Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In all truth I feel that the way bid/ideal etc is being presented gives me the impression that they are simply looking to make a quick pound, with no real interest or regard for customer retention as they will simply move on to another business venture (and most people would be none the wiser) and the cycle continues.

In what other business would you take the bulk of a failed business... and get them to do the exact same behaviour.

There must be a method to the owners 'madness'.

They're a Private Equity company (as were the previous owners). They'll no doubt be slashing costs and maximizing cash for them to withdraw. I believe they don't even need to be profits. It's all about what's in the pot, now.

And when the time is right they'll shill it onto someone else or dissolve it. Eitherway i'm sure they'll make a few bob, kerching :mysmilie_59:

There must be a method to the owners 'madness'.

They're a Private Equity company, they'll no doubt be slashing costs and maximizing cash for them to withdraw. I believe they don't even need to be profits. It's all about what's in the pot, now.

And when the time is right they'll shill it onto someone else or dissolve it. Eitherway i'm sure they'll make a few bob, kerching :mysmilie_59:

exactly what I was thinking mate.

So Shrieking Sal thinks that a woman has to be married to a rich man in order to buy herself a pair of trousers, does she? Interesting. Newsflash, Sal: 1) women these days are quite capable of earning their own money, thanks. 2) We're in 2016, not 1816 - although working at IW, you could be forgiven for not realising that.
Sally Jacks is shilling some 'Styled By' Tapered Trousers. She says:-

'You know when you look at them you think oh my gosh, you've got money' and 'you think, you're married to a very rich man'.

Let me tell you something. If I was married to a very rich man and he was happy with me wearing 95% Polyester Jethro Bodine Strides i'd divorce the mingebag and take him to the cleaners :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11250View attachment 11251

Did his Nan actually go to India or China to pick the tea, then? Hope she put the kettle on before she went..

Isn’t it great that we can all take advantage of such a wonderful coffee machine? You know, when I think back to what my Nan had to go through just to make me a cup of teaHa Ha :mysmilie_14:

How does he sleep at night? Jase puts Kalms in his Coffee, works a treat. Wise move Jase.

But he talks about his Nan in his sleep. And cruising :mysmilie_59:

So Shrieking Sal thinks that a woman has to be married to a rich man in order to buy herself a pair of trousers, does she? Interesting. Newsflash, Sal: 1) women these days are quite capable of earning their own money, thanks. 2) We're in 2016, not 1816 - although working at IW, you could be forgiven for not realising that.

Indeed, that did cross my mind too. It seems Ideal World is an ideal world if you like the past:-

Where women know their place and hang on their fellas every penny, gratefully
Where all the 'Chefs', ahem, are male with a token little woman Sarah who is 'just a domestic cook' and has to tolerate being spoken to like dirt by GOLLUM
Where gay guys seem to keep schtum for possible fear of upsetting people (i'm not saying if i'm 'a' Gay but I love me Mam and me Nan now just give me your £££££££££)
Where sexism appears perfectly acceptable
Where any item, whatsoever, of Man About The House Polyester clothing for £20+ delivered is considered a good deal let alone fashionable
Where iPad 4's are the laytist tecknollyjee

I could go on but you get the gist. It's grim, really grim, but weirdly entertaining :mysmilie_59:

Yes, says it all really, that Our Sal seems to think the height of a woman's ambition is to hook a man rich enough to pay for her twenty quid Polyester trousers, and that this is something we should be in awe of - nay, be proud of!!!! That a woman might want to buy her own would probably never enter Sal's head. It is car-crash stuff, and I freely admit I watch it as a guilty pleasure (ignoring any comments of "this channel is surreal" from the OH). I find it hilarious at times, but some of the comments they spout make you feel you've gone into a 1970's time warp - perhaps the channel should be re-christened "1970's Throwback Ideal World".
Indeed, that did cross my mind too. It seems Ideal World is an ideal world if you like the past:-

Where women know their place and hang on their fellas every penny, gratefully
Where gay guys keep schtum for fear of upsetting people (i'm not saying if i'm 'a' Gay but I love me Mam and me Nan now just give me your £££££££££)
Where sexism is perfectly acceptable
Where any item, whatsoever, of Polyester clothing for £20+ delivered is considered a good deal
Where iPad 4's are the laytist tecknollyjee

I could go on but you get the gist. It's grim, really grim, but weirdly entertaining :mysmilie_59:

And a certain bald presenter on IW seems to be fixated with..............baldness among a load of other strange things.

