Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What I don't get is why they would think their business requires a 'popular entertainer', even a real one.

And there's lies the problem. They don't seem to know what they are but I do. They're on their way out.

Does anyone else think that Digital Dan looks a cross between Ant & Tyrion from Game of Thrones?

View attachment 11189View attachment 11190View attachment 11191

I've been thinking he looks more like Tyrone Dobbs from Corrie...

Good to see Wirral back. Remember him from the bid tv forum days.

Hi Mr T, I took a long break from watching any telly shopping after the demise of Bid and then, lo and behold, what did I stumble across?

Bid :mysmilie_59:

Basically, Digital Dan is just IW's equivalent of Will IT on QVC, with the benefit that we don't really see him on the live shows, just being irritating in the VTs.

Hi Mr T, I took a long break from watching any telly shopping after the demise of Bid and then, lo and behold, what did I stumble across?

Bid :mysmilie_59:

Seems to be no coincidence that I also revisited this forum after seeing that dreadful £20 presentation. Liquidation here we come...

(I feel sorry for all the 'genuine' staff who are now in real danger of imminently losing their jobs.)

I'm like the majority, I don't let a presenter influence what I buy in anyway whatsoever, but like I've said before, a customer won't watch the whole hour if a Bid reject is on, just smash and grab from the website so I don't see it going into liquidation, I do however see viewing figures for IW dropping because the Twateratti are on.......a lot! Good job the majority of what they sell is on the website never to venture on to TV, that's probably were their sales come from, and not a Twateratti in sight. :mysmilie_378:

Heard Poo Poo, say on a Nutribullet hour, if he feels anybody he sees is overweight he will tell them, and let them know he works for a company,who sells something which could help him.

Sorry but if I was that person, I would have probably have kicked Poo Poo up the bum, and he would have landed back in wales

Heard Poo Poo, say on a Nutribullet hour, if he feels anybody he sees is overweight he will tell them, and let them know he works for a company,who sells something which could help him.

Sorry but if I was that person, I would have probably have kicked Poo Poo up the bum, and he would have landed back in wales

That sort of arrogance is more likely to loose customers than gain sales IMO

Let's just hope for that little idiots sake, that if and when he does think it's his place to tell someone they're overweight, that that person isn't on medication through illness that's making them overweight, he's such an arrogant little prick.

Jazzy, don't kick him up the bum for Gawd's sake - we'll be hearing even more about his rear end 'problems' then! :mysmilie_17: This bloke's a complete tool, and if he does ever tell people they're overweight and need Nutrigreenslime, then I hope they deal with him appropriately (he can then discuss his black eye problem).

Perhaps he should try out the reaction of some of his colleagues - I'd pay good money to see what they say!

I suspect Howard’s fat-shaming antics are rooted in his own fragile psychology, which causes him to project his own fears onto the world.

Whilst he likely feels a certainly superiority concerning his own slender frame (the illusion of power and control), the flip side is his absolute dread of putting on weight. This would partly explain his glaring superficiality (he’s obsessed with image and celebrity), and the neurotic focus on bodily functions.

On this last point, Howard does fit the bill for what’s known as an 'Anal retentive personality'. Such a person is stingy and tends to be a perfectionist. This condition has its origin in childhood toilet training, where a certain pleasure is derived from holding on to, or releasing bodily waste.

Given his track record on Ideal World, I’d say Howard is definitely in the ‘releasing’ category... CcQef3nW0AEe_CB.jpg

Appreciate this is Tjc but as discussed this is the ruling i mentioned a while back finally published today

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adju...-Channel-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_317048.aspx#.VulWZfnRgQQ

What really riles me is the Asa agree with every point i make Tjc dont even defend or attempt to defend a thing and still just the "dont show again in current form" punishment (if you can call it that)

I think it just goes to show that the ASA are a toothless Tiger! It's likely the JLC will get similar complaints along with all the "Fibs", and largely half truths we hear on other shopping channels. Is it worth the time complaining - yes, does it do any good, no. The good thing a number of strikes are being recorded and I hope one day it comes to bite them where it hurts most. Thanks' for sharing. :mysmilie_59:

Let's just hope for that little idiots sake, that if and when he does think it's his place to tell someone they're overweight, that that person isn't on medication through illness that's making them overweight, he's such an arrogant little prick.

He's just the same as GOLLUM in that respect. A pair of tiny little runts who are built like a 12 year old boy but because they're on 'telly' they feel comfortable looking down a camera lens to tell all 267 viewers they need to lose weight.

What Poo Poo should do is visit a Dentist and ask for a better fitting set of Dentures because he reminds me of Steptoe. And I wish he'd stop licking his horrible, permanently chapped lips. Just get some Blistex.

And I also wish he'd stop saying that when he goes back home he sounds really Welsh. Poo Poo, you ALWAYS sound really Welsh and there's nothing wrong with that boyo, it's the least of your worries.

But please, get your falsies fixed. The sight of you eating is quite revolting, you chew like a Camel :mysmilie_59:

Seems to be no coincidence that I also revisited this forum after seeing that dreadful £20 presentation. Liquidation here we come...

(I feel sorry for all the 'genuine' staff who are now in real danger of imminently losing their jobs.)

I hadn't watched in ages, I had no idea that Ideal World had been transformed into Bid. I'd forgotten all about the freak show, and then by chance I tuned into channel 654 and, wow!

I have no doubt this is a company that is seriously struggling, surely no flourishing retailer would carry on the way they do. And their reviews on ALL of the independent review sites are as bad as I've ever seen for any retailer, they really are diabolical.

It's not just the Bid Goons that remind me of that long since defunct channel, the overall feel of Ideal World reeks of Bid's desperation in it's dying days.

It's a real shame, it really is. But when they hire the beyond dire Mike Mason and Peter Simon they must clearly think they are all that their audience deserves. With that being the case then I'm sorry, they've lost the plot.

They are on the way out :mysmilie_59:

These two show off's with the ghastly Scarflaces are truly excruciating to watch.

It's like watching the worst ever In Flight Safety Demo on a Budget Airline.

Terrible :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 131

Latest posts

Back