Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've also noticed Peter Simon cannot make a joke that isn't dirty or about being a homosexual.

It's quite a disorder, isn't it. His anecdote/humour setting seems to be permanently stuck on 'smutty'. I wonder whether he's like that at parties and dinner - constantly making off-colour, inappropriate remarks which make people uncomfortable.

I should think that what he knows about sewing machines could be written on the top of a match - and I don't suppose he would bother finding out, simply shriek "just buy it", "40% have gone", "the phones have gone crazy" and all the other Old Chestnuts. You are so right about his "act" being stuck in a timewarp - the 1970's or 1980's definitely want him back (shame they don't take him). And I can sympathise with anyone needing Valium if they are on as guest presenter with Pope Pete.

Reckon old Pete could use a few Valium.Like 5 ×10mg should quieten him down.

OH goody Idealworld selling that cheapo chinese mobile phone STX What a load of rubbish it is. They buy these crap products on chinese wholesale websites.

A) hellooooo
B) Are Genevive Shouty Shout Shout and Peter Vollebrecht married? For some reason I think they are? Goodness, what an awful proposition for a dinner party
at their house if they are!!!
C) Can't believe no-one has commented about the "Freeview 22" thingy. Am I the only one who feels a re-brand coming up? The whole day seemed to be "Freeview 22, the HOME of shopping television" then whispered and tiny writing "ideal world shhhhhhh"
Just a hunch that perhaps they can't afford to be on Sky now and are heading for the double whammy of saving the Sky platform cash AND a rebrand to remove nasty-pointy-shopping-telly-ideal-world-complaints on many forums. Seemed a little too much effort for just a 'day event', I mean usually we just get 3 stickers constantly moved round the studios with "great british SALE off" or "wimble-SALE-don" whatever they are currently trying to ride on the back of. Also seen it today (the Freeview 22 thingy) and it was just supposed to be for one day.
Hmmmm, maybe? what y'all thinking?

OH goody Idealworld selling that cheapo chinese mobile phone STX What a load of rubbish it is. They buy these crap products on chinese wholesale websites.

This is hilarious. Peter Simon is going absolutely hysterical over something with an unspecified 1.3GHz quad-core processor:

"It's a gesture of a phone..."
"Not only the delicious suite Android..."
"This is luxury of technology..."
etc.

And he keeps using the word "fashionista" as if it's going out of fashion :mysmilie_19:

But what's extra special is that this brand new STK Hero X phone is running Android 5.1 Lollipop. Yes, a brand new phone running a nearly 2 year-old (12 November 2014) Android operating system :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
A) hellooooo
B) Are Genevive Shouty Shout Shout and Peter Vollebrecht married? For some reason I think they are? Goodness, what an awful proposition for a dinner party
at their house if they are!!!
C) Can't believe no-one has commented about the "Freeview 22" thingy. Am I the only one who feels a re-brand coming up? The whole day seemed to be "Freeview 22, the HOME of shopping television" then whispered and tiny writing "ideal world shhhhhhh"
Just a hunch that perhaps they can't afford to be on Sky now and are heading for the double whammy of saving the Sky platform cash AND a rebrand to remove nasty-pointy-shopping-telly-ideal-world-complaints on many forums. Seemed a little too much effort for just a 'day event', I mean usually we just get 3 stickers constantly moved round the studios with "great british SALE off" or "wimble-SALE-don" whatever they are currently trying to ride on the back of. Also seen it today (the Freeview 22 thingy) and it was just supposed to be for one day.
Hmmmm, maybe? what y'all thinking?

Yes, Genpleaseleave and Peter are married. I can't think of anyone more likely to give serious earhole than Genevieve, so I don't know how Peter manages not to end up slipping ground glass into her coffee. Still, it works for them.
As for Freeview, I think you could be on to something

see I find the ''freeview 22'' thing odd as based on the promotion, you'd think they was on channel 222 on freeview... due to the p&p being £2.22 and not 22p

just a thought.

I've said it many times before, but I don't know how he gets away with it. People say that you can't mention anything on TV that is not politically correct, but Peter Simon comes out with the most outrageous comments and innuendos - often well before the watershed - and nothing happens. His whole "repertoire" of jokes are just smut-based and with accompanying stupid gestures, there's nothing clever about his humour at all. The ASA obviously fell asleep 3 years ago - does anyone know what useful function this organisation fulfils?

I've also noticed Peter Simon cannot make a joke that isn't dirty or about being a homosexual.

se.

