Sbc tsv 28/2/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lorraine seemed a nice lady but i still take issue with the concept that applying pink goo containing collagen from a plant is going to improve my skin, given that i am not a plant. if anyone can explain this to me exactly how this is supposed to work i would be grateful.

Yeah, I was always under the impression that collagen applied to the skin was fairly ineffective - not sure how true that is. My other half is quite scathing about the '+ and - ionised' label on the products. He says the products may work well, but that comment on the labels is just scientific mubo jumbo that means nothing you can't have something that is positively and negatively charged (?) or something, I must admit I switched off when he went into geek mode:mysmilie_17:...

Does anyone have a positive experience of Arnica? I have a healed fracture that still swells and aches sometimes. I wonder if it would help???

Does anyone have a positive experience of Arnica? I have a healed fracture that still swells and aches sometimes. I wonder if it would help???

My husband broke his back and dislocated his shoulder, 3 years ago. He also gets skeletal problems with his knees because of his height. He swears by Arnica when he gets pain and stiffness.

I slipped a disc when the children were little and my back still goes into spasm sometimes. Again the Arnica makes the difference...

My husband broke his back and dislocated his shoulder, 3 years ago. He also gets skeletal problems with his knees because of his height. He swears by Arnica when he gets pain and stiffness.

I slipped a disc when the children were little and my back still goes into spasm sometimes. Again the Arnica makes the difference...

:mysmilie_687: Thx for the info, Artemis. That's quite a compelling testimony.

Yes It has worked for me in the past but thankfully I havent needed to use it recently.
My son used to play football and always asked for the arnica if he had an injury.

It is definately worth a try

Yes It has worked for me in the past but thankfully I havent needed to use it recently.
My son used to play football and always asked for the arnica if he had an injury.

It is definately worth a try

:mysmilie_687:Thx for the advice. I may well give the TSV a go. I notice that SBC is also stocked at salonskincare.co.uk. The prices don't look too bad.

I buy this for my OH's mother who is 88, the arnica gels really helps her arthritis an she massages her knees everyday, she hasn't a clue what to do with the rest so she gives them to me which is a brucie bonus. I too though am at a loss as to how the collagen works!

Bought the TSV yesterday. Arnica - couldn't live without it. Collagen - fantastic for boobs - keeps them firm! Arnica hot rub stuff - good for a sore back. Jasmine shower creme - mmmmm nice smell but thats about all.
Lorraine didn't really do it for me so not bothered she has gone. Bit concerned that SBC might be on the way out at QVC - just like Molton Brown etc. Anyway we'll worry about that if it happens. This Arnica should keep me going for another 6 months. This is mainly what I bought the TSV for.

lorraine seemed a nice lady but i still take issue with the concept that applying pink goo containing collagen from a plant is going to improve my skin, given that i am not a plant. if anyone can explain this to me exactly how this is supposed to work i would be grateful.

it's marine collagen - sure there was a thread on the old site where someone had contacted SBC and they had confirmed it was not a plant ingredient. I'm not sure how it would work topically either - particularly as it seemed like a very watered down version!

I find it really sticky and if you put it on at night, theres a sticky film that slides down your face in the shower the next morning:mysmilie_81::mysmilie_17:

does anyone know if the Arnica would still be effective about 2 years after I opened it?

I find it really sticky and if you put it on at night, theres a sticky film that slides down your face in the shower the next morning:mysmilie_81::mysmilie_17:

How unpleasant!:mysmilie_61:
If it has been part of a TSV in the past, I've used it up on the back of my hands, whenever I think about it where it made no difference whatsoever, though in fairness, nothing else has, either!
I don't use it on my face because I have other stuff I use.
I don't think they do themselves any favours by making claims for the collagen gel and I think it undermines the quality and efficacy of their other products, many of which are marvellous.

does anyone know if the Arnica would still be effective about 2 years after I opened it?

My daughter says yes. It has never lasted 2 years in our house, but she has a container that she's had for at least three and says it is just as efficacious. If you havn't used it for a while, I would sterilise the pump mechanism and discard the first couple of squirts, just to be on the safe side.

From Lorranine's blog

My love of professional skincare and care for my clients and customers continually drives me to want to achieve the highest standards.

So….here I am now developing my own brand with all the integrity that quality skincare should embrace. The highest quality ingredients, wrapped in ethical and environmentally sound principles. As a mum of four and grandmother I know what it is to care for the future of the world as well as our skin. Sadly QVC policy does not allow me to ever return with my own, or any other brand. BUT that’s not say I may not appear elsewhere in the not too distant future. If you wait for me I assure you the wait will be worthwhile.

Thank you ever so much for your support and kind words. I look forward to receiving more of your comments and questions. I will always do my best to help wherever I can.

I used to mix the collegan gel and the vit E gel as a body moisturiser in the summer. It was cool and did moisturise your skin, didn't expect it to do anything other than that.

Latest posts

Back