Sausage Man!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Lool. There is a large man on QVC selling expensive sausages. He sounds like an East End gangster! :p

£35 quid for 10 lamb chops.. and they use the word... VALUE?

They go on about how fab the food is when its cooked. Surely if you're a crap cook like me, it won't be the same. Plus also relies on recipe and what you do with it..

Seems to me that there must be a consumer that will pay these obscene prices.
As has been said £25 for four pounds of sausages is just maddness. I would like to think that any town will have a real butcher that would be able to supply sausages with provenance and integrity. I am quite prepared to believe that the products are tasty but they would be no better than available from the butcher and some supermarkets premium ranges.
OK so I love my food and am prepared to, and will find the time to go to real shops where craftsmen sell their products direct - perhaps I am in a minority. And I don't have any 'mobility issues' which means that I can out to do my shopping but the prices are just ridiculous!

Waitrose do some lovely sausages, outdoor bred pork and only £1.19 for 8, Some people have more money than sense, methinks.

I don't eat sausages, but I do buy Asda's organic beef steaks. They are quite reasonable if you choose the right cut (not sirloin). I just had a tasty 350g organic rump steak, some sweet potato mash (I mashed it myself), green beens, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and gravy. The whole meal cost £6! Not bad!

I don't eat sausages, but I do buy Asda's organic beef steaks. They are quite reasonable if you choose the right cut (not sirloin). I just had a tasty 350g organic rump steak, some sweet potato mash (I mashed it myself), green beens, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and gravy. The whole meal cost £6! Not bad!

Blimey, that lot wasn't all just for you, was it....? If so....can I please come & live at your house.....? :grin:

Lol I got to well so stay strong for Army training.

Well don't get too used to it, I doubt they'll be feeding you on 350g of organic steak......not on a budget of £1.64 per person, per day, or whatever it is, some miniscule amount of cash anyway! :grin:

Well don't get too used to it, I doubt they'll be feeding you on 350g of organic steak......not on a budget of £1.64 per person, per day, or whatever it is, some miniscule amount of cash anyway! :grin:

The officers get the steak. Everybody else gets the mashed potato (once they've finished peeling them). :grin:

Latest posts

Back