Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mikey's opening comment on the launch of the Alcatel phone deal of the day. " How much do you think this phone casts, £500 , £450.....?"

Sure Mikey, it has a 720p screen, 1 Gig of ram and 16 Gigs of Rom, it must be really expensive!!

Well, it's the same price of £99.99 as usual, but with free postage.

If you want this super phone, you must be quick, as Mikey says, it probably wont last the night.

Wanna bet?

Mikey's opening comment on the launch of the Alcatel phone deal of the day. " How much do you think this phone casts, £500 , £450.....?"

Sure Mikey, it has a 720p screen, 1 Gig of ram and 16 Gigs of Rom, it must be really expensive!!

Well, it's the same price of £99.99 as usual, but with free postage.

If you want this super phone, you must be quick, as Mikey says, it probably wont last the night.

Wanna bet?

£500? :mysmilie_19:

It’s only 3G, and they want £100?

It may well be a perfectly functional, low spec phone but some people must have dough to burn if they pay a Ton for it (either that or they are mug enough to believe anything an Ideal World Goon says!) :mysmilie_59:

During the Watch hour, Kevinski said "if my wife is watching, buy two of these phones". That was in between Mikey checking the prices of a couple of Watches, as the price must clearly have been wrong as the prices seemed far too low!

Yawn!!!

During the Watch hour, Kevinski said "if my wife is watching, buy two of these phones". That was in between Mikey checking the prices of a couple of Watches, as the price must clearly have been wrong as the prices seemed far too low!

Yawn!!!

I would urge all viewers to also check the prices of all Ideal World’s Phones and Watches. I agree that the prices must be wrong.

Kevski is back with Nanty at 10.00pm tonight with ‘Collectible Timepieces’. It looks like a Bermuda Watch will be offered to all of those Collectors that Nanty tells us are queuing up on the phone lines.

When Kevski’s very own Bermuda Watches first appeared on screen (some 1-2 years ago) some us on here noticed that the Bermuda Watch Company website was kinda short on information : -

Under the ‘Our Story’ section there was no Our Story.
Under the ‘Contact Us’ section there was a dummy Phone Number of 123456789.
Under the ‘Social’ section there were no Social Media links.
Under the ‘Delivery Information’ section there was no Delivery Information.
Under the ‘Terms & Conditions’ section there were no Terms & Conditions.

Nearly 2 years on and there’s still no such information.

It’s a bit surprising as Kevski is usually a mine of information, you could say he’s full of it :mysmilie_59:

http://bermudawatchcompany.com/index.php?route=common/home

I would urge all viewers to also check the prices of all Ideal World’s Phones and Watches. I agree that the prices must be wrong.

Kevski is back with Nanty at 10.00pm tonight with ‘Collectible Timepieces’. It looks like a Bermuda Watch will be offered to all of those Collectors that Nanty tells us are queuing up on the phone lines.

When Kevski’s very own Bermuda Watches first appeared on screen (some 1-2 years ago) some us on here noticed that the Bermuda Watch Company website was kinda short on information : -

Under the ‘Our Story’ section there was no Our Story.
Under the ‘Contact Us’ section there was a dummy Phone Number of 123456789.
Under the ‘Social’ section there were no Social Media links.
Under the ‘Delivery Information’ section there was no Delivery Information.
Under the ‘Terms & Conditions’ section there were no Terms & Conditions.

Nearly 2 years on and there’s still no such information.

It’s a bit surprising as Kevski is usually a mine of information, you could say he’s full of it :mysmilie_59:

http://bermudawatchcompany.com/index.php?route=common/home

I know what he's full of, 4 letters, rhymes with grit!

I know what he's full of, 4 letters, rhymes with grit!

I get you Dave :mysmilie_19:

Like most people I hate the idea of a punter falling for the BS spewed by this lot. I have to say though that if anyone cannot see that Kevski appears more than a bit schlocky then I can’t help feeling they get what they deserve.

In my opinion only that Proto Col creep comes anywhere near as close to Kevski in the schlockiness stakes.

