Red Carpet Gel nail system - how are you getting on? I think I wish I had bought it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

iloveshopping

Registered Shopper
Just been looking at the reviews for the Red Carpet Gel system. The large majority seem to be very favourable. I feel like I have missed out especially as you can paint ordinary nail varnish over the top as well if you get bored of the colour. I also read on another website that people don't rough up the nail very much - just buff - that was what was worrying me as my nails are quite fragile.

Any opinions from people who bought it?

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a....item.400112.cm_scid.BazaarVoice#BVQAWidgetID

Last edited:
Just been looking at the reviews for the Red Carpet Gel system. The large majority seem to be very favourable. I feel like I have missed out especially as you can paint ordinary nail varnish over the top as well if you get bored of the colour. I also read on another website that people don't rough up the nail very much - just buff - that was what was worrying me as my nails are quite fragile.

Any opinions from people who bought it?

If your nails are fragile you could give a try with a crystal file, LE superbalm little silver pot, Trind balsam and the nail treatment.
My strong free edged nails are now unrecognizable from the very short dry, breaking, all over peeling nail plate and ends.

As I said on TSV thread I don't like idea of nail being roughed up hence me avoiding.

Also I noticed Kathy less than a week later her gel manicure was chipped so not a great advert.

I would say my nails are as tough as old boots but using gel polish (Shellac) ruined them. Now I don't know if it was the buffing, the polish or the acetone to remove it but ruined they certainly were.

I know it's more expense but try a shellac or similar if you haven't to see if the process suits your nails. Or try this and make use of the MBG if it's not for you.

For me the damage was obvious within 30 days. But all I had to do was cut my nails and use a nail strengthener for a few weeks. It was a temporary set back and if I didn't know if it would harm my nails or not I'd have tried this.

Apparently you can miss out the colour too if you just want to protect your natural nails. That's a real bonus.

I got the set when it was on tsv and love it. First manicure lasted well over a week and was easy to take off. My nails were fine after I removed the gel. I only buffed them very lightly and there has been no damage. I'm going to order more colours as I'm so pleased with the set, it's also much easier to do than I thought it would be.

Love it, you don't "rough " the nail any more than you would buffing it once a fortnight, it's easy to remove and my nails are feeling much stronger. I had the taupe colour on until yesterday when I took it off, took half an hour, and I have just used the base and top coat as I want to wear my Leighton Denny supermodel at the weekend nails look great and I am sure they have grown better although that could be because they aren't breaking.
I want to get some more "natural" colours as they are much more me, am going to do my toes at the weekend

in 1998 I purchased from QVC 'supernails' pot of glue and a roll of silk gauze nail wrap. Believe it or not same kit I still use to this day, wrapping all my nails up in this fine silk mesh, whist the nails retain their natural 'naked' look without the need for gloss or colour. I must say, one of the few 1990s excellent QVC purchases of mine (along with Golden Oil and Joy Mangano jewellery rolly-kit)

I like my kit. Nail varnish does not dry on
my nails and they always smear so this
is great for me. M&S sell the lint free cotton
wool recommended for removal. I would like some
more colours to choose from and bigger bottles
of the prep and remover.

It's simplicity do remove I cut a cotton pad into 4 soak in acetone, place on my nails (toes at the minute) wrap my tootsies in tin foil for 5 -10 mins and that's it it simply comes off !

I am so thrilled with this kit I can't tell you, I do go to get shellac French applied to my fingers at times, but I'm now able to do my toes , which remain pristine over a week later.

The thing that I love about shellac ,is the fact ,that the high gloss shine stays put until removal !

in 1998 I purchased from QVC 'supernails' pot of glue and a roll of silk gauze nail wrap. Believe it or not same kit I still use to this day, wrapping all my nails up in this fine silk mesh, whist the nails retain their natural 'naked' look without the need for gloss or colour. I must say, one of the few 1990s excellent QVC purchases of mine (along with Golden Oil and Joy Mangano jewellery rolly-kit)

This must be some kind of record for a long lasting nail product. Sounds interesting - do you cut the silk gauze to fit each nail - doesn't it fray?

Red Carpet Manicure

I succumbed and bought it yesterday. It was still on introductory offer so only £6 more than the TSV price. It does seem a good deal as 3 nail varnishes are included. It's been shipped today. Does anyone have any more feedback on it? There are around 100 reviews mainly favourable on QVC.

BTW the Jerome Lashtec enchancing serum (from ebay or Amazon can't remember which one) does seem to work as I've been using it when I remember for the last couple of months and I have more eyelashes than I've had in years.

Still loving it. Bought larger sizes of the prep
and remover direct from Red Manicure and am about to buy
some polishes direct from them. Did my toes
the day I received the TSV and they are still
OK. Have done my finger nails twice but
expected that as it is the same when the
Beauty Salon did them. At least I can remove
the gel when I choose to.

My DD bought it (not from QVC) and loves it so much she's cleared out all her old polishes and given them to me! I just wish I had nice enough nails to merit using them all!

Typical of Q's philosophy excellent reviews on this and I haven't seen any repeat airings :-(

And yet that ****** Aah bra with the most horrific reviews in Christendom is on every farts end, they just don't get it do they?

Give it a go Busymum- my nails were not
brilliant and the gel definitely gives them
a chance to strengthen and grow. I am also
no great shakes at nail painting but even
I can make a decent attempt.

Typical of Q's philosophy excellent reviews on this and I haven't seen any repeat airings :-(

And yet that ****** Aah bra with the most horrific reviews in Christendom is on every farts end, they just don't get it do they?

It is a hot pick for tomorrow, well today now!

Adore this

We purchased other colours from the Boots system and they work a treat

One of my BEST purchases from QVC

What's the Boots system/range called Jabba? Middle DD has been babbling on about collecting a load of gel nail stuff recently to do it herself but do they all work on false nail tips, as her own nails have taken a bit of a hammering recently with running around after & playing with a lively 2 year old!
(Sorry, makes me sound a bit thick but my knowledge of nail stuff doesn't go beyond 'ooooh, pwetty colour'.....! lol)

What's the Boots system/range called Jabba? Middle DD has been babbling on about collecting a load of gel nail stuff recently to do it herself but do they all work on false nail tips, as her own nails have taken a bit of a hammering recently with running around after & playing with a lively 2 year old!
(Sorry, makes me sound a bit thick but my knowledge of nail stuff doesn't go beyond 'ooooh, pwetty colour'.....! lol)

The set sold in Boots is NailSensation.

Here is the link to the starter set. I didn't buy it as there is only enough product for 10 manicures and only one small bottle of nail varnish whilst the Red Carpet manicure had 3 larger bottles. Read the reviews though. You can search on the gel nail varnishes.

http://www.boots.com/en/SensatioNail-Gel-Starter-Kit-Raspberry-Wine_1251554/

I think that it can be used with acrylic nails - don't take my word though - check the reviews I think one person mentions this.

Latest posts

Back