :mysmilie_19:

Come on then, it's time to get your hands on some really collectible and really rare Timepieces.

So rare that they come in a choice of 3 Colours :mysmilie_19:

I've never seen such horrible shite as those DeLorean Watches! That Caroline Woman is as bad as Kevinski. If those Watches have Sapphire Crystals, I'll stand stuffing!

One trick I've now noticed Ideal World doing - and it's something that Bid TV used to do regularly - was to advertise one product for a particular time slot in the electronic programme guide (in my case, Freeview) but then to suddenly change the product description at the last minute. Tonight it was fashion that was initially advertised for the 7 to 8pm slot but that description had changed to the Bosch vacuum cleaner by 7pm.

Dear Nanty tonight described the Bosch cleaner as being "triple A-rated", which was technically true for cleaning and filtration but ignored the fact that the cleaner had a C rating for energy efficiency (to be fair this was mentioned elsewhere and may not matter too much given its power). However something that was even more dodgy was Pope Peter's claims about stock and availability made yesterday for the same cleaner; I now wish I had recorded Pete and Nanty's sales pitches for comparison, especially relating to Pete's claim along the lines that you would never see this price ever again (but can't remember the exact wording). Very dubious to say the least.

Tonight at 8.00pm we have Nanty and Caroline Garrard selling DeLorean Timepieces that 'represent the visionary symbiosis of sportivity, innovation, supreme technology and uncompromising quality'.

For anyone that doesn't know DeLorean is a long since defunct (Bankrupt) Car Maker. The company was mired in scandal for much of it's short existence. It mostly had a reputation for supplying extremely poor quality cars for which there was very little demand.

Basically they were crap, absolute garbage. But I'm sure the watches are blooming marvellous :mysmilie_59:

Nah, they looked c##p to me! Could only manage one minute veiwi f, looked awful... and expensive...

I wonder what Peter Simon's partner on 'the Monday club' at 3pm on bid, Elisa Portelli is doing these days.

I genuinely loved her power suits.

Latest posts

Back