Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone noticed how the models on IW and QVC are increasingly positioning themselves as the stars of the show?

It was a lot better in the old days when they had Friday Fashion with Loen. She and Lyn(ne) seemed to have a genuine rapport and bounced off each other really well. It made a good show. It went to the dogs once Genevieve took over and started her shrieking and screaming, and it's deteriorated since with Sally Jacks.

Loen, there's a bast from the past. I quite liked her, wonder what she is up to now.

I saw Lyn(ne) on with Peter Simon the other evening when they had a god awful polyester combo as POTD. I felt sorry for her as he was right up close to her giving us his uninformed opinion on what constitutes fashion.

See Sheila on Pavers TV quite a bit

On 23rd July Dave left five star reviews for four watches unusually of which no pictures or details are shown.

In his reviews he frequently uses phrases like " Just buy it ", " just get this " and " Just buy this ".

Seem familiar ?????.

Just saying

On 23rd July Dave left five star reviews for four watches unusually of which no pictures or details are shown.

In his reviews he frequently uses phrases like " Just buy it ", " just get this " and " Just buy this ".

Seem familiar ?????.

Just saying

No way... actually getting Peter Simon to write reviews?

Seem familiar ?????.

Just saying

It's not that Peter is writing Dave's reviews , it's just that Dave spends so much time watching Peter he has started to sound like him.
I hear that Dave's wife is not too happy either, as he keeps calling her 'Bet' .

Ellie May Clampett and Creepy Crawley present another ‘Furniture Collection’ Blockbuster at 10:00pm.

In addition to the usual Plazzy Bin Bags they’re offering a Leather Care Kit, but I’m not sure why.

And in keeping with the man made theme you can add a Faux Sheepskin Back Rest to finish off the George & Mildred look.

All on Flexipay, can you resist? :mysmilie_59:

Ellie May Clampett and Creepy Crawley present another ‘Furniture Collection’ Blockbuster at 10:00pm.

In addition to the usual Plazzy Bin Bags they’re offering a Leather Care Kit, but I’m not sure why.

And in keeping with the man made theme you can add a Faux Sheepskin Back Rest to finish off the George & Mildred look.

All on Flexipay, can you resist? :mysmilie_59:

Speaking of the leather cleaning product , last week Creepy said of it 'You can pay £50 for something like this !' to which his co-presenter ( Julian ?) said 'that was me £49.99 I paid!'.
I googled leather furniture cleaner and there was nothing even remotely approaching £50.
Same with the bonded leather chair- Denise stated that 'you know and I know you can easily pay £1000 for something like this !'
Similarly a google search for bonded leather chair revealed that there is nobody is charging anything like £1000.
Makes you sick !

Last edited:
Had an email earlier, seems that Joe, Roley Poley Remblance has been relegated to create and craft as from September. Perhaps the cooking related stuff may be on the back burner. I do see the same old tat keeps returning, and very little new stuff these days. Sounds a bit suspect me thinks?

Had an email earlier, seems that Joe, Roley Poley Remblance has been relegated to create and craft as from September. Perhaps the cooking related stuff may be on the back burner. I do see the same old tat keeps returning, and very little new stuff these days. Sounds a bit suspect me thinks?

First Hochanda steals our ‘Tech Expert’ Janice and now C&C poach ‘Chef’ Joe.

Cuisine will never be the same :mysmilie_59:

F45FA808-848E-4434-A111-4153DC06793E.jpg2374B352-2E53-4882-95A8-81D339B763BB.jpg

Caught some of a repeat of the show for the Energizer phone yesterday. This is the 5.5 inch screen one which they are flogging for £90 saying that it really is "cutting edge technology" - thanks Peter!

But weren't they selling the superior model the other day (the 6 inch screen one) for a tenner more?

Dirty Peter trying to pretend he knows all the tech jargon and informs us "it has a 13 megapixel camera on the back and an 8 migapaxel one at the front" it is actually a 5 meg one on the front. But his tech knowledge really shone through there as he informed us of the migapaxels :mysmilie_19:

Vol au vent was once again saying how it was amazing for watching tv and movies on. Even though a couple of days before he was telling us a phone was small and blurry when he was shilling the 10 inch tablet :)

Best bit though, is DP claiming they were going to sell out before the end of the hour. This was a repeat show some 2 days later than the original air date, and yep, they still have stock. Despite having shown that show god knows how many times. Stock must be flying out :/

Caught some of a repeat of the show for the Energizer phone yesterday. This is the 5.5 inch screen one which they are flogging for £90 saying that it really is "cutting edge technology" - thanks Peter!

