Reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sja307

Registered Shopper
Bath The City which is full of Tourists & Students
I always try to be honest when leaving a review, that way it gives people a chance to purchase that item it they want it. Most of my reviews on products I've purchased have been 5*s. and they have always been published.
After purchasing Judith Williams Life Long Beauty Neck & Decollete Cream which I admit I do like, 1only gave the product a 4* because of the horrible smell, (smells like really cheap perfume)
Guess what they didn't publish it.
So all in all the reviews are not at all fair are they?? :doh:

During the Judith Williams hour yesterday I heard Catherine particularly stressing that we can trust the reviews because they are ALL published, so we can shop with confidence. I don't think so. How can she be allowed to say that?

I write a lot of reviews as I like to read reviews myself.the good and the bad have been published - with many not at all,despite some recieving 4 or 5 stars.

I do find the reviews helpful,like I say,the motivation for writing them myself - but really do wonder how many really truthful ones do not get published.

A couple of christmas's ago,QVC made a lot of a diamonique star pendant.JR and lots of other presenters wore it constantly - it had a ridiculous amount of reviews and every one 5 star.

I ordered 2 as presents and IMO weren't up to much.I wrote a review saying so - and continued to say that by the time you add postage,I felt I could buy better and more substinstal (sp) presents.

It wasn't published because I really believe they wanted to keep a blemish free, 5 star reputation because thats all they went on about ( and made me order!!) It does make you wonder what and how many reviews aren't published.

I had a review rejected a couple of weeks ago. I had asked to be notified by email when it went online but instead immediately received an email stating that it had been 'rejected'. Because it was such a positive review and because the rejection response seemed to be so quick that I suspected it was automated, I re-read what I had written. When I couldn't see any obvious reason why this might have been rejected (it fell within all the published rules about profanities in case you were wondering!) I contacted QVC who looked in to this for me. It turns out it had been rejected because I had mentioned EasyPay and this is apparently a problem because the item is not always going to be on easy pay and QVC did not want it to be confusing. (As it happened I had only mentioned it in passing so just removed the reference and reposted it with no problems).

I think like the above mention of EasyPay would be a common way a review is rejected rather than them not wanting to post bad reviews.

I often mention how easy pay is helpful or I bought the item on a TSV price or OTO - there doesn't seem any rhyme or reason to these reviews:confused:

Maybe if, when they reject a review, they highlighted the offending phrases and told you which "guideline" you'd contravened we'd feel less suspicious about their motives.

Jude x

Maybe if, when they reject a review, they highlighted the offending phrases and told you which "guideline" you'd contravened we'd feel less suspicious about their motives.

Jude x

I was really concerned that I'd, in some way, contravened some decency rule ( I knew I hadn't but I once had a local newspaper's auto decency check reject something for using the word 'census' - yes, really!) so I was keen to find out what it was (didn't want a big black mark next to my name!) and was glad to know what was wrong.
I'm not convinced that just giving a bad review is a reason for it to be rejected - there are plenty of 1 star ratings out there.

Latest posts

Back