Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

During yesterday's 8pm watch show, ol' Shaun "Nan Nanty-Nan" Ryan claimed that collectors were "on the phones", and this got me wondering if he could legally make such a claim without substantiated evidence. Or has it been proven that statements like that are permissible?

Nanty is quite happy to lie through his teeth with the best of them -for example claiming that the so called 'Thomas Earnshaw' is a heritage brand when the name was registered just a few years ago and has zero connection with the historic horologist and his long defunct company.
Even Mike Mason cannot bring himself to retail the fake connection and describes the current brand as a 'nod' to Earnshaw but Nanty has no such qualms.

Nanty is quite happy to lie through his teeth with the best of them -for example claiming that the so called 'Thomas Earnshaw' is a heritage brand when the name was registered just a few years ago and has zero connection with the historic horologist and his long defunct company.
Even Mike Mason cannot bring himself to retail the fake connection and describes the current brand as a 'nod' to Earnshaw but Nanty has no such qualms.

Quite Aqua. But of course Nanty himself is a Heritage Brand of sorts.

But not a well loved Heritage Brand mind, but rather one that just seems to always be there, providing the same old tried and (not?) trusted tripe such as ........

I wud av luvved Me Dad to av a Luggie, but not arf as much as I’d luv you to av a Luggie
I luv Me Mam so why not buy now Ladies. Remember Ladies, I really really luv Me Mam
D’ya know av been ere since Day 1, did I mention it?

The time must just fly by in his house. That Cat he lives with mustn’t half be bored :mysmilie_59:

518DB397-00ED-4606-B0B6-58F523B463A2.jpg

I thought I’d see how things are going on TrustPilot for Ideal World. Has there been an improvement?

Regrettably, no. Their Trust Score is just 0.9 out of 10 which is ‘Bad’. I think that’s the worst TrustPilot rating possible.

The latest complaints include : -

A Mathey Tissot Watch costing £300 that, unbelievably, has an unrepairable Plastic Movement. Also, the Watch didn’t fit the Customer but they won’t issue a refund as he had to cut off the Security Tag as it stuck to his wrist when he tried the Watch on.
Punters being charged £10+ calling Ideal World’s Premium 09 Phone Number merely to speak to Customer Services.
No replies to emails or posts on Facebook.
Halogen Ovens that only work for 10 minutes and no replies to emails regarding a refund.
Faulty Gazebos that were not collected at the agreed time.
Complaints regarding the veracity of ‘Reviews’.
Lawnmowers that are ‘rubbish’ within a year. And that they no longer stock Hedgetrimmer batteries that also conked out within a year.
Plants being shoved through Letterboxes.
Pick of The Day ‘Deals’ which are, perhaps, not quite the bargain that the Goons paint them to be.
Issues with FlexiPay which has even involved Debt Collectors.
And there are yet more complaints about the quality of STK Phones.

Let’s hope they can resolve these ongoing problems :mysmilie_59:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.idealworld.tv

I also hate the way the Earnshaw name is used to sell a watch that has nothing to do with the original watch maker. They simply have used the name of a well respected horologist to sell what is obviously a mediocre watch brand!

The Viking electric bikes also spring to mind. The guest presenter saying that Viking know what they are doing, as they have been making bikes for 150 years. Not true, the original Viking company in Wolverhampton went out of business in 1967, the bikes are now assembled in Northern Ireland from Chinese parts.

I also hate the way the Earnshaw name is used to sell a watch that has nothing to do with the original watch maker. They simply have used the name of a well respected horologist to sell what is obviously a mediocre watch brand!

The Viking electric bikes also spring to mind. The guest presenter saying that Viking know what they are doing, as they have been making bikes for 150 years. Not true, the original Viking company in Wolverhampton went out of business in 1967, the bikes are now assembled in Northern Ireland from Chinese parts.

Indeed Radio Dayz. And those ‘RCA’ Tablets have nothing to do with the famous (but long defunct) RCA Electronics Company either.

It’s just another of Nanty’s beloved ‘Heritage Brand’ names that is used by White Label Chinese Manufacturers with the permission of Technicolor (who own the RCA Electronics Brand) in a licensing arrangement.

And products bearing the Tower or Russell Hobbs brand name are manufactured or sourced from a company called RKW. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with these products it’s just that they probably have little (if anything) to do with their ‘heritage’, despite what the Goons say.

I recall that Dirty Peter got caught out by the ASA when he was on Bid for banging on about ’Viners’ being a great British Manufacturer from Sheffield when they hadn’t manufactured anything in Sheffield for donkeys years :mysmilie_59:

I remember the Viners thing on Bid - Peter Simon banging on about Sheffield when they were made in Korea.
I didn't know there was an ASA on it though -glad if there was !
Most of the other names mentioned have a spurious legitimacy insofar as there is a licensing agreement , but the Earnshaw brand is just plundered out of thin air - rather like getting a Chinese telescope manufacturer to brand a product as 'Galileo' and then claiming a link to the original.

I remember the Viners thing on Bid - Peter Simon banging on about Sheffield when they were made in Korea.
I didn't know there was an ASA on it though -glad if there was !
Most of the other names mentioned have a spurious legitimacy insofar as there is a licensing agreement , but the Earnshaw brand is just plundered out of thin air - rather like getting a Chinese telescope manufacturer to brand a product as 'Galileo' and then claiming a link to the original.

Here’s Dirty Peter’s little Viners mistake for you to read Aqua.

