Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

4th generation can't believe the prices yet again. 'it doesn't make any sense, who's coming up with the prices?'

He also gets emails and calls asking if there's any more watches 🤣

Change of script needed.

I was trying to reply to this on my phone but not sure if just me, this forum runs like a dog on it, so I've had to fire up my PC. The ads etc on here are ridiculous! Maybe I need a new phone off IW ... nah!!!

Yeah the young guy is basically coming across as a bit if a tw*t, I reckon even Mike M might be sitting there thinking 'turn it down a bit mate!' There again ...

He's going on and on and on and ON about the ridiculous prices, why was the show allowed to go to air etc etc etc.

YOU REPRESENT THE COMPANY YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER $!@!!&!$*@#£%&!!!!!!!

STOP
TRYING
TO
ACT
AS
IF
THE
PRICES
ARE
A
SURPRISE
TO
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to add to it, Mike M chips in with 'zeros missing I reckon!' Note he said zeroS ... plural ... so at least two zeros. So the watch they're selling for £129.99 should be selling for £12,900.99 ?!?!?!?

I was trying to reply to this on my phone but not sure if just me, this forum runs like a dog on it, so I've had to fire up my PC. The ads etc on here are ridiculous! Maybe I need a new phone off IW ... nah!!!

Yeah the young guy is basically coming across as a bit if a tw*t, I reckon even Mike M might be sitting there thinking 'turn it down a bit mate!' There again ...

He's going on and on and on and ON about the ridiculous prices, why was the show allowed to go to air etc etc etc.

YOU REPRESENT THE COMPANY YOU COMPLETE AND UTTER $!@!!&!$*@#£%&!!!!!!!

STOP
TRYING
TO
ACT
AS
IF
THE
PRICES
ARE
A
SURPRISE
TO
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to add to it, Mike M chips in with 'zeros missing I reckon!' Note he said zeroS ... plural ... so at least two zeros. So the watch they're selling for £129.99 should be selling for £12,900.99 ?!?!?!?
Just to add to my rant last night, he started S&E in 2018, hardly 4 generations of watch making history. He's a liar, and is misleading consumers.

Just to add to my rant last night, he started S&E in 2018, hardly 4 generations of watch making history. He's a liar, and is misleading consumers.
Have to admit he does come across as a bit of a modern day Del Boy, only difference is Del Boy had some endearing qualities.

He mentioned something last night about their movements being hand made. 120 components put together by hand. Really? No, surely not! I'd have thought S&E would have collaborated with NASA to develop a robot that could automatically work at that granular level ;)

Have to admit he does come across as a bit of a modern day Del Boy, only difference is Del Boy had some endearing qualities.

He mentioned something last night about their movements being hand made. 120 components put together by hand. Really? No, surely not! I'd have thought S&E would have collaborated with NASA to develop a robot that could automatically work at that granular level ;)

Yeah, the git has absolutely no endearing qualities, probably the worst of the guests for outright lies and misinformation.

I'm waiting for the show, where he comes out with the £1000 tourbillion that's on his web site, probably be knocking hundreds off for IW. No doubt he'll be insinuating it was Swan & edgar British watchmakers/designers that produced the watches and all assembled painstaking by hand by his highly skilled team. Peter Simon will probably claim greatest watch ever, you must insure.

Strangely the movement in it looks like the movement in the £370 Guanqin tourbillion, watches have the same specs and even have the same box.

Here we go again tonight.

Another old watch name resurrected, Duxot. More made in China with standard Seiko movements from the Dartmouth Brands.

Can see it being another, rich history & heritage, bargain introductory prices, check the price on their web site, carry on etc. :rolleyes:

Here we go again tonight.

Another old watch name resurrected, Duxot. More made in China with standard Seiko movements from the Dartmouth Brands.

Can see it being another, rich history & heritage, bargain introductory prices, check the price on their web site, carry on etc. :rolleyes:
If it's a certain presenter, what odds would I get for guessing he'll almost certainly refer to them as Dulux at least once ;)

Program hasn't even started and Shaun has already started in a quick mention for the show later.

'Duxot was a micro Swiss brand from the 1950s, that disappeared for a little while, when all the quartz movements came in, and is now back. One of the biggest finds that we've had this year when it comes to new watch brands, they are amazing. Fabulous movements in them and we've got huge savings.'

Disappeared for a little while and now back? :ROFLMAO:

He'll no doubt be wanting to add to his 'collection' that he hasn't got

Have you noticed they don't say buyers so much now, it's 'collectors'?

It sounds better to potential buyers if you say 'collectors' are buying. An uninformed viewer will be going, oh watch collectors are buying these, they must be more knowledgeable on watches than just your average punter, so they must be good.

But having read some of the reviews from so called collectors on their web site, I question the knowledgeable part.:eek: :D

He'll no doubt be wanting to add to his 'collection' that he hasn't got

Have you noticed they don't say buyers so much now, it's 'collectors'?
Falls into the indirect / subliminal technique of making the buyer feel more important, make them feel as though they're part of a VIP group of like-minded people. 'Collect' this, 'invest' in that, 'discerning' viewers ... blah blah blah.

In reality selly telly, like most retailers, couldn't give two hoots who's buying, as long as they're buying ;) and don't let them try to convince you otherwise.

Latest posts

Back