Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had a look at the website and watched the vt. Deniece has said "Today we have a boot story" WTF does she mean by a "story" - Oh hang on, I'm getting it now. We'll tell you how fashionable, comfortable and reasonably price these boots are, you'll rush to the phone and order yourself a couple of pairs, you then discover they're considerably cheaper elsewhere and this is partly because they're last season's and most of the other outlets are knocking out for half price, and when you get them on your tootsies, every step feels like you're walking on razor blades! -So there's your story!

Seriously though, and I've posted about this before, I bought a pair of "so called" cushion walk boots and I can honestly say they are one of the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn in my entire life!

Dee Knees was on with the bonded leather swivel chair and stool for £199. On her birthday last year, all her family clubbed together and bought her a 'leather' footstool and it was £200. "Why didn't I wait?".........maybe because you wanted real leather??

I am not making this up. She said : -

'There's something a bit Downton Abbey' about the Black Plastic Boots with Velcro Fastener :mysmilie_13:

I watched a bit of it and she even sat there like someone who was wearing them just because she was paid to for the hour (we all know that is the truth, but she shouldn't be displaying body language that confirms it)

Dee Knees was on with the bonded leather swivel chair and stool for £199. On her birthday last year, all her family clubbed together and bought her a 'leather' footstool and it was £200. "Why didn't I wait?".........maybe because you wanted real leather??

She never seems to buy or use IW stuff.Perhaps she'll say next she ditched her leather footstool for a 'better more comfortable 'bonded leather one. Hoping we'll all do the same. A la Mosh a sprite

She never seems to buy or use IW stuff.Perhaps she'll say next she ditched her leather footstool for a 'better more comfortable 'bonded leather one. Hoping we'll all do the same. A la Mosh a sprite

They put up a leader board on the fashion hour the other day, like a scorecard, for the tapered trousers. Guess who's near the top with 6 pairs? :mysmilie_506:

...and guess what else I've learned? It's better to have leather inside than outside of your boots or shoes, because that's what's next to the skin!!!! Of course this walking frumpfest are all lined with quality leather!!! Great I suppose if you plan to wear them in bare feet (highly unlikely)....but hey, I know what I'd rather have facing the elements and the eyes of the public...yes a hardwearing, breatheable material - Inside, yes, I'd like them to be comfortable and in the unlikely case that should desire a better insole - you can buy them cheaply enough. Stupid idiots...and you can bet your arse that if the bliddy things were leather, they'd be cooing and crowing saying it by syllable, spelling it out though Gollum might say L E V V A, but you get the idea!

I've got nothing against them selling plastic boots, but please don't insult our intelligence by suggesting it's superior!

Gollum's been on less than five minutes and he's already offended me. He's selling a mattress topper...so he's called a woman off screen, Lisa (who he says is an high ranking member of staff) to come onto the set and try out the mattress...."C'mon darling give it a try, she ran on, looking very embarrassed, sat down, said it was great etc" ran off again...and what did he say? Good job it's not the 10 o'clock show as you'd see us...basically implying he'd have raped her! DISGUSTING MAN! Hope he gets a ****** good ticking off for that....how dare he?

Gollum has a history of putting down / being rude to women in his presenting work. He did it on Bid, you should see the way he treated his co-hosts on Gala TV (plenty of vids on You Tube).

He might think it's 'banter' but it definately belongs to the 1970's by referring to these 'birds' as 'slags' and prostitutes. It really should have no place on shopping networks. :mysmilie_10:

If I thought it would do any good, I'd complain to IW. Their website has a email address for C/S but I get the feeling It'd be ignored, or I'd be given some "round robin" reply that tells me they'll look into my complaint and do absolutely nothing about it. They must have known what he was like before they employed him, but I guess they think the viewers like a bit of banter - I do generally but I don't think a). That a shopping channel is quite the right vehicle for it and b.) I wouldn't call what comes out of his pie hole banter - He's a rude and sexist little oik, and IW need to send him back to the gutter that he crawled out of ...oh and he can take that slimy perv Peter with him!

Take it from one who has sent at least 3 e-mails to IW complaining about Pope Pete's sexist, outdated and unfunny comments. All you get back when you sent them a complaint is a standard e-mail, full of platitudes about valuing your custom, saying they'll "look into it" (What are they looking into? A crystal ball?) and not addressing your specific complaint. The truth is they just don't care.

If I thought it would do any good, I'd complain to IW. Their website has a email address for C/S but I get the feeling It'd be ignored, or I'd be given some "round robin" reply that tells me they'll look into my complaint and do absolutely nothing about it. They must have known what he was like before they employed him, but I guess they think the viewers like a bit of banter - I do generally but I don't think a). That a shopping channel is quite the right vehicle for it and b.) I wouldn't call what comes out of his pie hole banter - He's a rude and sexist little oik, and IW need to send him back to the gutter that he crawled out of ...oh and he can take that slimy perv Peter with him!

I suppose it may be a waste of time, but I applaud your sentiment! I don't like his attitude or how he presents himself especially when he refers to guests etc, as "Darlin". I bet he must be an absolute delight at home! There are 3 presenters I turn off when they are on, and Gollum is one of them. The other 2 are also ex bid.

And that loud noise you can all hear is probably The Goddess clocking him one over the bonce with a ladder (an extending one, from IW, of course), followed by stitching up his gob with the latest line in sewing machines (that's if Pope Pete can ever work out how to show The Goddess how to operate one).:mysmilie_17:

Gollum's been on less than five minutes and he's already offended me. He's selling a mattress topper...so he's called a woman off screen, Lisa (who he says is an high ranking member of staff) to come onto the set and try out the mattress...."C'mon darling give it a try, she ran on, looking very embarrassed, sat down, said it was great etc" ran off again...and what did he say? Good job it's not the 10 o'clock show as you'd see us...basically implying he'd have raped her! DISGUSTING MAN! Hope he gets a ****** good ticking off for that....how dare he?

And of course women everywhere are just queued up round the block waiting for their chance with Barra Boy, (who is reputedly an ex-electrician, ex-builder, and former failed shopping TV channel presenter), aren't they? (Not). I'm sure he thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread, deluded or what? I just wish someone would reply to him on-air "I'm not your darlin', you creep". With apologies to electricians and builders all over the country.......

QUOTE=Dave;871130]I suppose it may be a waste of time, but I applaud your sentiment! I don't like his attitude or how he presents himself especially when he refers to guests etc, as "Darlin". I bet he must be an absolute delight at home! There are 3 presenters I turn off when they are on, and Gollum is one of them. The other 2 are also ex bid.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
De Knees says of the Plazzy Wellies with Velcro Fasteners : -

'I'd say if you put these on at 8.00am to go to work you'd still be comfortable in them at 8.00pm, 9.00pm.......'

Possibly so De Knees, but I bet your trotters would reek to high heaven.

Bring back Dr Cringles, at least they weren't this expensive :mysmilie_59:

When IW eventually meets it's demise, will we move onto the qvc forum and assist with the death of that channel too.

It seems we are a group of... company killing bastards lol

Latest posts

Back