That was over 4 years ago but can we honestly say that Dirty Peter has changed much? :mysmilie_59:

https://www.asa.org.uk/rulings/sit-up-ltd-a13-245692.html

Watching Barra Boy and Kevinski last night on the watch hour, the first watch on was a Mathey Tissot watch priced at £2,099. There was only one left, and Mikey said that there were five people after it. A quarter hour later, there were even more people after it. At the end of the show, it was still available.

How difficult it must be to buy that watch. All of those people unable to purchase that watch in 60 minutes. Did they have to answer a questionnaire to ensure they were the kind of person worthy of owning such a prestigious timepiece?

The mind boggles.

Watching Barra Boy and Kevinski last night on the watch hour, the first watch on was a Mathey Tissot watch priced at £2,099. There was only one left, and Mikey said that there were five people after it. A quarter hour later, there were even more people after it. At the end of the show, it was still available.

How difficult it must be to buy that watch. All of those people unable to purchase that watch in 60 minutes. Did they have to answer a questionnaire to ensure they were the kind of person worthy of owning such a prestigious timepiece?

The mind boggles.

And it’s still available now Radio Dayz. But as you said, there’s only 1 left.

Anyway, forget Mathey Tissot. At 10.00pm tonight we have Little GOLLUM and Caroline Garrard presenting an hour of Constantin Weisz Timepieces.

I hope Caroline Garrard talks about her time working ‘at’ The Royal Jewellers. I do wish she’d tell us more about her role there :mysmilie_59:

DC152C49-2A67-4598-9AB7-5B9A45BEB7AB.jpg

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/mathey-tissot-gents-edmond-limited-edition-to-100pcs-1886-calibre-98-watch-with-ip-plated-black-case-genuine-leather-strap-luxury-display-box-pen-447587?query=fh_view_size%3d24%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fidealworld%252fen_GB%252fcategories%40lt%3b%257bidealworld_1005%257d%252fcategories%40lt%3b%257bidealworld_1005_1495%257d%252fbrand_iw%40gt%3b%257bmathey20tissot%257d%26fh_sort%3d-onair_iw%252c-hasimage_iw%252c-new_iw%252c-salescash_iw%252c-stock_iw%252c-item_visible_iw%252c-average_overall_rating_iw

The mind boggles.

I wonder how they can get away with doing that... surely it is flat out lying?

I love how you can tell it was Dirty Peter who made those comments! And the company defending him saying "well he never actually said it was made in Sheffield"

Well Mutts, even though it’s kinda obvious it’s something that Dirty Peter would say I have a confession.......

I know it was him as I know who blew him up :mysmilie_19:

Looks like they’re flogging off those awful STK Bricks half price (with a voucher code) and yet, astonishingly, they still want £56 in!

But just look at the 30 reviews. Ideal World (sadly true to form) place the only 2 positive reviews right at the top of the list. Every single other one of the next 28 reviews absolutely slate it with comments such as : -

It looks good, but that’s all about all it does
Only buy if you have no other choice
Very poor
Do not buy this phone
Rubbish
Rubbish (again)
Please do not buy this product as it is rubbish
Absolute rubbish
Awful
Hopeless
Awful waste of money
Useless
Worst Mobile ever had

I guess they didn’t like it then? But it kind of proves those terrible Trust Pilot reviews are kosher :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/product-440240

Looks like they’re flogging off those awful STK Bricks half price (with a voucher code) and yet, astonishingly, they still want £56 in!

But just look at the 30 reviews. Ideal World (sadly true to form) place the only 2 positive reviews right at the top of the list. Every single other one of the next 28 reviews absolutely slate it with comments such as : -

Very poor
Do not buy this phone
Rubbish
Rubbish (again)
Absolute rubbish
Awful
Hopeless
Awful waste of money
Useless
Worst Mobile ever had

I guess they didn’t like it then? But it kind of proves those terrible Trust Pilot reviews are kosher :mysmilie_59:

Had to have a giggle at the above comments, but for Ideal World, they are pretty good.

Very poor
Do not buy this phone
Rubbish
Rubbish (again)
Absolute rubbish
Awful
Hopeless
Awful waste of money
Useless
Worst Mobile ever had

As Mr Dave said, sounds quite promising for an IW product.

As Mr Dave said, sounds quite promising for an IW product.

There’s one comment asking why Janice was putting her name to this phone.

I’d say ‘Because she is a Tech Expert’ :mysmilie_19:

Maybe Granny Apple’s ‘expertise’ is better used on Hochanda shilling Crayons? :mysmilie_59:

There’s one comment asking why Janice was putting her name to this phone.

I’d say ‘Because she is a Tech Expert’ :mysmilie_19:

Maybe Granny Apple’s ‘expertise’ is better used on Hochanda shilling Crayons? :mysmilie_59:

I assume Janice is doing well over there? I've not managed to catch her on there yet. (I've not exactly tried to either)

I assume Janice is doing well over there? I've not managed to catch her on there yet. (I've not exactly tried to either)

Don’t blame you Mr T, I haven’t exactly been following her career either.

I suppose those types of people don’t really care what they’re selling, just so long as they’re selling.

Ripoff iPad’s with cobwebs, THE worst sounding Android Phone ever, Lighty Uppy Jalopy Jukeboxes, Exorbitant Ceramic Heaters, even Crayons. It seemingly matters not a jot.

I guess they’ll shill anything for a fee :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back