Team either of them two up with SHREQUE and it’s literally a Snake Oil Salesman Fest :mysmilie_59:

I watched a little bit of one of the Alcatel phone shows.....my god. "It has 16gigs of storage, which is massive" should you tell him or shall I?

Gollum: "this phone does things that mine can't do"

Ok then, get out your rubbish phone and order one of these live on air :) I'm betting nearly every single presenter involved with the Alcatel shows owns either an iPhone or high end android phone and wouldn't swap them for anything.

I object to 720p being referred to HD as well. True HD is 1080p and above of course. And it's amazing 8 megapixel camera. Wow, 8 megapixels, unheard of on a phone :mysmilie_11:

Still boggles the mind how they present it as though viewers haven't got a single clue as to what a smartphone is.

I watched a little bit of one of the Alcatel phone shows.....my god. "It has 16gigs of storage, which is massive" should you tell him or shall I?

Gollum: "this phone does things that mine can't do"

Ok then, get out your rubbish phone and order one of these live on air :) I'm betting nearly every single presenter involved with the Alcatel shows owns either an iPhone or high end android phone and wouldn't swap them for anything.

I object to 720p being referred to HD as well. True HD is 1080p and above of course. And it's amazing 8 megapixel camera. Wow, 8 megapixels, unheard of on a phone :mysmilie_11:

Still boggles the mind how they present it as though viewers haven't got a single clue as to what a smartphone is.

But wait a bit, didn't the camera interpolate to13 megapixels.

They're full of it for sure.

Indeed Radio Dayz. But at least this blower can’t possibly be worse than an STK!

But this Alcatel 3C is available with various specs. It seems the model on Ideal World (3G) is a lower spec option of the range and was originally designed for the Indian market.

For £8 more you can buy the 4G version that was designed for the European market from Appliances Direct which to me doesn’t seem too bad a deal really.

But £100 for a 3G Phone does seem terribly steep, even worse it will go back up to £130 :mysmilie_13:

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/5026d-2aalgb1/alcatel-5026d2aalgb1-3c-smartphone

The Alcatel promo went on about the phone camera being "up to 13 megapixels" (as misleading as hell) whilst Peter Volauvent at least mentioned the rear camera actually being 8 megapixels that can interpolate up to 13 megapixels (don't think I've heard the term 'interpolate' used for a phone camera since 2013).

Another misleading point spotted was when Peter was telling everyone "you could watch any movie you want online". Not just "any movie" may not be available online, but no mention of any subscription charges that may be required or that you may need to subscribe to more than one service in order to watch different specific movies, which for a sales pitch ostensibly aimed at an older smartphone rookie is downright mis-selling by any standard. Surely the Advertising Standards Authority ought to take an interest in that?

Plus I never saw/heard anyone say it was a 3G-only phone last night.

The Alcatel promo went on about the phone camera being "up to 13 megapixels" (as misleading as hell) whilst Peter Volauvent at least mentioned the rear camera actually being 8 megapixels that can interpolate up to 13 megapixels (don't think I've heard the term 'interpolate' used for a phone camera since 2013).

Another misleading point spotted was when Peter was telling everyone "you could watch any movie you want online". Not just "any movie" may not be available online, but no mention of any subscription charges that may be required or that you may need to subscribe to more than one service in order to watch different specific movies, which for a sales pitch ostensibly aimed at an older smartphone rookie is downright mis-selling by any standard. Surely the Advertising Standards Authority ought to take an interest in that?

Plus I never saw/heard anyone say it was a 3G-only phone last night.

I’m not in the least bit surprised they failed to mention this handset is only 3G capable PP.

The description on the website also doesn’t explicitly say it is 3G either, a term I think we’d agree is understood by most people, but rather says it is UMTS which is a far less well known term for 3G. Surely this is bound to confuse some folks?

What may also confuse is, as I mentioned previously, the Alcatel 3C also has a 4G model which seems more widely available to buy in the UK than the 3G model being sold by Ideal World which I believe is primarily for sale in India.

I suspect when the reviews start rolling in they’ll no doubt have returns as I fancy some people will google ‘Alcatel 3C’ and presume it’s the 4G model, which it most certainly is not.

