Rarety.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ant7t

Registered Shopper
I remember being told, back in the day, on the various channels that belong(ed) to Steve, that ALL gemstones are rare. Except: Csarite, Nilimani, Conch Shell, that VERY rare stone that comes in shades of green. I may be wrong, but I 'think' it's called Jade, but I may be wrong. ;) Something that comes from a mine in Australia: again, not sure, but I think the mine is called Argyle. Ooo, and the Parti Sapphires, anything from Songea, Opals, Spinel: of a variety of shades. And of course, Tanzanite: now in a variety of shades. Probably more. BUT, don't forget ALL gemstones are rare :p

I remember being told, back in the day, on the various channels that belong(ed) to Steve, that ALL gemstones are rare. Except: Csarite, Nilimani, Conch Shell, that VERY rare stone that comes in shades of green. I may be wrong, but I 'think' it's called Jade, but I may be wrong. ;) Something that comes from a mine in Australia: again, not sure, but I think the mine is called Argyle. Ooo, and the Parti Sapphires, anything from Songea, Opals, Spinel: of a variety of shades. And of course, Tanzanite: now in a variety of shades. Probably more. BUT, don't forget ALL gemstones are rare :p

Gemstones are that rare, they've been around for thousands of years - and will continue to be around for years well after we've all popped our clogs.

Sure, there are a handful that are genuinely rare - but Emeralds, etc are not rare!

Gemstones are that rare, they've been around for thousands of years - and will continue to be around for years well after we've all popped our clogs.

Sure, there are a handful that are genuinely rare - but Emeralds, etc are not rare!
funny enough as I read that watching TJC rtalking about clarity of diamonds and grade DEF being very rare and selling G-H - Rare ... hmmm

Diamonds definitely aren't rare.

I really don't know how the industry gets away with it.
Blame Tiffany. Diamond sales falling at the beginning of the 20th century, so they came up with the diamond is rare and symbol of love and all women must have a diamond engagement ring. And they have pushed the idea ever since.

Tanzanite, which 10 years ago was supposed to run out in less than 5 years is still around.

Blame Tiffany. Diamond sales falling at the beginning of the 20th century, so they came up with the diamond is rare and symbol of love and all women must have a diamond engagement ring. And they have pushed the idea ever since.

Tanzanite, which 10 years ago was supposed to run out in less than 5 years is still around.
oh they were selling a 5 carat Tanzanite ring for 4K yesterday saying an Antiques roadshow one had valued a 4 carat one for 9K, providence his of course part of the value

oh they were selling a 5 carat Tanzanite ring for 4K yesterday saying an Antiques roadshow one had valued a 4 carat one for 9K, providence his of course part of the value
I thought items designated as Antique had to be 100 years old plus. Might be wrong but though Tanzanite wasn’t discovered until the late 1960s. So are they misleading us once again?

I thought items designated as Antique had to be 100 years old plus. Might be wrong but though Tanzanite wasn’t discovered until the late 1960s. So are they misleading us once again?
I thought this, too. And anything under 100 years should be described as 'vintage'. But that seems to have acquired flexibility now. ;)

I thought this, too. And anything under 100 years should be described as 'vintage'. But that seems to have acquired flexibility now. ;)

ah it does not matter now as they have had 60's stuff etc on AR ...

Not lying you know though, here it is ..

from very recent AR for a made to order one, so the guest says. So I would ask really how ?? does the expert want a job on Gemporia/TJC or are they selling 'bargains'

Most expensive one on TJC is this

but slightly smaller carat but frankly a much nicer piece this one

COMPLETELY random, but I saw a toy car (plastic) in a charity shop window that was called Vintage. It was made in 1990 :O

Latest posts

Back