Returns?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lady Penelope

Registered Shopper
Am I the only one who has bought things from QVC, not been keen on them when they arrived but not bothered to send them back because they might come in useful one day or it wasn't worth sending them back with paying the p &p? I think QVC probably make quite a bit of money through this

I send it back if I don't want it or don't like it after all, so am concerned about my returns rate and the dreaded 50% limit BUT I know loads of people that can't be bothered to send stuff back or don't get time or simply forget and I bet QVC make a fortune from people like that!

Last edited:
I'm more choosy now and tend to sit on an order for a bit so my returns rate is pretty low.

i always return and always check the product descriptions and sizing (if it's clothes) and if anything is remotely different to their description, i will ask for a returns label and p&p refunded. thrifty me ;)

It makes me really cross when I read the reviews on the website and people slate a product then say they didn't send it back as it wasn't worth returning. If you buy something that's £12 for example and it costs £2 to post back you will still be £10 better off than you would keeping it and you haven't got something that you won't use. I really think about it before I buy anything so my purchases are very few and far between and my return rate was low in any case. Maybe that makes me tight but I cannot say that I ever really regret not buying something (well not for more than a few minutes anyway) so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I was very guilty of that before I joined this forum, but will send it back now. I try to make sure I just buy what I know I really really want these days & if I do send anything back I ring them the day I get it & tell them its being returned so they have to comply with Distance Selling Regs.

It makes me really cross when I read the reviews on the website and people slate a product then say they didn't send it back as it wasn't worth returning. If you buy something that's £12 for example and it costs £2 to post back you will still be £10 better off than you would keeping it and you haven't got something that you won't use. I really think about it before I buy anything so my purchases are very few and far between and my return rate was low in any case. Maybe that makes me tight but I cannot say that I ever really regret not buying something (well not for more than a few minutes anyway) so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Hear, Hear. My feelings exactly.
Added to which, not returning stuff means the company, whoever it may be, will just assume everything in the garden is rosy and never strive to get better.

If I buy something that I don't like or doesn't fit or just doesn't live up to expectations then I send it back. I'd rather waste a fiver on postage than have a top or a dress or a necklace or whatever that cost £35 sitting there unworn or unused.

BUT I'm not a massive impulse buyer. I tend to think about what I want and I won't be pressured to buy if something is selling like the clappers. I think to myself if it's out of stock then either I'll have to wait or I wasn't meant to have it. Nothing that QVC sells is a life or death purchase. I won't implode if I miss out.

I do however have a QVC wishlist. Things I would like if they go into clearance. Although there's only one thing on it at the minute. I will also go for my wishlist things if they come up on easy pays.

I am top ruddy sensible for my own good sometimes.

I only rarely send things back as I usually buy things I know I will like. The only things I've sent back were a Lulu Guinness bag that I got as an OTO but that turned out to be too plasticky for me and a pair of Birkis that didn't fit.

I'm currently considering sending back the Yogi wand I bought - it doesn't curl my hair very well and I had red burn-welts on my hands despite the thermal glove, and I only did 2-3 curls.

ETA: The one thing I still have and wish I'd sent back is a Kipling OTO where the measurements were so far off it wasn't even funny. The bag really isn't a very practical shape for me and I rarely use it even though I love the colour.

Last edited:
I've returned stuff that was faulty and I've returned a couple of rings as the sizing wasn't right but I've either been lucky/careful when placing orders as I'm pleased 99% of the time with what I've got.

I was very guilty of that before I joined this forum, but will send it back now. I try to make sure I just buy what I know I really really want these days & if I do send anything back I ring them the day I get it & tell them its being returned so they have to comply with Distance Selling Regs.

When I telephoned to do that, CS told me I had to put it in writing and even that sometimes goes missing. Plus I have to chase up the original P&P. That's done more to slow my purchasing, plus I need/want a new kitchen.

Latest posts

Back