Revealing revelation...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
In today's paper (D/Express), this is what Lisa Snowden says after revealing she wants to be a billionaire like her late idol Joan Rivers ...........

"Did you know Joan made more money by selling her jewellery through QVC than she ever did through show business ?" "Joan made more than a billion dollars over 24 years. I'm never going to make that much money modelling, so when I started my own jewellery range and now spend lonely bank holidays sitting in QVC, I always remind myself why I am doing it. Ok, I might still not be married with children but at least I will be rich !"

Well, I'm not contributing to her pension fund, that's for sure !!! and I hope her comments backfire on her.

In today's paper (D/Express), this is what Lisa Snowden says after revealing she wants to be a billionaire like her late idol Joan Rivers ...........

"Did you know Joan made more money by selling her jewellery through QVC than she ever did through show business ?" "Joan made more than a billion dollars over 24 years. I'm never going to make that much money modelling, so when I started my own jewellery range and now spend lonely bank holidays sitting in QVC, I always remind myself why I am doing it. Ok, I might still not be married with children but at least I will be rich !"

Well, I'm not contributing to her pension fund, that's for sure !!! and I hope her comments backfire on her.
Not very nice high price tat

So much for love of jewellery, poor relation to banking the money.This was not the brightest of comments from Ms Snowden. She is no Joan Rivers.

she comes across as an airhead. her dress at the breast cancer event more than proves it

She needs to do more research on 'her' products because on a recent show with the appalling Craig Rowe it was abundantly clear that even he knew far more about the items than she did.

Anyone might be forgiven for thinking she'd had little to do with them :mysmilie_59:

I try not to take an instant dislike to people I have never met or likely to but she really annoys me, particularly that silly "advert" she does on Q, where she waves her arms around, have to turn her off!

I have never been able to stick her and l like her even less after reading this about her! Who does she think she is? Her jewellery range is ****** awful, cheap looking tat which l wouldn't give a fiver for never mind what QVC want to charge. I remember when she did "Strictly" she came over and a bad loser. I have never really understood why she is a model either, l don't think she is that striking. I will never watch one of her shows again, not even for a minute. Who on earth does she think she is?

Joan Rivers could sell her jewellery on her personality alone.Lisa is fooling herself if she thinks she will ever be as big or popular as Joan .
Her jewellery isn't up to much either.

Once I ordered a piece of jewellery from this collection shortly after it first started, it was returned the same day it arrived and I've not been tempted again... so she'll have to think of a new way to earn the billion pounds.

I've watched these shows on Q and I dislike her range, so I'd never be interested in adding to her pension fund either, and I totally agree with you, apart from which I don't even know who she is I'm afraid I had to look her up - she couldn't (and never will) hold a candle to Joan Rivers.

I find Lisa Snowdon somewhat up her own backside, no one would've known about her if it wasn't for being catapulted into the limelight for dating George Clooney, just shows you were dating an A list Hollywood film star will get you hey, a jewellery range on er, QVC :mysmilie_17: At least now you know why her silver designs are so expensive, to buy that villa off San Tropez, not from me I hastened to add, I don't give QVC a penny.

Once I ordered a piece of jewellery from this collection shortly after it first started, it was returned the same day it arrived and I've not been tempted again... so she'll have to think of a new way to earn the billion pounds.

Saw some of it, cheap looking and not very original eg these Love Words are so boring! :mysmilie_12:

It sounds like the goal of wealth is a substitute for all the things missing in her life. But what is the point in becoming fabulously wealthy if you have nobody to share your success with?

It's a crass thing to say, but also a sad thing to say.

Joan Rivers, like her or loathe her, was talented and smart and hard working. Her success on QVC was built on the platform of her hard-won fame, and her entertainment value as a guest. When she did appear on QVC she was always worth watching for herself... and if she sold a few products along the way so be it. Lisa Snowden doesn't have that level of talent in the first place, sadly for her... so inevitably it will be harder for her to make the sort of money Joan was reputed to have made on QVC.

Last edited:
I don't understand at all the fury and scorn being expressed in this thread. If she did actually say what's being reported, Lisa Snowden's aspirations may not appeal to me, but if she wants to be rich, and is prepared to work for it, then good luck to her. I worked hard to achieve what I wanted in life and I don't begrudge her any wealth she may accumulate if that's what she wants, even though I doubt it will bring her happiness.

Latest posts

Back