But weren't they selling the superior model the other day (the 6 inch screen one) for a tenner more?

Dirty Peter trying to pretend he knows all the tech jargon and informs us "it has a 13 megapixel camera on the back and an 8 migapaxel one at the front" it is actually a 5 meg one on the front. But his tech knowledge really shone through there as he informed us of the migapaxels :mysmilie_19:

Vol au vent was once again saying how it was amazing for watching tv and movies on. Even though a couple of days before he was telling us a phone was small and blurry when he was shilling the 10 inch tablet :)

Best bit though, is DP claiming they were going to sell out before the end of the hour. This was a repeat show some 2 days later than the original air date, and yep, they still have stock. Despite having shown that show god knows how many times. Stock must be flying out :/

We must never take any notice of an Ideal World Goon’s spiel, particularly Dirty Peter. In fairness most Selly Telly stooges like to spin but nothing like this lot, they’re Bid TV to their bones and now even have their old owner!

The appalling De Knees was recently criticising the price of the iPad, which apparently do nothing more (or according to them arguably less) than an Alcatel Android device which is a bit rich given Ideal World’s history of shilling really ancient iPads for obscene extortionate prices.

By all accounts these Energizer phones do what they say, which in fairness isn’t much. It appears that the battery life is indeed extended compared to stock budget handsets.

Of course in the real world this selling point, for most people, isn’t really a selling point at all. Most us take it for granted to charge our phones every day and are rarely in situations when charging isn’t an option. Of course this could just be yet another example of Ideal World showing utter contempt for their ‘stupid old audience’ that they possibly assume can’t even remember to charge their phone and see an opportunity to shill yet more crap to them.

If you really need a phone with a relatively extended life battery then buy one. Also buy one if you want a very large, heavy, low spec, overpriced handset.

This channel is archaic. I doubt there’s any helping it :mysmilie_59:

I'd call it a promotion as it's probably the only thing in the company that actually makes money.

3 instances of Dirty Pete announcing the phone was £30 with no caveat of Flexi-pay during the crappo Energiser phone.

I think a call to the ASA is in order. Naughty Pete.

First Hochanda steals our ‘Tech Expert’ Janice and now C&C poach ‘Chef’ Joe.

Cuisine will never be the same :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 15969View attachment 15970
I wonder if they've moved Joe because of his food hygiene standards or lack of them? I'm sure I saw Joe recently touch the handle of an appliance immediately after handling raw meat which of course is something you shouldn't do, or at least never do without washing your hands then cleaning the appliance. His lack of hand washing when seen on-camera was most concerning (this happened at least when I was watching); I know it's a sales demonstration first and foremost but at least they should show good practice as a matter of courtesy if nothing else.

And if they gave staff the food to eat afterwards... :puke:

New Uk drone regulations come into force today.

Always keep the drone within sight
Keep 500ft away from crowds and/or built up areas, if your drone is equipped with a camera
Stay 150ft away from people and buildings, if your drone is equipped with a camera
Avoid flying over or 150ft near to open areas with more than 1,000 people present.

Wonder if the shouty drone man will mention it

3 instances of Dirty Pete announcing the phone was £30 with no caveat of Flexi-pay during the crappo Energiser phone.

I think a call to the ASA is in order. Naughty Pete.

What he does which especially irks me, is say something like it's £30 on three flexis. Which worded that way, could mean £30 divided by three. When of course, it is £30 multiplied by 3. It's a small thing, but I'm sure he does it in purpose.

An example of how PS thinks his audience are complete idiots.

The other day while he was flogging a watch he said "I want this" A minute later, "I hope our bet gets me this". (yes it looks like Bet is back on the scene)Then it was "I just bought this". He must have done that by the power of his mind, because he never picked up a phone! Then, as it sold out he came out with "I hope our Bet got me this"

He must take us all for mugs and think we can't remember what he's aid a few moments earlier!

New Uk drone regulations come into force today.

Always keep the drone within sight
Keep 500ft away from crowds and/or built up areas, if your drone is equipped with a camera
Stay 150ft away from people and buildings, if your drone is equipped with a camera
Avoid flying over or 150ft near to open areas with more than 1,000 people present.

Wonder if the shouty drone man will mention it
Basically means you can't fly a drone in any built-up area unless it doesn't have a camera, or even in a large park unless it isn't crowded, etc., which more or less renders the product useless for many Ideal World viewers unless they're prepared to travel to a quiet countryside location each time they want to use it. Perhaps that's the reason why the drone has featured on Ideal World quite a lot recently, namely they're quickly clearing stock because they know that sales will tank.

Latest posts

Back