Scrapbooking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NIKKID

Registered Shopper
Can anyone help my out please. Basically, my MIL has alzheimers and on the advice of her social worker, i am going to help prepare a memory book with photos, letters and wee things of interest to help jog her memory and also to provide her carers with a little history of her so they can better understand her life story.

Long story short - i have no idea where to start with this - is there such as thing as a beginner kit which isnt so much about the decorative but more the functional to get going?

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated! Have looke don QVC and im not sure what to get??

Pop over to CraftTelly.com (sister site of ST) and ask Nikkid. If you're not already registered over there it won't take a minute.

I've dabbled with DigiScrapping but not the real sort so can't really guide you.

Can anyone help my out please. Basically, my MIL has alzheimers and on the advice of her social worker, i am going to help prepare a memory book with photos, letters and wee things of interest to help jog her memory and also to provide her carers with a little history of her so they can better understand her life story.

Long story short - i have no idea where to start with this - is there such as thing as a beginner kit which isnt so much about the decorative but more the functional to get going?

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated! Have looke don QVC and im not sure what to get??

I think more of a photo album would be good, my mum is in same boat and she loves looking back at pics. You can still put in odds and ends pertinent to her, favourite pressed flower or tickets to special places, holiday destination leaflets, favourite coloured velvet ribbon to remind her of her childhood, recipes with pics. and they are all protected by film that she can flip back and forth to. You can buy the size relevant to her dexterity. If she has good long term memory put in lots from her youth, labelling people, places to save her having to stress too long to try to remember, which my mum gets very tired doing. Print out stories she has told you growing up, funny memories and sad. Once you start the ideas will flow and it will be enjoyable for you too. It can end up a journal of your mums life.

Thanks folks. I know the ones you mean Loveinamist - hadn't thought of that but you are right, the film will be a great barrier to the pics! Im actually really looking forward to doing it as she gets a real buzz and is at her happiest taliking about her childhood.

Ta

I think more of a photo album would be good, my mum is in same boat and she loves looking back at pics. You can still put in odds and ends pertinent to her, favourite pressed flower or tickets to special places, holiday destination leaflets, favourite coloured velvet ribbon to remind her of her childhood, recipes with pics. and they are all protected by film that she can flip back and forth to. You can buy the size relevant to her dexterity. If she has good long term memory put in lots from her youth, labelling people, places to save her having to stress too long to try to remember, which my mum gets very tired doing. Print out stories she has told you growing up, funny memories and sad. Once you start the ideas will flow and it will be enjoyable for you too. It can end up a journal of your mums life.

You're so right on this loveinamist. My late mother had Alzheimer's and the home she was in suggested photos and anything to remind her of her life from childhood onwards. She would never tire of looking at the same pics as long as someone was there to show them to her. I still miss her terribly.

Latest posts

Back