Random sightings of presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good thread! I think I would like to meet JR the least - Im sure she would NOT stop talking about herself.
I wouldnt expect to recognise any of the QVC lot out & about

Ok get ready for a laugh.. I've met..
1979, In a lift in The Holiday Inn, Bristol. Kate Bush (had autograph) - she was huge pop star at the time
1984, Oxford street London In-store Mothercare Sandie Shaw,(didnt approach)
1986, Knightsbridge London, Sean Connery, he locked his hands around my waist - YUM (autograph)
1994 Richard & Judy (only because I was booked on This Morning myself as a guest) - and sat with guests of the day in the green room Inc. Robson & Jerome

Celebs these days are not really celebs that would leave me star struck - I feel sorry for people in the spotlight these days, the hassle online/twitter/daily mail must be horrendous

Can I add to my original list - George Best, when I was working in a gift shop in London. Gorgeous-looking very flirty, we were all a-flutter.
Sting - many years ago in a Leeds hotel where I was staying with my gran after she and I had been to see The Police in concert. I was too overawed to approach and ask for an autograph.
Last year when heading home from an exam on the tube from Euston - I was in the same carriage as Lord Grantham (Downton Abbey) - Hugh Bonneville - much taller than I thought he'd be.

oooh just remembered i was in waitrose at the till and behind me was jude law. with his little boy at the time. omg was i delighted. he is soooo funny and friendly eveyone was looking at him.

anather time in the same store was ken livingstone with his two youngest children. running amok. it was hilarious.

Brilliant thread...my claim to fame, so to speak is:

Late 70's seeing Roy Wood from Wizard in our local Tescos...I noticed his T-bar shoes before I noticed him

Late 80's whilst working at Pontins, booking in Duncan Goodhew and Ray Reardon, who very kindly gave me his bag of washing to give to house keeping...took the shine off a bit.

OH took me to Dawn Bibby's shop, she was stocking the shelves and OH started talking to her not realising it was her, she was really nice actually as was her niece Amy, who took over from Dawn on Q until they stopped the craft shows.

Good thread! I think I would like to meet JR the least - Im sure she would NOT stop talking about herself.
I wouldnt expect to recognise any of the QVC lot out & about

Ok get ready for a laugh.. I've met..
1979, In a lift in The Holiday Inn, Bristol. Kate Bush (had autograph) - she was huge pop star at the time
1984, Oxford street London In-store Mothercare Sandie Shaw,(didnt approach)
1986, Knightsbridge London, Sean Connery, he locked his hands around my waist - YUM (autograph)
1994 Richard & Judy (only because I was booked on This Morning myself as a guest) - and sat with guests of the day in the green room Inc. Robson & Jerome

Celebs these days are not really celebs that would leave me star struck - I feel sorry for people in the spotlight these days, the hassle online/twitter/daily mail must be horrendous
How did you get to be on with Richard and Judy?

Gosh! I go down to Brighton every few months or so and was shocked at what they've done to that café. The old Cafe Revive was nice. The new place is dark and claustrophobic.

You get used to it after a while.

I'm more interested in whether Richard really is a full on plonker, and how much of the sauce did Judy put away ! (her hand tremors gave the game away)

Presenters sometimes say people recognise them and come up to them in the supermarket or on the street and say such and such. I take a lot of it with a pinch of salt but I suppose they must get recognised quite frequently.

I know one of the models for a particular brand on QVC and I saw a couple of QVC brand ambassadors/guests presenting at the Ideal Home Show but I've never spotted anyone from QVC randomly while out and about. If I did, I don't think I'd say anything because I wouldn't want them to think I was starstruck. On the other hand, I would love to chat and grill them about QVC, the people, their policies, etc.

Has anyone on here ever "bumped into" a QVC presenter and, if so, what did you say or do? Or what would you say/do if you did?

You didn't want them thinking you were"starstruck"?. They aren't stars by any stretch of the imagination. They are salespeople who happen to be on telly and are in your living room. Thats it. I saw a male presenter who I loathe, and I really wanted to tell him what a smug smarmy knob he was,,but that would have been giving the tall grey haired man ,more attention then he deserves.
The"stars" were the nice people who are no longer employed by QVC.
Julian Ballantyne
Anthony
Debbie Greenwood
pluslotsof good guest presenters lik LJ Rich, like Anais the short -ish Asian guy who brought electrical gadgets and computer related stuff.Kathryn..who also bought computer things. QVC has changed radically ...for the worse...in my opinion.

You didn't want them thinking you were"starstruck"?. They aren't stars by any stretch of the imagination. They are salespeople who happen to be on telly and are in your living room. Thats it. I saw a male presenter who I loathe, and I really wanted to tell him what a smug smarmy knob he was,,but that would have been giving the tall grey haired man ,more attention then he deserves.
The"stars" were the nice people who are no longer employed by QVC.
Julian Ballantyne
Anthony
Debbie Greenwood
pluslotsof good guest presenters lik LJ Rich, like Anais the short -ish Asian guy who brought electrical gadgets and computer related stuff.Kathryn..who also bought computer things. QVC has changed radically ...for the worse...in my opinion.

Didn't say I would be - I said I didn't want them to think I was by going up to them - ie I wouldn't want to give them the satisfaction.

I saw a male presenter who I loathe, and I really wanted to tell him what a smug smarmy knob he was,,but that would have been giving the tall grey haired man ,more attention then he deserves.

And I would have made you the 'knob'

This was several weeks ago now but I saw Debbie Flint in the Epsom Odeon. As soon as I clocked it was her I looked away, didn't want to give her the attention!

I've never met a QVC presenter as I'm from Manchester.

However, I do see a fair few of the Coronation Street. Hollyoaks and Emmerdale cast when I'm in town. It's funny because my brain doesn't tend to register they are famous, but more that I know them! lol! This actually happened to me last weekend when I was in the departure lounge at the airport. After he walked away, I finally realised he was from Emmerdale.

And speaking of the airport, when I was going to the US in March, there was a footballer at the next table to me in Costa Coffee. So many people kept coming upto him asking him for his autography and a photo. I had no idea who he was and still don't. I like the F1 and ice hockey, lol!

Who was it you saw from Emmerdale?

Latest posts

Back