Halllllo lovely people its the bald bloke here, yes I did say bald bloke, have you noticed I am BALD!!!!!! do you need a new patio set or kitchen M8 all in one multicooker?
Shut up and present without all the faux shock and fly snide wee looks and face gestures behind other guests backs like the one you done behind "chef" Williams back today in the 5pm show, It just proves what the majority of the general public already know:mysmilie_50:

Halllllo lovely people its the bloke with the short back and sides, yes I did say the bloke with the short back and sides, have you noticed I have a short back and sides and do you need a new patio set or kitchen M8 all in one multicooker?

See how daft the above statement looks now? bald bloke. All a very unique introduction in my mind:mysmilie_59:

Yes, says it all really, that Our Sal seems to think the height of a woman's ambition is to hook a man rich enough to pay for her twenty quid Polyester trousers, and that this is something we should be in awe of - nay, be proud of!!!! That a woman might want to buy her own would probably never enter Sal's head. It is car-crash stuff, and I freely admit I watch it as a guilty pleasure (ignoring any comments of "this channel is surreal" from the OH). I find it hilarious at times, but some of the comments they spout make you feel you've gone into a 1970's time warp - perhaps the channel should be re-christened "1970's Throwback Ideal World".

It takes me back to watching* Thames when I was a kid.

It's The Comedians, WheelTappers & Shunters, George & Mildred & Bless This House all rolled into one.

*OK I wasn't allowed to watch most of that crap as I was too young but I kind of remember them :mysmilie_59:

The bargain basement version of Location, Location, Location- featuring Ideal’s very own Kirsty and Phil...

So their couple wanted something old and something new? I wonder who the couple are? Could it be Jase & Nanty?

The old could be a Mouldy Minging Mattress for 'Me Nan', the new is whatever is on Nanty's Kitchen Worktop today :mysmilie_59:

And a certain bald presenter on IW seems to be fixated with..............baldness among a load of other strange things.

Halllllo lovely people its the bald bloke here, yes I did say bald bloke, have you noticed I am BALD!!!!!! do you need a new patio set or kitchen M8 all in one multicooker?
Shut up and present without all the faux shock and fly snide wee looks and face gestures behind other guests backs like the one you done behind "chef" Williams back today in the 5pm show, It just proves what the majority of the general public already know:mysmilie_50:

Halllllo lovely people its the bloke with the short back and sides, yes I did say the bloke with the short back and sides, have you noticed I have a short back and sides and do you need a new patio set or kitchen M8 all in one multicooker?

See how daft the above statement looks now? bald bloke. All a very unique introduction in my mind:mysmilie_59:

He's at it again is he? What's his problem with William? Is it because he's older than him and still has a full head of hair?

He's a nasty git!

He's at it again is he? What's his problem with William? Is it because he's older than him and still has a full head of hair?

He's a nasty git!

Could it be because William is a fine figure of a man who towers over him and looks like he could pick up that scrawny little runt with one hand?

We know he appears to have issues with women (other than his Puppet Mistress/Landlord) the but can we now add significantly more masculine, physically superior men to the list?

Poor little GOLLUM, he's so weak looking maybe he shaved his hair off because it was such a burden to carry it around :mysmilie_59:

Could it be because William is a fine figure of a man who towers over him and looks like he could pick up that scrawny little runt with one hand?

We know he appears to have issues with women (other than his Puppet Mistress/Landlord) the but can we now add significantly more masculine, physically superior men to the list?

Poor little GOLLUM, he's so weak looking maybe he shaved his hair off because it was such a burden to carry it around :mysmilie_59:

What is it they say about many a true word being said in jest... mas.jpg :mysmilie_59:

I noticed that guy Lloyd (also bald) was joking that the item they were selling (can't remember if it was spray and leave or a pressure washer) would make a good handbag for his missus and kept saying Mike (presumably to get him to join in) but Mike just ignored him and looked pissed off.

I noticed that guy Lloyd (also bald) was joking that the item they were selling (can't remember if it was spray and leave or a pressure washer) would make a good handbag for his missus and kept saying Mike (presumably to get him to join in) but Mike just ignored him and looked pissed off.

As bad a gag as that is (and dear me it is) the reason GOLLUM ignored him is quite possibly for the same reasons I listed about why he doesn't like William.

He might be bald but that's where the similarities end really. I think GOLLUM and Poo Poo look similar in their tight little shirts, they're both like tiny knots in cotton :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back