Whether this is to deliberately confuse by design is debatable. What isn’t debatable is that £100 for a 3G Phone is very expensive, with the usual price of £130 approaching sheer ripoff territory.

For me it’s just another disingenuous description of a product being sold by Ideal World, in my opinion. :mysmilie_59:

Indeed Radio Dayz. But at least this blower can’t possibly be worse than an STK!

But this Alcatel 3C is available with various specs. It seems the model on Ideal World (3G) is a lower spec option of the range and was originally designed for the Indian market.

For £8 more you can buy the 4G version that was designed for the European market from Appliances Direct which to me doesn’t seem too bad a deal really.

But £100 for a 3G Phone does seem terribly steep, even worse it will go back up to £130 :mysmilie_13:

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/p/5026d-2aalgb1/alcatel-5026d2aalgb1-3c-smartphone

You can get an Elephone S8 from Gearbest which is 4G, 4Gig of ram, 64 Gig of rom, a 21 Megapiel camera and a 2K resolution screen for £160. So £130 for the Alcatel is just a great rip off. But it seems the Alcatel is good enough for Kevski as he told his wife to buy two of them.
https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_708424.html?wid=1817324

Last edited:
You can get an Elephone S8 from Gearbest which is 4G, 4Gig of ram, 64 Gig of rom, a 21 Megapiel camera and a 2K resolution screen for £160. So £130 for the Alcatel is just a great rip off. But it seems the Alcatel is good enough for Kevski as he told his wife to buy two of them.
https://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_708424.html?wid=1817324

I agree Radio Dayz. £100 is bad enough for a 2000’s technology 3G phone but £130 is just exorbitant.

Kevski has a Wife? Something tells me she doesn’t wear a Vostok. In fact something tells me neither does Kevski :mysmilie_59:

I agree Radio Dayz. £100 is bad enough for a 2000’s technology 3G phone but £130 is just exorbitant.

Kevski has a Wife? Something tells me she doesn’t wear a Vostok. In fact something tells me neither does Kevski :mysmilie_59:

He wears a 50mm monster ana-digi when he goes skiing, or so he says.

I lost my Tissot (a genuine original Swiss one) when I was toboganning.

Was very upset, it was a 21st birthday present.

Bad luck Strato.

May I suggest you purchase a Hugo Schwarze Timepiece from Ideal World as a replacement?

But do check your House Insurance first, you may need to take out a separate policy for it :mysmilie_59:

2C6D2178-3075-47E8-B56C-C4287BC29635.jpg

Talking of watches, Kevski tonight launched his latest Mathey-Tissot creation, namely their new generation of 'Rolly' Rolex rip-off. Kevski helpfully informed us that it was launched "outside of the Basel watch show" as if it was something truly special but in reality either done because it wasn't worthy of the watch show or that they didn't want to antagonise the copyright lawyers at Rolex :mysmilie_59:

It's basically the same watch as last year but in "this year's colours", which tells you all you need to know.

Talking of watches, Kevski tonight launched his latest Mathey-Tissot creation, namely their new generation of 'Rolly' Rolex rip-off. Kevski helpfully informed us that it was launched "outside of the Basel watch show" as if it was something truly special but in reality either done because it wasn't worthy of the watch show or that they didn't want to antagonise the copyright lawyers at Rolex :mysmilie_59:

It's basically the same watch as last year but in "this year's colours", which tells you all you need to know.

It’s clear from reading posts from knowledgable people on various Watch Collector websites that today’s Mathey Tissot Watches are just a Selly Telly type brand like Stuhrling and Constantin Weisz are.

It appears they are not remotely like the Mathey Tissot watches of old. Some of their Vintage Timepieces are highly sought after, then again they seem genuinely rare.

Let’s face it, If Mathey Tissot in 2018 were really high end would they be sold on Selly Telly by characters like Kevin Reynolds, Paul Becque, Mike Mason, Shaun Ryan and Peter Simon? That lot are the Turkey Twizzlers of Shopping TV.

Using the name ‘Rolly’ kinda sums it up doesn’t it? :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back