Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know were you're coming from, QVCs p&p is all over the place when two bags of little Richards compost is £5.99 the same as an ultra light Kipling bag. The difference is if you ordered three lots of IW pick of the day it would cost you one lot of p&p of £4.99, if it was QVC the p&p would be £10 speaks volumes how much profit QVC would've made out of that little transaction hey. :mysmilie_14:

It's good when they do multiline P+P, if you want several of the same item. Ideal's carriage charges are far from consistent too, for some reason Lusardi products are an eyewatering £5.99 P+P! QVC tend to offer subsequent quantities of the same beauty product at half price P+P (which is so very generous of them!).

But even multline (and definitely QVC's half price 'offer') by 'real world' standards is, at best, average if not still expensive :mysmilie_59:

It's good when they do multiline P+P, if you want several of the same item. Ideal's carriage charges are far from consistent too, for some reason Lusardi products are an eyewatering £5.99 P+P! QVC tend to offer subsequent quantities of the same beauty product at half price P+P (which is so very generous of them!).

But even multline (and definitely QVC's half price 'offer') by 'real world' standards is, at best, average if not still expensive :mysmilie_59:

Even the capped p&p is good too, today I bought the 500ml Zhuzh, and the two pick of the days, and the p&p was £6.99 so I've bought five items delivered for £6.99 but yeah I agree some other retailers offer free p&p, but I find their goods, what I'm after anyway, more expensive even with free p&p and no flexi pay. I do buy a lot from Amazon and I get free p&p and Superdrug, Feelunique I get free p&p there, but the rest I get from IW and like I say, even factoring in the p&p what I buy are good deals..........but the presenters? don't get me started on the presenters. :mysmilie_13:

He opens the Zhuzh hour last night and it had to happen didn't it? Old loose cannon dirty P got his melanin and melanoma mixed up :mysmilie_854:

He can't even say 'zhuzh' right half the time

Whilst displaying a food mixer on an earlier show, Paul Brodel made an unusual concession to healthier eating by mentioning something about a ‘gluten-free mixture’.

Realising his mistake, and clearly keen not to appear too preachy, he began swilling back some juice, and then diving into some freshly made pesto. The ‘keep it fun’ vibe continued, as he proceeded to place a meringue pie in the oven; a pie that almost certainly had his name on it.

Big Brodders remained true to form throughout the rest of the show, delighting in all the naughty foods, and steadfastly refusing to acknowledge-let alone eat-the prepared vegetables (despite their uppity position at the front of the display table).

By the end of the show we were left with the comforting reassurance that whilst there might be the rare gluten-free slip up, a Brodel session will NEVER become a 'gluttony free' experience:pizza:

Three cheers and pork pies all round:mysmilie_5:

Whilst displaying a food mixer on an earlier show, Paul Brodel made an unusual concession to healthier eating by mentioning something about a ‘gluten-free mixture’.

Realising his mistake, and clearly keen not to appear too preachy, he began swilling back some juice, and then diving into some freshly made pesto. The ‘keep it fun’ vibe continued, as he proceeded to place a meringue pie in the oven; a pie that almost certainly had his name on it.

Big Brodders remained true to form throughout the rest of the show, delighting in all the naughty foods, and steadfastly refusing to acknowledge-let alone eat-the prepared vegetables (despite their uppity position at the front of the display table).

By the end of the show we were left with the comforting reassurance that whilst there might be the rare gluten-free slip up, a Brodel session will NEVER become a 'gluttony free' experience:pizza:

Three cheers and pork pies all round:mysmilie_5:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

Of course there's scant evidence that BIG BRODEL follows his own 'Look at my healthy Halogen' advice and counts the calories anymore than TEN TON TAMMY uses her own Liquilift Pads. She'd need Liquilift Mats.
image.jpg

Could it be that what they both say is a load of rubbish? :mysmilie_59:

I don't think gluten free is really to do with healthy eating its for those with celiac disease 😀

I don't think gluten free is really to do with healthy eating its for those with celiac disease 😀

Agreed. The problem is that the gluten-free thing has become something of a health fad, with millions of people globally removing gluten from their diet. I'm not sure if Paul Brodel was referencing the celaic sufferers per se, or those who have simply jumped on the 'Free From' bandwagon, which would include the gluten-free diet.
There was clearly an element of poetic license in my comment, and it wasn't meant to be taken literally...it was more about Paul Brodel's disregard for healthy eating, which made his 'gluten-free' reference appear out of place:mysmilie_46:

