Samsung 47" TV TSV 10/05/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Samsung UE48H5500 48" Smart LED TV with Freeview HD & WiFi
Item Number: 505051
QVC Price £794.00
Today's Special Value Price £669.96
P&P £19.95

Samsung UE48H5500 48" LED Smart TV with Freeview HD and Wi-Fi. This ultra-slim TV features integrated Freeview and Freesat HD tuners, access to a wealth of online media through Samsung's Smart TV platform and a powerful quad-core processor that makes browsing the web, catching up on your favourite shows and much more a breeze. Reinvent the way you watch television with this visually stunning and cutting-edge Smart LED TV from Samsung.

A slimline design - the large 48" screen features an ultra-slim bezel so you can experience a great viewing size without sacrificing more space than necessary.

Endless entertainment - with its powerful quad-core processor, your Smart TV experience is lightning fast so you can take advantage of speedy multi-tasking, smooth web browsing and top sites such as LOVEFiLM, BBC iPlayer, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and so much more, simply connect to your existing network via the built-in Wi-Fi. With access to your favourite online content through your TV, you'll never be stuck for something to watch ever again.

No set top box needed - the integrated Freeview and Freesat HD tuners let you watch a huge selection of free digital TV and radio channels, as well as a variety of HD broadcasts such as BBC HD and Channel 4 HD without the need for an extra set top box.

Watch your favourite shows in any room - turn your phone, computer or tablet into a second TV with SmartView 2.0. Whatever is playing on your TV is streamed to your mobile device as well, allowing you to watch your favourite shows all around the house.

Create your own media hub - connect a console, Blu-ray player, satellite receiver and laptop seamlessly with the three HDMI ports, two USB slots and scart input. It's so easy, meaning you spend less time juggling wires and more time enjoying great entertainment!

With Wide Colour Enhancer Plus you'll enjoy enriched colours and a wider spectrum
Picture will be more vibrant, dynamic and detailed with Micro Dimming technology, which makes whites whiter and blacks deeper
Effortlessly navigate through live TV, movies, streaming content, social networks, apps and more with the Smart Hub interface
Receive personalised TV and movie recommendations based on your own preferences and what's popular and trending with S-Recommendation
Mirror your phone or other compatible mobile device's display onto the TV screen wirelessly
Watch videos, play music or view photos from a USB connection with ConnectShare Movie

What's in the box?

Samsung UE48H5500 48" TV
Rectangle stand
Smart remote control
User guide

Technical specifications:

Display: LED Full HD
Screen size: 122cm (48")
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Clear Motion Rate: 120
Refresh rate: 100Hz
Audio: Dolby MS10 with DTS Studio Sound and DTS Premium Audio 5.1
Audio output power (RMS): 2 x 10W speakers
Smart convergence: All Share content sharing, Samsung SmartView 2.0 (Clone View only), Wi-Fi Direct available, Bluetooth HID built in, USB HID support, Sound Share, Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV)
Smart convenience: ConnectShare Movie, Football Mode Advance, personal video recorder ready, BD Wise Plus available, Multi Tasking, Sleep Mode, Game Mode, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) available, Picture-in-Picture, 29 language options, subtitles, channel list, embedded POP, clock, on/off timer
Dimensions (h x w x d): 67.4cm x 107.5cm x 20.4cm (26.4" x 42.2" x 8")
Weight without stand: 11.1kg
Weight with stand: 12.4kg

Input/output

3 x HDMI
2 x USB
1 x Scart
1 x Wireless LAN
1 x Ethernet LAN
1 x digital audio out (optical)
1 x terrestrial/cable input
1 x IR out
1 x Common Interface slot

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery. UK mainland including Northern Ireland only

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/Samsung-UE48H5...tml?sc=WFMALL&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-505051

Very low spec, it seems to me the Q is, as always, charging a premium for the size. It is bigger than I want, anyway, but 100hz is the second lowest available. Other Samsungs offer 200/400/over 1000hz. Why doesn't QVC listen more to it's customers, and what they want? At least give us options. Because the sales figures are higher on the larger screens, so is the profit margin. On a head to head basis with other retailers, the Q comes out favourably when the sales prices are compareed for the 48" screen tvs. Because online retailers and, to some extent, high street shops, can offer 32"-42" at such excellent prices, way below than we paid for our's, the Q cannot possibly compete, which is why they persist in offering us the same old same old. Not for me.