Perhaps he impresses people who don't have much knowledge of this type of product, but most people watching him must have been wetting themselves - except that it's not really funny. Heaven forbid he ever does some research into what is being flogged - it's the saga of the sewing machine hour all over : he hasn't got a clue about the product and how it works, so he just shouts and rambles on as a cover-up. No wonder Gems TV got rid of him so quickly when he worked there for about 5 minutes after Bid went belly-up - there's only so many times you can listen to "well, will you look at this".

This is hilarious. Peter Simon is going absolutely hysterical over something with an unspecified 1.3GHz quad-core processor:

"It's a gesture of a phone..."
"Not only the delicious suite Android..."
"This is luxury of technology..."
etc.

And he keeps using the word "fashionista" as if it's going out of fashion :mysmilie_19:

But what's extra special is that this brand new STK Hero X phone is running Android 5.1 Lollipop. Yes, a brand new phone running a nearly 2 year-old (12 November 2014) Android operating system :mysmilie_59:

Perhaps he impresses people who don't have much knowledge of this type of product, but most people watching him must have been wetting themselves - except that it's not really funny. Heaven forbid he ever does some research into what is being flogged - it's the saga of the sewing machine hour all over : he hasn't got a clue about the product and how it works, so he just shouts and rambles on as a cover-up. No wonder Gems TV got rid of him so quickly when he worked there for about 5 minutes after Bid went belly-up - there's only so many times you can listen to "well, will you look at this".

Historymystery, he informed us yesterday that he was "brought up with sewing machines" (whatever that actually means). So he knows what he is talking about.... and I believe him 'cos he wouldn't lie to us would he? (I think my medication is wearing off, I need astronger dose...)

Muttley, didn't you know? After being abandoned at birth, he was left in a sewing machine shop, where he was adopted by a Brother (sorry, rotten joke I know).

Historymystery, he informed us yesterday that he was "brought up with sewing machines" (whatever that actually means). So he knows what he is talking about.... and I believe him 'cos he wouldn't lie to us would he? (I think my medication is wearing off, I need astronger dose...)

When he was introducing that phone last night, I just fell about laughing, and when Janice was showing the functions, it was "aaahh look at that aahhhh, the edge of technology". Getting all orgasmic over a not so impressive phone! He's a very unique individual. What an Arse!!!!

When he was introducing that phone last night, I just fell about laughing, and when Janice was showing the functions, it was "aaahh look at that aahhhh, the edge of technology". Getting all orgasmic over a not so impressive phone! He's a very unique individual. What an Arse!!!!

But of course that's part of their 'entertainment' if it keeps people watching (and more importantly to them, buying), though how much Peter Simon actually knows about phones is certainly not that clear. Picking someone else like Gollum to do that wouldn't have been convincing at all since he's at least fairly knowledgeable about phones (and so is his usual target audience).

If anyone is thinking of buying a STK Hero X smartphone then please don't. Something like a Motorola Moto G4 (the John Lewis version also has 2 SIM slots as well if I'm not mistaken) for very slightly more money (if no Flexi-pay) would be a massively better choice. And it's important for someone who isn't that technologically-literate to have a smartphone with regular security updates which you only tend to get with reputable makes unless you're comfortable with messing around with custom ROMs, etc.; this is now more critical than ever before.

Its pathetic though, it was blatant false advertising last night, the statements that Saint Peter was trying to tell the public about said phone were a load of bull assisted by his assistant, its was nowhere close to a top of the range phone, just the same old same old has been phone.

I mean when saying you can play games and giving it the big Ohhhhhh look you can get the interweb with this, woooooo cracking! Ohhhhhh look you can be a magician with this phone it works without touching it.............woooooo fantastic and look at this it takes pictures...................to sell a phone in 2016 shows how rank rotten it is!

So there's a chance that it could come back on screen, then? How unusual that would be! :mysmilie_17:

The David Brent of telly shopping land........he expected it to sell out and despite umpteen bellowings to 'check out your baskets'.......not even half of it sold

Hold on.........Saint Peter of Simon is punting yet another fitness product, nothing new about that I know.

BUT he has just said, 1 his weight is out of control and struggles to maintain it and 2 he struggles to sleep at night!

Okkkkkay 1 in the past I'm sure r'Peter has said these products have changed his..............no infact these have SAVED his life and 2 Peter what about all the amazing beding and matteress products that you've bought from IW in the past that again have changed your life??

As ever keep in mind every sale has a tale.

Latest posts

Back