Agreed. The problem is that the gluten-free thing has become something of a health fad, with millions of people globally removing gluten from their diet. I'm not sure if Paul Brodel was referencing the celaic sufferers per se, or those who have simply jumped on the 'Free From' bandwagon, which would include the gluten-free diet.
There was clearly an element of poetic license in my comment, and it wasn't meant to be taken literally...it was more about Paul Brodel's disregard for healthy eating, which made his 'gluten-free' reference appear out of place:mysmilie_46:

BIG BRODEL has a disregard for healthy eating?

He puts Apples in his Crumble. And Amrbosia Custard has eggs in it (a good source of Protein) :mysmilie_59:

nantysKitchen.jpg The continuing saga of Shaun's (sales boosting) Nan and her implausibly austere life...
Isn’t it great that we can all take advantage of such a wonderful coffee machine? You know, when I think back to what my Nan had to go through just to make me a cup of tea...gran.jpg

Just how does this man sleep at night?! (Hint: I can guarantee it won't be on a 40 to 50 year old mattress):wink:

View attachment 11245 The continuing saga of Shaun's (sales boosting) Nan and her implausibly austere life...
Isn’t it great that we can all take advantage of such a wonderful coffee machine? You know, when I think back to what my Nan had to go through just to make me a cup of tea...View attachment 11246

Just how does this man sleep at night?! (Hint: I can guarantee it won't be on a 40 to 50 year old mattress):wink:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

How does he sleep at night? Jase puts Kalms in his Coffee, works a treat. Wise move Jase.

But he talks about his Nan in his sleep. And cruising :mysmilie_59:

Just watching laurel & hardy with the kichen M8 words fail me �� what in heavens name are IW doing! At least Joe is back next week

Edited to add Wiiliam &PS in the kitchen

Just watching laurel & hardy with the kichen M8 words fail me �� what in heavens name are IW doing! At least Joe is back next week

BUY IT!!!!

It was never, ever, EVER supposed to be £29.99 EVER AGAIN.

THE EMAILS FROM THE BUYER CONFIRMED THIS :mysmilie_15:

BUY IT!!!!

It was never, ever, EVER supposed to be £29.99 EVER AGAIN.

THE EMAILS FROM THE BUYER CONFIRMED THIS :mysmilie_15:

Not only cos I'm a tit, not only because I can't act to save me life, not only am I a crap presenter, not only am I a failed 80s entertainer, not only will it take a million years before I can figure out how I got this job, not only...............

Sally Jacks is shilling some 'Styled By' Tapered Trousers. She says:-

'You know when you look at them you think oh my gosh, you've got money' and 'you think, you're married to a very rich man'.

Let me tell you something. If I was married to a very rich man and he was happy with me wearing 95% Polyester Jethro Bodine Strides i'd divorce the mingebag and take him to the cleaners :mysmilie_59:

richtrousers.jpgJethro.jpg

Sally Jacks is shilling some 'Styled By' Tapered Trousers. She says:-

'You know when you look at them you think oh my gosh, you've got money' and 'you think, you're married to a very rich man'.

Let me tell you something. If I was married to a very rich man and he was happy with me wearing 95% Polyester Jethro Bodine Strides i'd divorce the mingebag and take him to the cleaners :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11250View attachment 11251

So funny and so true :giggle:

So funny and so true :giggle:

Joking aside it's that kind of drivel that's mostly the norm on Ideal World these days. But, in my opinion, it's beyond Selly Telly spiel (which we all expect and is fine).

It's verging on sheer contempt for the intelligence of it's viewers. If you didn't think that they surely consider us to be dumb arses then ........................ :mysmilie_59:

Joking aside it's that kind of drivel that's mostly the norm on Ideal World these days. But, in my opinion, it's beyond Selly Telly spiel (which we all expect and is fine).

It's verging on sheer contempt for the intelligence of it's viewers. If you didn't think that they surely consider us to be dumb arses then ........................ :mysmilie_59:

You are correct they do treat viewers with contempt which is why we very rarely watch or buy from them nowadays. There are a few presenters I watch but the likes of MM, PS & Sally Jacks never, plus a few of the IW regulars like Howard & Generveive

Latest posts

Back