Rediscovering High Street

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never seen any Kipling in our nearest store either, though I have bought an Osprey from there in the past.
Ours tends to be much better on homewares than anything else. The shoe selection is particularly dire.

Our TK Maxx is quite good for bags and ladies clothes especially coats but rubbish for shoes and toiletries. Strange how things vary from store to store because you`d think similar stock would be delivered to each. I`ve used their website once when I was looking for a bag to match a particular outfit, the store didn`t have anything suitable but I found what I was looking for on their site. Might be worth having a browse for Kipling.

I'm near three branches of TKMaxx but only shop in one of them as the others seem to sell mainly kids clothes, gym gear and endless rails of clearance clothes.

Do they cater for the people living nearest each store or is it the other way round and shoppers gravitate towards the store selling goods they are more likely to want?

I once bought a jar of sliced ginger in an acidic liquid, I think. It was delicious, but when I went back for more the delicatessant (sp?) could no longer get it.

It sounds like you might have had pickled ginger, stratobuddy.

I use this when I make sushi, mmmmmmmm lovely :nod: You can find it in both Waitrose and Tesco, as they have a section with everything you need to make sushi.

It's also available at Amazon, if you want to avoid high street :wink:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...keywords=sushi+ginger&rh=i:aps,k:sushi+ginger

I went to Bluewater today. I booked a place at the Marie Claire evening next week for £10 but you get a goodie bag worth £45, thought that would make a nice Christmas present for my sister! I then went to the Molton Brown shop (how I miss them on QVC!) and bought a box of shower gels for my brother-in-laws Christmas presents. I had a £10 off voucher and they gave me a small bottle of hand wash to take home as well. M & S had tastings of some Christmas food and The Body Shop had some good offers on hand cream. Yes I enjoyed my day out but I heard someone say it's getting busier so don't think I'll be going after next week until after the New Year. Amazon here I come.

I am rather fortunate in that its just a five minute walk for me into out local town centre. Today I bought a couple of Yankee candle. Then I went for coffee and a cake with a friend. All rather civilised.

nothing but junk in our tkmax. always looks like a jumble sale.

Same for me Janie. I can't do disorganized shops. One thing on an arm at a time please!! For this reason I also never do sales. My ocd can't cope with the mess!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Oh I love a good rummage at sales time. Takes me back to my childhood when my Mum would give me a shilling to spend at the Church jumble sale and I`d bring home jigsaws with missing pieces or scarves with dropped stitches in them or worse lol

Same for me Janie. I can't do disorganized shops. One thing on an arm at a time please!! For this reason I also never do sales. My ocd can't cope with the mess!!

Im exactly the same, I always feel the need to tidy up all the rails and shelves,, I particularly hate the sales,, my Mother on the other hand loves rummaging through sale rails and the likes and she never fails to get a bargain!

Im exactly the same, I always feel the need to tidy up all the rails and shelves,, I particularly hate the sales,, my Mother on the other hand loves rummaging through sale rails and the likes and she never fails to get a bargain!
That's why TK Max and Primark drive me mad! I like everything in order and size etc :devil:

Yes, me too, hate the sale rails. they make everything appear tatty. Can't be doing with Primark either.

Latest posts

Back