Actually i think it does have bbc i player it was a review of another samsung tv i was reading

We bought this Samsung SMART TV last November and are so pleased with it. Great price too, although we are not hung up with large tellies. 32 inches does us fine. Have to say I wouldn't buy electrical items anywhere except John Lewis - it came with a 5 year warranty included and their customer service is second to none. The SMART tv concept is brilliant - although we have Sky HD, I use the apps quite a lot like 4OD and iPlayer.

http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue...v-32-with-freeview-hd/p433369#tabinfo-ratings

Their Click and Collect service is brilliant too - I ordered a NARS cosmetic item online at 3pm yesterday and collected it from my local Waitrose/JL At Home this afternoon. No postage charges and I was going to Waitrose anyway to do some shopping.

And then there's the free coffee with your MyWaitrose loyalty card. I'm a total convert - the minute I enter the store, the world seems like a calmer and happier place.

We bought this Samsung SMART TV last November and are so pleased with it. Great price too, although we are not hung up with large tellies. 32 inches does us fine. Have to say I wouldn't buy electrical items anywhere except John Lewis - it came with a 5 year warranty included and their customer service is second to none. The SMART tv concept is brilliant - although we have Sky HD, I use the apps quite a lot like 4OD and iPlayer.

http://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue...v-32-with-freeview-hd/p433369#tabinfo-ratings

Their Click and Collect service is brilliant too - I ordered a NARS cosmetic item online at 3pm yesterday and collected it from my local Waitrose/JL At Home this afternoon. No postage charges and I was going to Waitrose anyway to do some shopping.

And then there's the free coffee with your MyWaitrose loyalty card. I'm a total convert - the minute I enter the store, the world seems like a calmer and happier place.

dont forget the price match too!! i did that on my samsung tv & ended up with like 5 refunds from price matches

So does the TSV support the iplayer app? Done some google-ing and seems there are some issues with Samsung tv's and the iplayer app.

According to Charlie, it is virtually impossible to do a price match, as they can't find it elsewhere. They can't be looking very hard, I had no problem finding it available on a number of websites, and the price was better vfm. The presenters seem to be spouting a load of crap about this tv. Whilst I haven't seen the quality of it in situ, the specs are extremely low end, I wouldn't even consider it. Craig Rowe told us it was "top of the range"! So does he regard 100hz refresh rate as desirable? The only spec lower is 50hz. 3 HDMIs is okay, but for the price, 4 HDMIs is the norm. Only 2 USBs. And it is not even 3D. I am not bothered about 3D, but it is quite generically the case that a 3D tv has higher specs, and is usually about the same price as a non 3D so, in order to get the superior specs, such as refresh rate, I would get a 3D tv, even though I probably wouldn't use it as such. I bought my current samsung from QVC approx 7 years ago, and it is 100hz so, when I do get another tv, I want to upgrade.

charlie talks a lot of s**t he also said he only watches about 6 hours of TV a week... utter crap! he is forever talking about all these different shows that he watches every week! i think charlie is a bit fake this evening...

refresh rates are not the be all , take higher rated ones with a pinch of salt

http://www.techradar.com/news/home-...v-refresh-rates-are-marketing-gimmicks-646907

Different things are more important to people, depending on what you use the tv for. Personally, if I was considering two tvs, one was 100hz and the other 400hz, and the price was equable, I would go for the higher refresh rate, as I like to think I am getting the best I can for my money. If the difference in price between a superior refresh rate was significant, then some may want to consider that, for example, the improvement in picture quality between 200 and 400 is inconsequential. Going from 100 to 400, however, would show a noted improvement. Why would anyone choose to buy an inferior tv for the same amount of money? Just my opinion.

Not yet in the market for a new tv bought my 42inch panasonic plasma a few years ago from john lewis 5year g would not buy tvs from anyone else i have no need for smart tvs but i would have thought including 3d would have been at least keeping up with the times.

Latest posts

Back